[3.23 Cold Conversion Blade Vortex Elementalist / Occultist (League Starter + League Finisher)

aaaand you think is buffed because the curses changes? or nothing change?
"
Morfogore1001 schrieb:
aaaand you think is buffed because the curses changes? or nothing change?

I think it'll feel better for sure, since it had more than enough damage for mapping, and extra boss DPS certainly couldn't hurt.

Definitely seems like the tradeoff was favorable.
friend, could you be completely honest with me? In one of your kalandra videos someone asked you how was this build for bosses because you don't have videos doing the uber bosses and you answered that you could but it wasn't very good, could you please clarify the point for me? I understand that you would have to farm before aspiring to make bosses, but how much? Is it preferable to start cyclon slayer? In another comment you also say that it is like a cyclon xD. thanks bro.
Does this affect this build?
https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ze3j3r/bigger_psa_its_not_just_combustion_support/
"

TL;DR

Combustion only seems to apply if the strongest ignite or the most recent ignite was supported by it.

Bonechill, at least in the circumstance i was able to test, when applied by a chill that is not the strongest does NOT apply increased damage equal to the strongest chill as stated by Mark, and it also doesn't apply ANY increased damage if it's not the strongest chill.

And there's something funky going on with chill duration in this test, i think it's connected to wintertide brand.

edit: As far as combustion goes, in repeating it out a bit further, there's a slight amount of inconsistency... about 90% of the time it works as i describe, but every now and then applying a stronger non-combustion ignite that by my conclusion should remove combustion doesn't, or occasionally applying a weak combustion ignite while a stronger non-combustion ignite is present doesn't apply it. It's very odd, seems like perhaps crits are throwing a monkey wrench into it, but i can't judge for sure. Suffice to say there's some bugs going on here, regardless.

edit 2: Few more tests involving chilled zones:

a weaker zone-based bonechill will indeed grant inc damage equal to magnitude of a stronger non-zone chill (used frost shield with bonechill with 12% chill, low damage frostbolt to get 40% chill, and wintertide brand to measure damage, clearly did well more damage with the frostbolt 40% chill active).

a stronger zone-based chill without bonechill will cause a weaker non-zone chill with bonechill to not grant any increased damage (wintertide brand with bonechill and 13% chill did less damage while in a 20% non-bonechill frost shield than it did on its own)

The former at least is consistent with what Mark has stated about that particular case in the past, if you use a zone-based bonechill you'll get inc damage based off the strongest chill even if it's not from that zone.

edit 3: I would like to clarify for civility's sake, I'm not blaming Mark for this or trying to call him out or anything like that, I'm more using his responses in the recent past as evidence that these interactions aren't the intended behavior and that these seem very likely to be bugs, and hopefully with the attention they can be noticed and fixed soon.

"
I hate eyeballing enemy health bars, so I set up a self-chill test that outputs exact numbers. TL:DR: Complete agreement with OP. Bonechill doesn't seem to apply when not applied by the chill with the highest effect, and unlike Combustion, that's true regardless of the order the chills are applied in.

For details:

Icefang Orbit is used to inflict a base 10% chill through poison, and Golden Rule is used to poison myself. Because the chill is coming from the poison which is coming from the skill, stats from support gems apply.

Voidsphere-Bonechill will self-chill for 12%.

Ethereal Knives-Awakened Unbound Ailments will self-chill for 15%.

To take a consistent amount of cold damage, I equip a minimum power charge ring, then weapon swap to Replica Tulfall (Take 500 Cold Damage on reaching Maximum Power Charges) and a +2 minimum power charge shield.

With 20% cold resistance, Replica Tulfall's hit deals 400 damage. When Bonechill applies its 12% increased cold damage taken, the expectation is 448 damage.

When only using Voidsphere, chilling for 12%, 448 damage is taken. When using Voidsphere, then Ethereal Knives to apply a bigger 15% chill, that damage drops to 400.

(Dissolution of the Flesh is used because the test wasn't convoluted enough to quickly read damage through life reservation. It doesn't mechanically affect anything else.)

"
Morfogore1001 schrieb:
friend, could you be completely honest with me? In one of your kalandra videos someone asked you how was this build for bosses because you don't have videos doing the uber bosses and you answered that you could but it wasn't very good, could you please clarify the point for me? I understand that you would have to farm before aspiring to make bosses, but how much? Is it preferable to start cyclon slayer? In another comment you also say that it is like a cyclon xD. thanks bro.

For Uber Bosses, the build can definitely do it. I mentioned in an earlier comment that it took me 50ex in Sentinel to do it as a giga-tank and 60 div in LOK to do it as a semi-glass-cannon.

I don't remember specifically, but I think what I must have meant by that answer you're referring to is that it's not exceptional at bossing like some of the builds designed explicitly to boss rush and make money selling carries on TFT, but it can certainly get the job done.

I have a video of me fighting Uber Sirus here: https://youtu.be/YWd7PsxAkEw

I hope you can see how much heavy lifting the build itself has to do to make up for my potato skills at actually controlling my character.

The idea is to only make a Scion to get onslaught support from A1 Twilight Strand and then make the Witch. It almost feels like a betrayal to my 1-character only philosophy, but I think it's fair.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Chronic_Painless um 06.12.2022, 18:06:04
"
lilbuddha schrieb:
Does this affect this build?
https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ze3j3r/bigger_psa_its_not_just_combustion_support/
"

TL;DR

Combustion only seems to apply if the strongest ignite or the most recent ignite was supported by it.

Bonechill, at least in the circumstance i was able to test, when applied by a chill that is not the strongest does NOT apply increased damage equal to the strongest chill as stated by Mark, and it also doesn't apply ANY increased damage if it's not the strongest chill.

And there's something funky going on with chill duration in this test, i think it's connected to wintertide brand.

edit: As far as combustion goes, in repeating it out a bit further, there's a slight amount of inconsistency... about 90% of the time it works as i describe, but every now and then applying a stronger non-combustion ignite that by my conclusion should remove combustion doesn't, or occasionally applying a weak combustion ignite while a stronger non-combustion ignite is present doesn't apply it. It's very odd, seems like perhaps crits are throwing a monkey wrench into it, but i can't judge for sure. Suffice to say there's some bugs going on here, regardless.

edit 2: Few more tests involving chilled zones:

a weaker zone-based bonechill will indeed grant inc damage equal to magnitude of a stronger non-zone chill (used frost shield with bonechill with 12% chill, low damage frostbolt to get 40% chill, and wintertide brand to measure damage, clearly did well more damage with the frostbolt 40% chill active).

a stronger zone-based chill without bonechill will cause a weaker non-zone chill with bonechill to not grant any increased damage (wintertide brand with bonechill and 13% chill did less damage while in a 20% non-bonechill frost shield than it did on its own)

The former at least is consistent with what Mark has stated about that particular case in the past, if you use a zone-based bonechill you'll get inc damage based off the strongest chill even if it's not from that zone.

edit 3: I would like to clarify for civility's sake, I'm not blaming Mark for this or trying to call him out or anything like that, I'm more using his responses in the recent past as evidence that these interactions aren't the intended behavior and that these seem very likely to be bugs, and hopefully with the attention they can be noticed and fixed soon.

"
I hate eyeballing enemy health bars, so I set up a self-chill test that outputs exact numbers. TL:DR: Complete agreement with OP. Bonechill doesn't seem to apply when not applied by the chill with the highest effect, and unlike Combustion, that's true regardless of the order the chills are applied in.

For details:

Icefang Orbit is used to inflict a base 10% chill through poison, and Golden Rule is used to poison myself. Because the chill is coming from the poison which is coming from the skill, stats from support gems apply.

Voidsphere-Bonechill will self-chill for 12%.

Ethereal Knives-Awakened Unbound Ailments will self-chill for 15%.

To take a consistent amount of cold damage, I equip a minimum power charge ring, then weapon swap to Replica Tulfall (Take 500 Cold Damage on reaching Maximum Power Charges) and a +2 minimum power charge shield.

With 20% cold resistance, Replica Tulfall's hit deals 400 damage. When Bonechill applies its 12% increased cold damage taken, the expectation is 448 damage.

When only using Voidsphere, chilling for 12%, 448 damage is taken. When using Voidsphere, then Ethereal Knives to apply a bigger 15% chill, that damage drops to 400.

(Dissolution of the Flesh is used because the test wasn't convoluted enough to quickly read damage through life reservation. It doesn't mechanically affect anything else.)

The key part of that is "The former at least is consistent with what Mark has stated about that particular case in the past, if you use a zone-based bonechill you'll get inc damage based off the strongest chill even if it's not from that zone."

So no worries, this will only affect people who aren't using the "enemies in chilling areas" part of the support.
"
Chronic_Painless schrieb:
"
Morfogore1001 schrieb:

For Uber Bosses, the build can definitely do it. I mentioned in an earlier comment that it took me 50ex in Sentinel to do it as a giga-tank and 60 div in LOK to do it as a semi-glass-cannon.

I don't remember specifically, but I think what I must have meant by that answer you're referring to is that it's not exceptional at bossing like some of the builds designed explicitly to boss rush and make money selling carries on TFT, but it can certainly get the job done.

I hope you can see how much heavy lifting the build itself has to do to make up for my potato skills at actually controlling my character.

ok then, another question and sorry xD,,,, i have the same potato skills as you, even more potato, you recoomend be tank or glass cannon? and can you give me a link for follow? i see your pob for 3.20 league start have sections but i think are for the glass cannon build right?

and my goals are mapping not so fast, not so slow, but i want be really good at bossing, i think the mechanic of this league are more boss killer dependant.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Morfogore1001 um 06.12.2022, 13:15:38
"
Morfogore1001 schrieb:
"
Chronic_Painless schrieb:
"
Morfogore1001 schrieb:

ok then, another question and sorry xD,,,, i have the same potato skills as you, even more potato, you recoomend be tank or glass cannon? and can you give me a link for follow? i see your pob for 3.20 league start have sections but i think are for the glass cannon build right?

and my goals are mapping not so fast, not so slow, but i want be really good at bossing, i think the mechanic of this league are more boss killer dependant.

You'll probably wanna stick with the spell suppression route at the very least.

The setups in the POB should be pretty tanky for the proposed budget-level, but could certainly trade off some damage for even more in the form of Grace and other evasion investment.
sorry i know profane bloom is huge for mapping, but what you do for uber bosssing?
"
Morfogore1001 schrieb:
sorry i know profane bloom is huge for mapping, but what you do for uber bosssing?

I'd go with Unholy Authority and either add another curse via an arcanist brand setup, or drop Whispers of Doom and spend those passives elsewhere, depending on what POB told me was more damage. I suppose Enfeeble or even Temp Chains would be worth considering as well with the new changes, but it's tough to say how impactful they would be without trying it out for myself.

The other options aren't easily utilized without investing into some amount of synergy.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: