[3.23 Cold Conversion Blade Vortex Elementalist / Occultist (League Starter + League Finisher)

Hello there ! I've been really enjoying the experience with the build so far !

Mapping feels great and smooth but i've got an issue, when it comes to bosses (guardians & pinnacle bosses) my DPS feels REALLY slow.

I'm still on Elementalist version so i do not have reliable power charges generation during those fights but is it the only issue for this low DPS or am i missing something else ?
"
Lalatina_Sama schrieb:

Mapping feels great and smooth but i've got an issue, when it comes to bosses (guardians & pinnacle bosses) my DPS feels REALLY slow.

I'm still on Elementalist version so i do not have reliable power charges generation during those fights but is it the only issue for this low DPS or am i missing something else ?

I am not the author of the build(and I will delete my message if I overstep in giving advice here), but, from what I can see:
- you could use another +1 all spell skill gems on the weapon, if you have the currency to buy one
- +1 all skill gems on your amulet, again if you have currency
- level 21 vaal blade vortex - again, only if you have the currency for that
- missing quality on your awakened cold penetration support - it gives increased damage to suported skills
- awakened unleash isn’t lvl5, and there is no caster mastery, so maintaining 10 stacks of BV could probably be a problem
- your shield could use some spell damage or cold damage bonus, again if you have the currency to get one
- 84% cold conversion is decent, but implicit on gloves could be improved with some orbs of conflict or higher tier eldritch currency(random, isn’t guaranteed and if unlucky could take a lot of attempts and currency)
- increased damage with wands on a jewel doesn’t benefit you - it only applies to attacks
- increased elemental damage with attack skills on the belt likewise doesn’t affect BV - it is a spell that hits, but not an attack. Same with the modifier on your ring, but that isn’t crafted and so could probably be harder to change
- similar with implicit on gloves, it gives lightning damage to attacks, and BV isn’t one
- determination implicit on armor could be changed to hatred for increased dps, if you have the currency - though it sacrifices some armor, your equipment pieces don’t provide armor anyway, and so the effect from the aura is limited - the higher the damage of a hit that gets you, the worse armor performs and the more armor is needed. Against pinnacle bosses the aura with no base to build off of provides rather limited damage mitigation in such a case, from what I understand
- identical suffix types on flasks don’t provide higher bonus - it gets overriden, so your granite and quicksilver flasks don’t both provide the bonus to critical chance
- if you have trouble with flask charge generation, “used when you hit a rare or unique enemy if not already in effect” enchantment from instilling orbs should be better for bossing, increasing flask uptime.
"
Ariafrost schrieb:
"
Lalatina_Sama schrieb:

I am not the author of the build(and I will delete my message if I overstep in giving advice here), but, from what I can see:
- you could use another +1 all spell skill gems on the weapon, if you have the currency to buy one
- +1 all skill gems on your amulet, again if you have currency
- level 21 vaal blade vortex - again, only if you have the currency for that
- missing quality on your awakened cold penetration support - it gives increased damage to suported skills
- awakened unleash isn’t lvl5, and there is no caster mastery, so maintaining 10 stacks of BV could probably be a problem
- your shield could use some spell damage or cold damage bonus, again if you have the currency to get one
- 84% cold conversion is decent, but implicit on gloves could be improved with some orbs of conflict or higher tier eldritch currency(random, isn’t guaranteed and if unlucky could take a lot of attempts and currency)
- increased damage with wands on a jewel doesn’t benefit you - it only applies to attacks
- increased elemental damage with attack skills on the belt likewise doesn’t affect BV - it is a spell that hits, but not an attack. Same with the modifier on your ring, but that isn’t crafted and so could probably be harder to change
- similar with implicit on gloves, it gives lightning damage to attacks, and BV isn’t one
- determination implicit on armor could be changed to hatred for increased dps, if you have the currency - though it sacrifices some armor, your equipment pieces don’t provide armor anyway, and so the effect from the aura is limited - the higher the damage of a hit that gets you, the worse armor performs and the more armor is needed. Against pinnacle bosses the aura with no base to build off of provides rather limited damage mitigation in such a case, from what I understand
- identical suffix types on flasks don’t provide higher bonus - it gets overriden, so your granite and quicksilver flasks don’t both provide the bonus to critical chance
- if you have trouble with flask charge generation, “used when you hit a rare or unique enemy if not already in effect” enchantment from instilling orbs should be better for bossing, increasing flask uptime.

Thanks for the feedback !

Currently lacking currency for +2 wand & amulet but working on it
Totally forgot 'bout my quality on awakened cold pen support, thanks !

As for cold conversion, it's again a matter of currency, did not have enough to get higher tier one but i did not think it would impact DPS this much
(im also aware attack mods don't work with BV, just had no more eldritch currency for glove and already bought belt like this)

Also, as my gear provides no armour, do you actually think swapping to grace and running an evasion flask would actually benefit me more ?
I usually never run evasion based char and actually worried about effective evasion chance in high tier maps/against big bosses

Now it's more than clear my issue is mostly budget based and i'm gonna work it off, thank you !
Hi, thanks for the guide. I've been trying to convert a character straight into the occultist version and have spent a bit of currency, but it feels weak. I know I need to fix my chaos res and gem levels, but is there anything else I am missing? Single target damage seems fairly weak as well, but the explosions are a lot of fun. Thanks!

https://pobb.in/-_jfKikQsjMO
Thank you, going to use this during sent/kalandra event.
Thanks for the build. I was able to do all bosses this league, most of them deathless. I was able to farm my first ever headhunter with this build. Biggest problem is the lack of regen in the occultist version, DoTs really go fast, poison, poison ground and that ToTa ice ground. But it is manageable. The build scaled really well and a upgrade was always in sight which made it a nice expierence.
I think I found the next league build. Thank you
Hello.
I want to ask if you would recommend an atlas tree that would help this build .. whether with self craft, fighting style (blight is probably not the most suitable), etc.

I can think of beast, chests, essence, exarch .. maybe breach, ritual?

"
oupis schrieb:
Hello.
I want to ask if you would recommend an atlas tree that would help this build .. whether with self craft, fighting style (blight is probably not the most suitable), etc.

I can think of beast, chests, essence, exarch .. maybe breach, ritual?

This video is from a few patches ago, but the rankings definitely still hold up as far as synnergy with the build: https://youtu.be/JwMXHUd04iY
Do you think this build will be playable in new league? BV will not have 10% more crit chance. It will change DPS drasticly?
Zuletzt bearbeitet von qbatronix um 01.12.2023, 09:37:03

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: