[3.23 Cold Conversion Blade Vortex Elementalist / Occultist (League Starter + League Finisher)

After swapping over to Occultist and having the chill/freeze immune from Frigid Wake, should we be swapping our pantheon major god from Brine King to another?
"
QuietRiot schrieb:
After swapping over to Occultist and having the chill/freeze immune from Frigid Wake, should we be swapping our pantheon major god from Brine King to another?

Pantheons as an Occultist are always going to be contextual. If I'm doing delirium/simu, I stick with Brine King because of the danger of stunlock. For general mapping, Lunaris is best because of the movement speed and projectile avoidance. Then for bosses it's a toss-up between Solaris and Arakaali depending on how dangerous the boss' DOTs are.
Hey, I am sure someone had already asked, or I missed it somewhere, but what are your thoughts on the new blade vortex? Is it better or worse for this build at all?
"
SilentPete1 schrieb:
Hey, I am sure someone had already asked, or I missed it somewhere, but what are your thoughts on the new blade vortex? Is it better or worse for this build at all?

Now that it was finally added to POB I've been able to play around a little bit, and it's somewhat intriguing, but definitely not something you could just swap in for regular BV in this build. The AOE scaling on it is huge, but the teeny tiny base duration means if it's going to get that same cruise control feeling it'll take several times the amount of investment in duration.
Where can I find the discord with the 'next level' POBs? Outside of a few super min-max-y things like double hatred watchers, I've pretty much capped out where I can go with the help of the guide - but I need something to aim towards! Looking for some inspiration!

Awesome guide and even more awesome build, btw! <3
sorry i am new in this but, i see the name of the skill you are using in the occultist part named "Vaal blade vortex of the Scythe" instead of just "Vaal blade vortex" is that a different gem or something?, in that case should i use that one instead?
Zuletzt bearbeitet von kestrada97a um 21.12.2023, 11:06:03
"
kestrada97a schrieb:
sorry i am new in this but, i see the name of the skill you are using in the occultist part named "Vaal blade vortex of the Scythe" instead of just "Vaal blade vortex" is that a different gem or something?, in that case should i use that one instead?

I think the latest POB update messed something up with the export, I'll fix it. It's not supposed to be the scythe version
Hey Chronic, was in lurk earlier, congrats to your mirror find.
Now my build related question. Do u think Grace is a good substitute for Determination? I always felt bad with Determ and have lots of gear with evasion.
Also my POB says i have a lot more damage than your guide at this stage. Can u look at it and give me feedback on my progression?

https://pobb.in/NU9Ioit7iYE0

Right now im grinding currency for the occu switch and man the grind for awakend unleash (cost me 11.5 Div) was horrible. ;-)
"
metalmichi schrieb:
Now my build related question. Do u think Grace is a good substitute for Determination? I always felt bad with Determ and have lots of gear with evasion.
Also my POB says i have a lot more damage than your guide at this stage. Can u look at it and give me feedback on my progression?

Right now im grinding currency for the occu switch and man the grind for awakend unleash (cost me 11.5 Div) was horrible. ;-)

There's definitely nothing wrong with Grace over Determination. I'm personally biased towards consistency, but evasion is undeniably a strong defensive layer. Same story with block. I'm curious how tempest shield feels in your loadout.

Progression looks very solid, doesn't surprise me that it's outpacing the guide as the gear in the guide is barebones. Consider lightning golem over chaos though, it'll make your shield charge feel significantly faster, and the additional physical damage from chaos reduction probably won't be noticeable without more armour as a baseline. There's a huge difference between going from 0% -> 20% vs. going from 70% to 90%. The former is a ~20% increase in eHP vs. physical damage, the latter is a ~200% increase.

"
Chronic_Painless schrieb:
"
metalmichi schrieb:

There's definitely nothing wrong with Grace over Determination. I'm personally biased towards consistency, but evasion is undeniably a strong defensive layer. Same story with block. I'm curious how tempest shield feels in your loadout.

Progression looks very solid, doesn't surprise me that it's outpacing the guide as the gear in the guide is barebones. Consider lightning golem over chaos though, it'll make your shield charge feel significantly faster, and the additional physical damage from chaos reduction probably won't be noticeable without more armour as a baseline. There's a huge difference between going from 0% -> 20% vs. going from 70% to 90%. The former is a ~20% increase in eHP vs. physical damage, the latter is a ~200% increase.

Yea Grace felt always better to me when playing as a Witch and there is also the consideration grabbing a Watchers with spell suppress with Grace later.
Tbh Tempest Shield i only took for Shock immunity, idk if the 25% spell block r really noticeable. Maybe with some further investment in block later, but i guess it his hard to fit in regarding reservation.
Ty for the tip with lightning golem, i will try it later.
Sadly im dying to often at the moment and am really stuck in leveling progression. I guess im trying to hard to get currency. Some Essences and Expedition r really tricky...

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: