[3.23 Cold Conversion Blade Vortex Elementalist / Occultist (League Starter + League Finisher)

Do you keep your most up-to-date build links here, or do you have a discord server I can join? I followed your build last league and it was a blast. Learned so much about the game.
"
SassyStoic schrieb:
Do you keep your most up-to-date build links here, or do you have a discord server I can join? I followed your build last league and it was a blast. Learned so much about the game.

I keep an up-to-date league-starter guide POB here, and the discord is https://discord.gg/NYHAJHty2n where lots of people share their higher budget versions of the build.
League started with this pob and I'm blasting thru T16's currently and have 2 of the voidstones already.

Ele is great early with the golems carrying regen/phys mit/dmg, but they do fall off in early red maps.

I just switched to Occultist after getting void battery, the cluster gems, curse on hit ring and a nice 6 link. The aoe clear is AMAZING with Occ. I'm a little tankier as well since I've fit in Determ, Vaal MS and got some "phys taken as ele" crafts rolling.

The issue I have now is regen, I can't afford Anamalous BV yet, but it's going to suck to lose Vaal BV for the extra DPS and screen clear for Expeditions.

Overall I'd say 8/10 experience so far. Little squishy as times and have to do mechanics on boss fights, but EXTREMELY satisfying mapper, expedition runner, harvest runner, shit anytthing with lots of mobs to pop is extremely fun on this build.

Good shit OP.
"
T2Future schrieb:
League started with this pob and I'm blasting thru T16's currently and have 2 of the voidstones already.

Ele is great early with the golems carrying regen/phys mit/dmg, but they do fall off in early red maps.

I just switched to Occultist after getting void battery, the cluster gems, curse on hit ring and a nice 6 link. The aoe clear is AMAZING with Occ. I'm a little tankier as well since I've fit in Determ, Vaal MS and got some "phys taken as ele" crafts rolling.

The issue I have now is regen, I can't afford Anamalous BV yet, but it's going to suck to lose Vaal BV for the extra DPS and screen clear for Expeditions.

Overall I'd say 8/10 experience so far. Little squishy as times and have to do mechanics on boss fights, but EXTREMELY satisfying mapper, expedition runner, harvest runner, shit anytthing with lots of mobs to pop is extremely fun on this build.

Good shit OP.

Awesome! So glad it's working for you

Thankfully, anomalous vaal BV is fairly easy to come by, since you have a 50% chance of making one when you double-corrupt an anomalous gem in the temple. Don't worry if the quality goes below 20%, as we're already orders of magnitude overcapped in leech from even the tiniest percentage of lifesteal
yup, I picked up Anam. BV and invested about 10 Div into the build now (god bless Eater of Worlds Divine altar), and I am absolutely shredding T16 bosses and maps.

I still have room for improvements too, I started getting suppression pieces together, I still need a good Watcher's Eye, I need a way better chest piece, I need to craft some dank gloves with Cold conversion on them...and I'm not bored at all.

So glad you made this guide and I came across it. Cheers!
Thoughts on adding some phys to lightning conversion to get some trinity action going?
Downside is you can't scale into heatshiver if your dps is very high however I can't see a source of shock with the occultist transition.
"
loupseul schrieb:
Thoughts on adding some phys to lightning conversion to get some trinity action going?
Downside is you can't scale into heatshiver if your dps is very high however I can't see a source of shock with the occultist transition.

Trinity is great, but it's nearly impossible to get the same value while trying to balance your damage between two elements (unless of course you're using the stupidly powerful Heatshiver, which you are correct to point out could ruin the trinity as well by creating too much fire damage).

Not having a source of shock isn't the worst thing, as you may eventually want to move away of ailment effect scaling, especially if you replace your brittle ground boots with elevated ones.
"
Chronic_Painless schrieb:

Trinity is great, but it's nearly impossible to get the same value while trying to balance your damage between two elements (unless of course you're using the stupidly powerful Heatshiver, which you are correct to point out could ruin the trinity as well by creating too much fire damage).

Not having a source of shock isn't the worst thing, as you may eventually want to move away of ailment effect scaling, especially if you replace your brittle ground boots with elevated ones.

Good point about the ailment effect scaling and boots, I haven't thought that far ahead.

The reason for my post is that I've crafted some gloves that didn't go my way; unveiled craft went phys to lightning instead of cold and have no more currency for meta crafting currently.
I was thinking of using it with 40% phys cold mastery conversion with Trinity, however it may not be as effective as 100% cold with Heatshiver as you don't gain fire damage based on non-cold damage.
I don't want to abandon the gloves as they have the temple mod damage vs chilled enemies and spell suppression (I'm currently lacking in tankiness as I switched to occultist too early in regards to level and gear). I guess I will try to get more divines before re-crafting.
In hindsight I should play around with POB more, I love the idea of trinity in this build with the above approach however my gut instinct along with your comment suggests it's probably best to use Heatshiver to proc Trinity (I don't think you can do TOO much fire damage as Heatshiver adds fire based on cold only) and focusing on cold scaling as all the ascendencies/heart of ice will most likely perform better than converting to 50:50 lightning and cold.

Regarding shock I'm thinking about replacing Mark of Submission with Profane Proxy to stay gain the shock aspect whilst maintaining the potency of Frostbite however the mana reservation can be costly I imagine.
"
loupseul schrieb:
"
Chronic_Painless schrieb:

Good point about the ailment effect scaling and boots, I haven't thought that far ahead.

The reason for my post is that I've crafted some gloves that didn't go my way; unveiled craft went phys to lightning instead of cold and have no more currency for meta crafting currently.
I was thinking of using it with 40% phys cold mastery conversion with Trinity, however it may not be as effective as 100% cold with Heatshiver as you don't gain fire damage based on non-cold damage.
I don't want to abandon the gloves as they have the temple mod damage vs chilled enemies and spell suppression (I'm currently lacking in tankiness as I switched to occultist too early in regards to level and gear). I guess I will try to get more divines before re-crafting.
In hindsight I should play around with POB more, I love the idea of trinity in this build with the above approach however my gut instinct along with your comment suggests it's probably best to use Heatshiver to proc Trinity (I don't think you can do TOO much fire damage as Heatshiver adds fire based on cold only) and focusing on cold scaling as all the ascendencies/heart of ice will most likely perform better than converting to 50:50 lightning and cold.

Regarding shock I'm thinking about replacing Mark of Submission with Profane Proxy to stay gain the shock aspect whilst maintaining the potency of Frostbite however the mana reservation can be costly I imagine.

You might want to consider going with less than 100% conversion, the only reason to really care about 100 vs. 95 or even 90 is doing physical reflect maps, the damage bonus is not always worth the cost compared to other options.
Hi Chronic, a few questions:

1. I would like to play this and go straight to Occu, is it possible? I am not a big fan of having to respec from ele to occu

2. do you have a version with 100 spell suppress?

3. related to question 2 - is it worth having 100 spell suppress?

4. Do i have to get 100% chance to freeze? If I crit with my BV, i will freeze the enemy, correct?

Thank you

Zuletzt bearbeitet von 5ecured um 30.08.2023, 08:34:47

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: