[3.23] CoC Vortex of Projection Build | Occultist | Affliction | Path of Exile 3.23

This is a definition of a min/max build.

Having a lot of fun with it once I played around with jewels.

Some cost saving / life saving tips -- you can get attack speed on jewels and get higher ES on gloves for cheaper than getting high es with as on gloves.

You will feel extra squishy till you hit 6kES, at 6k you can take some of the bigger hits (not the really big hits) -- and if you have enough damage (8mil+ with 1 vortex) you will not have much issues with most map mobs.

I juice with wisps/sextants/scarabs on t16s and don't have much issue, but I had to play around with the gear a lot.

100% crit on cyclone is a must to get equal trigger rate on vortex of Projection. Once you get the bigger thresholds you will overlap vortex's all over the place making mapping and bossing really easy, the more you overlap the more damage/explosions and more chill effects you get off.

Enlighten 3 helps maintain mana, but with a couple +# to Maximum Mana it is not needed if you have the flask enchant
I added in two massive upgrades yesterday.

I picked up a +2 to duration gems corruption for chest, which increases Vortex DPS a lot

I added in Heart of Destruction Forbidden Jewels. This is fabulous. Huge AOE improvements for cyclone and vortex and a nice temp DPS boost against bosses.

I have changed farming strats away from Deli mirrors, to The Formed invitation farming. It is going well as the build can insta delete the bosses when rushing, and then does very well in the 70% quant Formed invitation.

Maven Writs are running at 2.6D in bulk as of yesterday.
My peak single target damage is now just a tiny bit shy of 12m.

The strange thing is that this feels like so MUCH MORE dps when playing.

The guardians that don't have phases, all die in maps in far less than 1 second.

I have played builds with much higher DPS where similar fights see bosses die slower.

Is there some shot gun type effect happening that POB does not understand how to quantify?
Zuletzt bearbeitet von AndyLovesHisBge um 31.12.2023, 12:11:30
"
AndyLovesHisBge schrieb:

The guardians that don't have phases, all die in maps in far less than 1 second.

I have played builds with much higher DPS where similar fights see bosses die slower.

Is there some shot gun type effect happening that POB does not understand how to quantify?

POB will do 12mil for a single COC. So 1 Vortex with triggered frostbolts. But you will stack a lot of vortex's if you have the 52% reduced cooldown and 10.09 rate. I look at it on an average of 6 overlapping vortexes on a boss, which is why the damage is much higher in actual than POB shows.
"
Baugoti schrieb:
"
AndyLovesHisBge schrieb:

POB will do 12mil for a single COC. So 1 Vortex with triggered frostbolts. But you will stack a lot of vortex's if you have the 52% reduced cooldown and 10.09 rate. I look at it on an average of 6 overlapping vortexes on a boss, which is why the damage is much higher in actual than POB shows.

OK thank you, that makes sense.
does this build cost roughly the same as the ice nova version? they look almost identical. also does this have more damage?
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Lyutsifer665 um 31.12.2023, 16:59:25
"
Lyutsifer665 schrieb:
does this build cost roughly the same as the ice nova version? they look almost identical. also does this have more damage?

the builds are virtually identical, you can upgrade and scale them in very similar ways.

I have not played the Ice Nova build but I believe the build owner mentioned that this version has better damage.
I picked this up today. These mods fit the build nicely as I don't need any damage from Watchers Eye because I am using Heart of Destruction

Zuletzt bearbeitet von AndyLovesHisBge um 31.12.2023, 19:31:57
"
AndyLovesHisBge schrieb:

Similar to the issue with applying blind the linked POB is not configured correctly. It does not take the unique behaviour of Vortex of Projection into account: "Can explode from up to 5 Frostbolt Projectiles". Your Cospri triggers Frostbolt with GMP resulting in five projectiles. Then your CoC triggers one Vortex of Projection which will detonate all five Frostbolts in a short sequence. That is also why you should notice Vortex explosions going off even after killing an enemy and no longer hitting anything. The sequence will continue to explode 5 times or until you run out of Frostbolts. Try selfcasting Frostbolt+GMP and Vortex in your hideout to see this.

You can adjust this in POB by simply increasing the count for vortex in the skills tab. Depending on your area of effect I assume 3-4 frostbolts will go off and hit a single target before flying out of range. Hence the damage is multiple times higher than what is shown in the original POB.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von flosterklau um 31.12.2023, 20:51:31
Based on a comment in another thread, I am experimenting with removing Power Charge on Crit support and replacing it with Increased Critical Damage.

After doing this, I have yet to not have max power charges through out an entire map and according to POB, Increased Crit damage is more DPS than Power Charge on Crit.

I will keep monitoring this as I farm.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: