[3.23 Cold Conversion Blade Vortex Elementalist / Occultist (League Starter + League Finisher)

I see alot of the really geared bois using sac garb with additional curse..any reason to go for that over explode sac garb? what is our additional curse in this case?

Also, im trying to cobble this build together in standard really based around my HH, if anyone wants to critique my stuff feel free, char is VillainisChillin
"
ThuperAwethome schrieb:
I see alot of the really geared bois using sac garb with additional curse..any reason to go for that over explode sac garb? what is our additional curse in this case?

Also, im trying to cobble this build together in standard really based around my HH, if anyone wants to critique my stuff feel free, char is VillainisChillin

The main reason to go for a third curse would be to maximize single target/boss damage. With the changes to how well curses work on bosses, having elemental weakness on top of frostbite and assassin's mark has become much more desirable for those purposes.
Just did a league start prep, bought 1 item (gloves for 2c) and got some lucky +1 phys wand drops from act 1 and my current one in act 7. Absolutely obliterated the act bosses and was a very smooth leveling experience. I would definently say my gear was better than average for leveling. Overall with 3 labs act 10 my final play time was about 9 hours (my average league start number) and that was with a sanctum clearing halfway through floor 4.

What an excellent guide and youtube videos were very informative. Early on the build is somewhat squishy (expected) but tbh its really safe with the freeze defense. With 0 gear upgrades from act 9 onwards I'm safely blasting yellow maps and have a PoB dps of like 250k.

Cant wait to step back to trade for this league and really maxing out the potential of this build!

Small notes for leveling

- will probably need to get the +30 dex nodes, tough to have enough dex to level BV
- I would highly recommend using lightning, stone golem (chaos or flame depending on sockets available) when you get the second ascendancy. Attack and cast speed make the build feel way less clunky early on with shield charge.
- I would pick the reservation mastery to increase dmg based on how many active heralds you have instead of 10% aura effect on you. from my pob it was like 1.4% vs 5.6% damage
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Bluemouse2 um 30.03.2023, 09:02:27
any thoughts on the patch notes?
Full video will be posted soon, but overall I think it's a mixed bag with some nerfs and some buffs that basically just mean we want to get some of the things we need from different places than before, so the build may look a little different but shouldn't feel very different in the end.
Looking forward to updated guide. Going to try this in Crucible.
Me too. I’m torn between this and cold dot elementalist. I think either will be very good for the mechanic with this scaling higher and cold dot getting off the ground a little earlier.
Hey,
This build looks fantsastic and the guide is awesome, very detailed. I realy want to try it for 3.21 league.

But i have a question: how is the self sustain when switching to occulist? Pob tells me we have 0 leech and 0 regen. How does this build stay alive? Only with freezes and health potions?

Don't get me wrong i love the idea of the build, but this is the last thing i am curious about.

Would love to get some feedback here.
"
Mettriegel schrieb:
Hey,
This build looks fantsastic and the guide is awesome, very detailed. I realy want to try it for 3.21 league.

But i have a question: how is the self sustain when switching to occulist? Pob tells me we have 0 leech and 0 regen. How does this build stay alive? Only with freezes and health potions?

Don't get me wrong i love the idea of the build, but this is the last thing i am curious about.

Would love to get some feedback here.

The Occultist should definitely have life steal, I think I may have swapped the gem quality type on the 10-15 div budget by mistake as it was meant to be anomalous for the occy. You're right we're missing it in that export, I'll fix it now, though thankfully the write-up emphasizes the need for lifesteal heavily, and gives several sources as options.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Chronic_Painless um 07.04.2023, 09:57:59
Ah nice. I was a bit confused i most confess. I will league start this now. I normaly play marauder or duellist, so it is a total new experience.

Have a good start and thanks for the update. 😀

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: