[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

"
BammLee schrieb:

Haha thats exactly how i felt after buying my dying sun. I was hesitant recommending it since it is quite expensive and technically everything can be done without. But i definitely know now what i will save for after 6-link next league. It makes playing explosive arrow a lot more fun and comfortable

Now I'm just thinking about all the old builds I played since open beta.. that could take advantage of the dying sun hahah.

"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Zuletzt bearbeitet von monkuar um 08.01.2017, 15:31:17
Well dying sun is amazing, though because streamers repeatedly said you have to go elementalist or champion EA, you only go pathfinder because of dying sun, I figured that I'd make the case for the build without it.

If this was your league starter and not something you wanted to invest 600-800c (in hc) you can just go on 2 5links and do t15s comfortably. But I think most of you like me find that you really like this build, so you kinda want to pour more into it.

As far as reflect goes, I usually never fire 5 stacks to begin with on the build on general clearing. The problem we're seeing is that normally reflect rares are easy enough to kill, but breach rares are tankier and are generally surrounded by lots of mobs. I think -max with breach is a no go in HC just because the off chance of killing yourself, but on normal play you can be fine. I don't go out of my way to run -max though and once you get rolling on the atlas there isn't a need to do it if you get a good map pool going. Reflect is the reason why I don't get rid of the gmp set up with dying sun, I don't like firing lots of my single target arrows on reflect mobs.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von dingis um 08.01.2017, 17:02:41
Just killed my first Shaper. Took 5 pop sets over this league but I finally got the DPS to handle the adds and am comfortable with watching the cold spheres while dodging other crap.

Also deleted Chayula deathless recently on my second attempt. Back on my first one I just didn't have the DPS and timed out half way.

Thanks for the amazing build! Will try to push for 100 the rest of this league and I'll definitely be playing it again in the next one. Maybe I'll do a witch or duelist variant next time for a change.
"
dingis schrieb:
Well dying sun is amazing, though because streamers repeatedly said you have to go elementalist or champion EA, you only go pathfinder because of dying sun, I figured that I'd make the case for the build without it.

If this was your league starter and not something you wanted to invest 600-800c (in hc) you can just go on 2 5links and do t15s comfortably. But I think most of you like me find that you really like this build, so you kinda want to pour more into it.

As far as reflect goes, I usually never fire 5 stacks to begin with on the build on general clearing. The problem we're seeing is that normally reflect rares are easy enough to kill, but breach rares are tankier and are generally surrounded by lots of mobs. I think -max with breach is a no go in HC just because the off chance of killing yourself, but on normal play you can be fine. I don't go out of my way to run -max though and once you get rolling on the atlas there isn't a need to do it if you get a good map pool going. Reflect is the reason why I don't get rid of the gmp set up with dying sun, I don't like firing lots of my single target arrows on reflect mobs.

Yeah breach rares are the only issue i ran into playing this build. Nearly cost me my first chayula run cause i skipped them to make sure i dont die.
I have never been a fan of Elementalist tbh. Dont really like proliferation. But for HC its a different story, with the reflect protection and proliferation being another safety net against reflect.

On a sidenote, how important is Empower 4? After getting a dying sun i have been alternating between slower proj/GMP a lot. Slower proj should beat Empower 4 on ignite able bosses due to double dipping, and for map clearing GMP does feel pretty strong. I am not sure if i should save up for an empower 4 or not at this point. And i would rather not remove the other gems for Empower 4(Chance to ignite, aoe/conc, Less duration, fire pen). Is there any point in getting an Empower 4?
I've seen that the build he's using with his HC Breach char is "different" than the one in the main post, with his breach build he has 9 jewels instead of the 5 in the main page build and also a lot of different points allocated , so what is the build we should follow? o.O
"
BloodRaziel schrieb:
I've seen that the build he's using with his HC Breach char is "different" than the one in the main post, with his breach build he has 9 jewels instead of the 5 in the main page build and also a lot of different points allocated , so what is the build we should follow? o.O

The one in the leveling tree is the basic tree to get to 85ish. I normally plan my build to 90, but right now I'm 95 in BHC.

The tree can change depending on access to gear though, I was trying to get good chaos res and stay above ele weakness res because of breaches. I also needed dex and so I opted out of heart of flame. Kinda wish I picked more life though. I took fire walker because of fire res. I've been lazy about my gearing so there are some improvements I can make on it though. follow the leveling tree until you can get your high end gear and want to push the character to its limits, This is just the basics to get you to endgame. then if you want damage get more damage, if you want life get more life. really see what feels comfortable for you.
Is there a different setup you would run if for standard or softcore?
"
yongsoo schrieb:
Is there a different setup you would run if for standard or softcore?

Eh probably not a huge amount, just wouldn't go for any life nodes out of the way. maybe path through the ranger projectile damage and skip the life, get all damage jewels instead of life jewels etc. Several people made different variations on SC and posted it in this topic, I haven't played SC since before invasion and even then I wasn't any good at the game so I don't really know what high level SC play is like. I'd probably just take more risks if I were playing SC.

increased Burning damage any good for EA? thinking to take 15% increased burning damage node instead of 8% increased elemental damage.

@lvl 90. i have to upgrade gear now ;) last night lucky to 6L my bow with 85 fusings and the other one bought for 240 chaos BSC. Build pretty solid. tyvm

Life: 7557 with one jewel having 5% life and remain all dmg coz BSC :p

Gear
Spoiler
Zuletzt bearbeitet von MusicalMind um 10.01.2017, 02:34:49
what will be better to buy first: 6-link bow or dying sun?

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: