[3.23 Cold Conversion Blade Vortex Elementalist / Occultist (League Starter + League Finisher)

"
qbatronix schrieb:
Do you think this build will be playable in new league? BV will not have 10% more crit chance. It will change DPS drasticly?

I just did the quick maffs in PoB. Looks like the crit chance loss alone is about a 9% dps loss, but you can probably get some crit chance back on gear. Not to mention the base damage buff the skill got. Overall, I think it's still good.

A couple of the issues I do see is

1. No more anolmalous HoP, so no free extra CC.
2. No HoI quality doesn't give increased cold damage, so a slight loss in DPS.
3. Vortex is no longer instant cast, so I think it might be awkward to use. I'm going to slot in Frostblink to still get bonechill
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Exiled_Goose um 01.12.2023, 12:12:31
"
"
qbatronix schrieb:
Do you think this build will be playable in new league? BV will not have 10% more crit chance. It will change DPS drasticly?

I just did the quick maffs in PoB. Looks like the crit chance loss alone is about a 9% dps loss, but you can probably get some crit chance back on gear. Not to mention the base damage buff the skill got. Overall, I think it's still good.

A couple of the issues I do see is

1. No more anolmalous HoP, so no free extra CC.
2. No HoI quality doesn't give increased cold damage, so a slight loss in DPS.
3. Vortex is no longer instant cast, so I think it might be awkward to use. I'm going to slot in Frostblink to still get bonechill

To counteract the crit chance, they buffed the top end damage fairly significantly, and also made it so quality increases DPS by about 11%, so overall it's definitely a buff, especially considering the vast availability of critical strike chance.

Meat shield support can address the no-anomalous, not for free of course

Losing the herald quality damage increases was made up for by gaining golem buff increase from quality

Vortex being on left click was really just for convenience, and was much more crucial when Arcane Surge was a relevant buff. Now, just cast it or cold snap on bosses/beefy boys, and of course use frostblink for trash as you intuited.

Guide update coming soon.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Chronic_Painless um 01.12.2023, 15:54:49
Guide has been updated for 3.23 based on the patch notes, I'll put out a fresh POB once the community fork update hits with all the new numbers.
I have a small question. With 5 auras and 4 golems, how the hell do you manage your bars? Do you just activate skill, switch skill over and over to turn it all on, and then go?

Edit: nevermind, i forgot i can have a different set on weapon swap (i guess as long as i don't stick the aura or golems in my weapons)
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Exiled_Goose um 02.12.2023, 19:18:38
"
I have a small question. With 5 auras and 4 golems, how the hell do you manage your bars? Do you just activate skill, switch skill over and over to turn it all on, and then go?

Edit: nevermind, i forgot i can have a different set on weapon swap (i guess as long as i don't stick the aura or golems in my weapons)

You can also press CTRL for additional slots without changing weapons.
"
qbatronix schrieb:

You can also press CTRL for additional slots without changing weapons.

Right, I know that. You have 13 skill slots. Auras and golems take up 9. So there's not enough for all your skills as well.

But you actually get a completely different slot set on weapon swap. So you can stick your golems and auras on those, and then switch back for your main.
Can Blade Blast of Unloading work better for clearing? I think the Occultist version has an open 4L.
Blade Blast of Unloading would turn BV into the utility spell that enables BB, since you need 10 blades for BV to be effective on its own damage-wise, it wouldn't make sense to constantly be detonating them.

Maybe if you were running just the right content where the area was very wide open and the monsters were only just juiced enough that the 4-link BB can kill them. Otherwise it'd be better to just focus on scaling the BB and leave BV on a 2-link with unleash.
@Chronic_Painless

I saw now that Blade blast has a trigger or something with BV. Do you think there is a way to add Blade Blast to BV?
Hey there, considering this as my leagestarter to change into some sort of coc later. Are there a lot of buttons to press? I really dislike keyboardpiano and complicate mechanics to enable DPS-output and am somewhat lazy...

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: