[3.9] Physical Conversion Bowyer | Wander [TS/LA/IS + Barrage] [KB + Power Siphon] [All Content]

Hey i was wondering if you could have look at my POB. I crafted all my own gear just wanted know if there was anything that be improved on. Thank you
Oh sorry, POB https://pastebin.com/6MbhE4FL
"
JackieM00N schrieb:
Oh sorry, POB https://pastebin.com/6MbhE4FL

Hi

I spot several problems with your setup, I suggest you read the relevant sections again very carefully, and also read the gearing strategy section.

1) Your gems are lvl 21 with 0 quality. This is very bad for dps; 20 quality is more important than 1 extra gem level. you are better off getting 20/20 gems than 21/0 gems. Pretty much all your gems should be 20/20, besides auras which are fine as 21/0, and some other gems that should not be high level or else you won't meet the level req.

2) This build does no physical damage. Therefore your helmet doesnt give any dps, nor does it have any resistances, so it's basically a helm that has only a high life roll which puts the burden of resists on your other gear and consequently hurts your dps. I advise you check the helm section again or read the general section about capping resists.

3) You crafted a T2 crit chance + quality roll on your wand, instead of T1. I mentioned in the guide to choose either T1 crit chance + quality or T1 crit chance if you don't have the currency. This is going to harm your dps a bit but I think it's too late to fix that one without spending a lot of exalts to re multimod.

4) You are way overcapped on resists. This means you are giving up damage. For example, the lightning resist roll on your gloves dont do anything because ur already capped. You should have taken the hybrid crit chance + ele damage roll as stated in the guide. This also might be too expensive to fix at this point.

5) You need to replace the res on your shield with double damage (4-5%). That resist roll isnt doing anything for you since ur already capped.

6) Your diamond flask has a heat suffix. That doesn't do anything for Pathfinder so replace with Warding.

7) Most of your jewels are not good enough for endgame and will hurt your dps by a lot. I have trade links in the guide itself that you should use to get replacement jewels asap especially the abyss jewels. The backup trade link in the regular jewel section should have some abyss jewels listed.

8) You took snowforged cluster from the wrong side, build doesn't do fire damage.

9) Your Precision needs to be high level. Currently it's at lvl 1 which is wrecking your hit chance. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

I highly recommend you read the guide again, especially relevant sections and the stuff under general topics and order of upgrade section. A lot of the pitfalls I see in your setup were fully addressed in those sections, and under gearing strategy. I did not recommend a Farrul's in the main guide b/c it was not built around Farrul's. I had a separate ele wander section that better utilized Farrul's advantages, but comes with a much larger budget. I'm a bit unsure which guide you were exactly following. It seems you were trying to replicate the setup in my ele wander section but with phys wander gear but I'm not completely sure. If I had a better idea what your goals were I could offer better advice.

If you make these adjustments above you can probably hit 6-7mil shaper dps or a bit more, but the fact that you didn't really optimize and craft the right mods on your gear will lower the damage ceiling for your build. The point of using Farrul's is to have more dps than Loreweave, but in this case you might have lower dps than the Loreweave setup without the built in tankiness from Loreweave. Still, overall this level of dps should be sufficient for pretty much all bosses.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Enahkra um 02.10.2019, 03:29:26
thank you for the replying the farrul was given to me by hence the use of it. ill change to loreweave, my jewels are working progress but i guess my build still is haha and ill try corect my gems quality.thank you
"
Enahkra schrieb:
"
Rossko schrieb:
Spoiler
Well thx for the nice guide first off all....

But i have a question or two anyways...

1. I bought a kinda cheap (i think around 10c) rare wand directly after switching to wander..... Is it worth to keep it until i got/can craft my own wand? or should i buy Poet's Pen but it's like 150c in blight...?

Wand:
Spoiler

And then you never mention when to upgrade jewels from just 3dps mods to dps+ %life....
Thats why my question should be what i should actually upgrade next....
Keep going with your upgrade "path" and upgrade jewels later? Or upgrade them now? (Got gloves already only need Hatred jewel ...after this i dunno if jewels or helmet etc.)
And my boots surely need an upgrade soon too but i will do it when i actually need the res (prob when switching my gloves)

After all my dmg is pretty nice and i only feel pretty squishy. Maps with multiple bosses(warbands mostly which run around too) rip me pretty often like on precinct map where i cant just facetank and barrage one boss down with lgoh from Thiefs Torment ring.
And blight encounters are kinda tanky too with just kinetic blast but my gems arent lvled yet.(or again after 20% qual them)

Thx a lot.

Ps. Nearly forgot my gear...Here it is:
Spoiler

Not sure if i can link jewels....they are just 3dps mods and one abyss with onslaught/blind/30life

I guess I didn't make it clear in the guide. When I wrote 3x dps jewels I mean "three jewels with 2x dps mods + life", not "jewels with 3 dps mods". I guess it could have been worded better. The reason I wrote dps jewel was to contrast it with the viridian +2 mana jewel. I provided 2 links in the guide with jewels good enough for endgame.

I would suggest using Poet's Pen, it will be much better than your current wand. Besides you can always resell it later. You won't need to upgrade it for a long time anyway.

As for the Precinct boss, yes there is an issue with that one early on in the gearing process. Later on if upgraded correctly you should be able to one shot them and not have to worry as much. Barrage is just not a good skill for dealing with fast moving bosses that don't have a large hitbox. I can only suggest to kite them and spread them out and deal with them one by one, same with Syndicate encounters. Avoid situations where u get surrounded by multiple.

You should aim for around 5k life eventually; as of now lots of your gear pieces lack life that should be corrected with later upgrades, and as you mentioned your jewels too.

So back to your question. Yes upgrade jewels now using the trade links, get Poet's asap. Afterwards craft the helm, get new boots, and see if it's possible to get rid of the fire res on your shield. You can replace it with 5% double damage which is a pretty good dmg mod.

Edit2: Ok now i try again with my text (first time didnt save somehow)

Thx first off all for the (really fast) reply.

Ups with the jewels :D.... well at this time i didn't have money for dps+life jewels anyways so i guess it works out if i just upgrade them now.

Ok i will probably get one now soon.... But is there any way to determinate the real dps increase with Poet's Pen? Without curses it says i loose 55k dps....but ofc there is the curse but how do i calculate this?

Yeah well i am at 3,8k now and i guess thats kinda low :D. But do you mostly talk about the gear where is no life on (gloves/rings) or should i probably sooner or later (before self crafted wand for example) get higher rolls on all of my gear too?

And yeah that fire res is/was a filler to stay res capped.

Thx again

Ps. I just did Hydra (magic cause from zana) deathless and chimera (rare vaaled but easy mods) with some deaths (but i rly suck at chimera) with 3,8k life so thats kinda saying how good that build is since i still have hell a lot of room for improvement.

€dit again: Hopefully last one :D But you can probably drop enlighten for something else when running barrage with inspiration....
Atleast with Thief's torment its fine without it.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von rossko um 02.10.2019, 11:21:49
"
JackieM00N schrieb:
thank you for the replying the farrul was given to me by hence the use of it. ill change to loreweave, my jewels are working progress but i guess my build still is haha and ill try corect my gems quality.thank you

No problem if you have any further questions let me know; good thing you can sell the farrul's for some extra currency :)

"
Rossko schrieb:

Spoiler
Edit2: Ok now i try again with my text (first time didnt save somehow)

Thx first off all for the (really fast) reply.

Ups with the jewels :D.... well at this time i didn't have money for dps+life jewels anyways so i guess it works out if i just upgrade them now.

Ok i will probably get one now soon.... But is there any way to determinate the real dps increase with Poet's Pen? Without curses it says i loose 55k dps....but ofc there is the curse but how do i calculate this?

Yeah well i am at 3,8k now and i guess thats kinda low :D. But do you mostly talk about the gear where is no life on (gloves/rings) or should i probably sooner or later (before self crafted wand for example) get higher rolls on all of my gear too?

And yeah that fire res is/was a filler to stay res capped.

Thx again

Ps. I just did Hydra (magic cause from zana) deathless and chimera (rare vaaled but easy mods) with some deaths (but i rly suck at chimera) with 3,8k life so thats kinda saying how good that build is since i still have hell a lot of room for improvement.

Indeed, based on your POB it looks like you have around 1.5mil shaper dps atm. If you follow the Poet's setup POB you should have 4-5mil eventually, or the rare wand setup will get you up to 8mil+ peak dps if my instructions are followed correctly.

Well it's not just the curse, Poet's also gives Wave of Conviction which applies 25% cold penetration on all enemies all the time. The main thing here is that yes your current wand will be slightly better dps than Poet's if you manually apply Wave of Conviction in the boss fight every couple of seconds, but this isn't always possible, especially not in Uber Elder/certain hectic boss fights. Nor would you want to micromanage that. Certainly, during map clear you won't be using it. Poet's Pen is constantly proccing the curse + Wave of Conviction for 25% pen so you get it not just throughout the map but for every boss fight as well. Therefore Poet's will be nearly 50% better dps than your current wand in most situations unless you happen to self-cast Wave of Conviction every 5 seconds in every boss fight which is impossible. Plus, manually casting Wave of Conviction takes up time, which affects your true dps. This is not factored into the POB dps which is mostly theoretical.

It's unfortunate that poet's became popular the past week. I bought one for around 30c a week ago. :/

There is a checkbox on POB for applying Cold Exposure (25% pen) from Wave of Conviction under calculations section.

In the section titled "Order of Upgrade", I put the wand at the very bottom of the list, mainly because Poet's Pen gives around the same dps as a rare wand in many scenarios (all relevant info under Poet's Pen section). The other items in the setup are much more important to upgrade and also cheaper so you should prioritize everything else first before wand.

You need a much higher life pool than 3.8k or else you get stun locked way too often that will not only kill you, but also reduce your dps because being stunned means not attacking. You should upgrade the slots where you have no life first. Also I suggested reaching at least the low 90s with the build, with each level comes more flat life and also points for more life nodes. There is Revenge of the Hunted that gives a good amount of life, and additional jewel sockets will give life as well. Check the passive tree section. I provide a lot of detail on which nodes you can swap out/replace depending on your preferences. There you will find info on what to drop if you don't have enough passive points to take more life nodes etc. In my playtester's tree, he took Revenge of the Hunted just b/c he wanted more life for better bossing experience. You could follow his tree somewhat (SoapyBlast POB pastebin).

Set your goal for around 5k life. If you only upgrade your items missing life and gain a few levels/take some more life nodes, you can reach around 4.9k-5k life, and more if you take Revenge of the Hunted later on. I suggest that when you make upgrades later you should try to aim for 80+ flat life on all your gear (boots + helm mainly). But don't go out of your way to get a high life roll on the helm. Take what the rng gods give you when you essence craft it.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Enahkra um 02.10.2019, 11:33:22
hello made some changes to my build POB https://pastebin.com/Y6FVDRas.Im a little scared tto change my wand at moment and still need diffent abyss jewels and levels already 2 mill diffence, unsure wheather not to drop the wise oak because dont think is works with dying sun thoughts. thanks in advance
"
JackieM00N schrieb:
hello made some changes to my build POB https://pastebin.com/Y6FVDRas.Im a little scared tto change my wand at moment and still need diffent abyss jewels and levels already 2 mill diffence, unsure wheather not to drop the wise oak because dont think is works with dying sun thoughts. thanks in advance

Hello, I'm not OP but I took a look at your POB and here are my takes on it:

Your gear is really decent except for some slots:

Flasks: Without Dying Sun and Wise Oak, your fire res is 51% which could be a pain in the butt so I suggest you get fire res on your jewelries, as they are capable of getting resists if you have damage on gear, which you do. The final flask setup should be exactly what the guide said: TOH, Dying Sun, Quicksilver, Diamond and a life flask.

Jewel: Your Hollow Orbiter only offers blind on hit and small DPS increase, which is not very efficient as you can get a life + blind one and it'll be better than what you currently have. You don't have a +2 mana gain on jewel which is fine as your mana leech rate can sustain you. With Bubonic Trail, you should consider getting either a Hypnotic or Ghastly jewel in place of one of your Searching Eye, preferably Ancient Gaze. Lethal Pride Timeless jewel doesn't import in POB correctly so it'd be nice if you can tell us what it offers you and which node have extra stats.

This wander build is focused on bossing so your POB should reflect that situation as well so you wouldn't have Onslaught and full charges. You have +1 min Power and +2 min Frenzy but you take +1 max Power and +1 max Frenzy on the tree, which is questionable since you DON'T have a way to generate both of those types of charges in boss fight. Your real POB puts you at around 2.7 mil Shaper DPS, which is meh since you can have more than that as a Pathfinder.

You don't take Acrobatic, might be because you think Lethal Pride will convert it but it will not so you should take Acro for another defense layer. Remove Elder Power node if you don't focus on mapping, get to lvl 92 and get all the 2-point jewel slot, Revenge of the Hunted for more HP.

Because you import your build into POB TWICE, your gear and items will overlap, which was really confusing for me to figure out so I suggest you import your build into a fresh POB and then export it, remember to create a custom item and then give it what Lethal Pride gives you.

There are two KB setups which have either chain or pierce in it because POB overlap, I'm going to assume that you have chain because it has quality. If you do use chain, change it to pierce because pierce is generally better for KB as it gives more explosion which can overlap.

Get "added cold damage if hit recently" enchant on your boots, big DPS upgrade. If you have any more questions about gearing and skill tree, please take a look at the guide for more details.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von oMySunshine um 04.10.2019, 02:37:14
So I have been attempting uElder and honestly, while Raider is fun for both mapping and bossing, nothing beats PF's flask sustain and I'm pretty sure most people know this by now. I've came down to only 2 deaths per kill, most of which were because I ran out of life flask charges.

Still, it was very fun to kill endgame bosses with some challenges. Totally recommend newer player to try to aim for Uber Elder, the thrill is real and the ceiling to succeed it is fairly now.

What I'm concerned about is how bad my damage is. 2.4 mil Shaper with fairly budget gear when PF can achieve more while keeping the same amount of life, I guess Raider is just inferior after all, or maybe because I invest too much in defense.

Gonna try Assasin and Berserker next league or some league after this. Zerker is 3.6 mil DPS with 5k7 life so I think it's viable but idk, I'm just bad at everything if it's not PF. Maybe Ascendant with Jugg/PF since damage is not an issue, survivability is, and the extra points help too.

https://pastebin.com/G3NTV49X

EDIT: idk if I had the wrong impression of our barrage DPS but most phys wander on poe.ninja also has around 2.5 mil Shaper DPS, weird, I thought we can get so much more?

Spoiler

Hey Enahkra, can you look deeper into crafting elder gloves? Maybe not for min-maxing but just small upgrade over rare gloves, like these!

Not sure if they're worth multimodding but the Gripped one gives me better boom boom damage while Shagreen is better for both KB and Barrage, but it's a negligible upgrade tho. I don't think it's worth as it is a 3-ex investment so I should get the best gloves anyways.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von oMySunshine um 04.10.2019, 12:55:31
"
JackieM00N schrieb:
Spoiler

Your flask setup needs some work also. Chemist's prefix should be on the diamond flask, staunching should be moved to the life flask. Curing is a wasted mod because you can get poison immunity through pantheon. Adrenaline should be on the quicksilver etc.

As for your setup, I mentioned several times in the guide not to get resists on your amulet. Since you chose to get resists on your amulet, you lost a good amount of damage from +1 frenzy. I had a section explicitly addressing what types of rings you should get should you choose to use bubonic trails, namely 2x rings with resist implicits. Since you chose to go with a diamond base, this made a resist mandatory in the amulet slot, which led overall to lower damage. Any deviations from the guide's setup tends to lead to lower dps ceiling which is why I emphasized to follow the gearing instructions closely.

Your helm was multimodded instead of essence crafted. This meant you lost at least 40-50% res on your helm. That res could have enabled you to craft double damage on your shield, etc.

Anyway point I'm trying to get across is that since you made these improvisations to the setup, you will have a lower damage ceiling. These things add up, and overall your dps ceiling might be reduced by ~1-2mil. But this is fine, considering you should still eventually end up with 5m+ dps enough for all content.

"
oMySunshine schrieb:
Spoiler
So I have been attempting uElder and honestly, while Raider is fun for both mapping and bossing, nothing beats PF's flask sustain and I'm pretty sure most people know this by now. I've came down to only 2 deaths per kill, most of which were because I ran out of life flask charges.

Still, it was very fun to kill endgame bosses with some challenges. Totally recommend newer player to try to aim for Uber Elder, the thrill is real and the ceiling to succeed it is fairly now.

What I'm concerned about is how bad my damage is. 2.4 mil Shaper with fairly budget gear when PF can achieve more while keeping the same amount of life, I guess Raider is just inferior after all, or maybe because I invest too much in defense.

Gonna try Assasin and Berserker next league or some league after this. Zerker is 3.6 mil DPS with 5k7 life so I think it's viable but idk, I'm just bad at everything if it's not PF. Maybe Ascendant with Jugg/PF since damage is not an issue, survivability is, and the extra points help too.

https://pastebin.com/G3NTV49X

EDIT: idk if I had the wrong impression of our barrage DPS but most phys wander on poe.ninja also has around 2.5 mil Shaper DPS, weird, I thought we can get so much more?

Spoiler

Hey Enahkra, can you look deeper into crafting elder gloves? Maybe not for min-maxing but just small upgrade over rare gloves, like these!

Not sure if they're worth multimodding but the Gripped one gives me better boom boom damage while Shagreen is better for both KB and Barrage, but it's a negligible upgrade tho. I don't think it's worth as it is a 3-ex investment so I should get the best gloves anyways.

The only upgrade that come with virtually no tradeoffs is the Supported by lvl 20 faster attacks mod. I probably would not multimod either of those since the damage increase would be negligible (relative to the elder pair on the guide), except you lose out on single target dps. On the first pair, you lose out on lvl 20 FA, higher attack speed, as well as a suffix that should have been for the hybrid crit + ele damage mod. The net gain would be very minimal. For the second pair, it lacks 18% proj damage implicit which already cancels out pretty much all the damage from the flat phys roll. Not to mention that with flat phys, you can't craft damage while leeching as well as a loss of the hybrid mod from the suffix (+50% multi is occupying that slot). The net gain would also be very minimal compared to the barrage damage you give up.

Overall it's up to you but I wouldn't multimod a KB pair of gloves unless it had both the FA mod and a high tier supported by crit multi/Chance to Bleed mod. Otherwise the multimod cost isn't worth it.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: