[3.6] Purifying Flame Chieftain | 5mil+ DPS and 7.5k+ Life | All content viable

New staff:
Paid 20c for it and fused it in 314 fusings.

"
Wiizper schrieb:
New staff:
Paid 20c for it and fused it in 314 fusings.

Pretty sweet for the price paid!

"
MrGreaterGood schrieb:
What are your thoughts on going with the more 'crit' oriented tree that has been seen on previous Inquisitor builds?

I was looking at some stuff in PoB and it seems like you can get the majority of the crit/Avatar of Fire damage with even more overall life thanks to the early % nodes that Marauder gets.

Since this build already has huge DPS with a priority on cast speed, I was wondering if it's even worth it to try and make a hybrid of the two? I had been working on a Staff Inquisitor version for a bit before this came out but the overall health of this is more appealing.

You can convert this build into a crit one quite easily; I opted for ele overload cause it saves us like 6-7 points on the tree that feeds into life and other utility nodes. I think top end damage wise crit has higher potential though.

"
Wiizper schrieb:
Respecced into this, trash clear is good, but my damage is low.
Tried doing shaped underground river T14 but the boss did too much damage to me so i died before killing him, one hit of my purifying flame did maybe 5% of his health.
Any tips?
Health is also low, im on 5910.
But im also level 81 and missing the scion wheel cluster, and gear doesn't have great life rolls so that explains that.
Any tips for more damage?

Gear:

Spoiler

Staff is definitely your biggest point of upgrade. Depending on what kind of staff we got, it can be anywhere from a 50-90% more damage upgrade. I'd try to hunt for a better staff or try to craft one of your own, look to my staff or the staff section for pointers.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Anbokr um 06.04.2019, 14:11:59

I've upgraded my staff for 3 ex yesterday, still not perfect (multi mod incoming) but far better that what I had before, I will retry shaper with it :)
"
Zarkaos schrieb:

I've upgraded my staff for 3 ex yesterday, still not perfect (multi mod incoming) but far better that what I had before, I will retry shaper with it :)

That's a useless craft btw, it only applies to attacks, not spells.
Started this build the other day as I got a fire res + 100% buff effect ring and figured why not, and I must say this build is so much fun! My first Marauder build that wasn't a RF Jugg, I wanted to find a way to use purifying flame and stumbled across this guide.

I'm almost at level 70 so I can equip the last 3 pieces of the build (gloves, helm, kaom's. Otherwise I'm lacking in lightning res), but on the subject of gearing, would you recommend cast speed over other mods for amulet? I have a phys as fire + global phys + aoe eff/dmg from my Divine Ire trickster, but it's lacking cast speed.

Hey and thanks for the build.

Wanted to give me 2 cents on the build after killing Uber Elder on it.

I personally had a bit of a period around end of act 10 and early maps where my character was absurdly weak, having 4-5k health does not make a character tanky and that goes for the rest of the game as well.

I ended up having around 8.1k life, but i would not consider myself tanky at all, i've been oneshot multiple times since life is literally the only defense (cant regen oneshots LUL)... Therefore i also personally find immortal call almost mandatory for bosses in order to get in there and actually start to damage / regen / leech before getting insta-gibbed.

Anyway, the character is insanely fun once you get some cast speed (spell echo is pretty awkward with low cast speed) and the aoe is insanely fun as well. I would say this is a pretty good mapper, because when you're not getting smashed to death in one hit, the sustain is amazing and the aoe is so satisfying.

Overall the damage was pretty damn good. Uber Elder felt pretty easy a part from me playing the worst i ever have on that fight and since we only have life as defense, i would recommend maybe a dream fragment to replace a herald of ash ring, since we can get hit so hard we get frozen.

I personally wouldn't recommend trying to craft a staff yourself, maybe i was just unlucky, but in 4000 alterations the best i ever hit is what i'm using now (hit arcane surge + fire damage to spells). Never saw two of the mods mentioned in the staff crafting section.

So to sum up, great damage, feels insanely fun to play with end game gear and lots of cast speed, personally would not consider this tanky, but whenever i could face tank, it felt pretty damn good. Delving at around depth 250 was pretty sketchy, since i would regularly get chunked for 7k+ hits (mods were a bit rough) and since there is basically zero defense besides life, getting caught off guard in darkness is extremely sketchy (unlike for example my divine ire trickster, which i consider much more tanky than this).

Overall really enjoyed it and was fun playing something a bit off meta with the chieftain (never played chieftain before).

Thanks!

How I can craft this staff I spend 5 ex but I can't craft :/
Personally tried crafting a staff with over 4000 alterations (and some 30 fossils) without ever hitting a combo of the "best" mods, so i recommend either buying it already crafted or aim for something "okay", you don't need the perfect staff to reach more than enough dps.
"
Zyke92 schrieb:
Personally tried crafting a staff with over 4000 alterations (and some 30 fossils) without ever hitting a combo of the "best" mods, so i recommend either buying it already crafted or aim for something "okay", you don't need the perfect staff to reach more than enough dps.

Yes, one thing I should have noted about staff crafting is this is one of those scenarios where you want to sell off any decent staff you make as you're crafting towards your fire staff.

By nature of crafting staves we're going to run into other mods like power charge on critical, +2 to lightning gems, +2 to cold gems, etc.. etc... valuable mods for other builds. So if you accidently make a nice crit, lightning, or cold staff -- just toss it up for a couple ex and use a diff base.

To anyone that doesn't have the currency or wants to gamble on blowing a ton of alts for a staff, like I said in the OP I highly recommend just searching for a staff and crafting on a rare or finding a good one and doing some combo of annuling or prefix/suffix lock scouring to make it good. Not to mention fossil crafting with scorched + aetheric will probably net you something good in 5-10 fossils.

"
Zyke92 schrieb:
Hey and thanks for the build.

Wanted to give me 2 cents on the build after killing Uber Elder on it.

I personally had a bit of a period around end of act 10 and early maps where my character was absurdly weak, having 4-5k health does not make a character tanky and that goes for the rest of the game as well.

I ended up having around 8.1k life, but i would not consider myself tanky at all, i've been oneshot multiple times since life is literally the only defense (cant regen oneshots LUL)... Therefore i also personally find immortal call almost mandatory for bosses in order to get in there and actually start to damage / regen / leech before getting insta-gibbed.

Anyway, the character is insanely fun once you get some cast speed (spell echo is pretty awkward with low cast speed) and the aoe is insanely fun as well. I would say this is a pretty good mapper, because when you're not getting smashed to death in one hit, the sustain is amazing and the aoe is so satisfying.

Overall the damage was pretty damn good. Uber Elder felt pretty easy a part from me playing the worst i ever have on that fight and since we only have life as defense, i would recommend maybe a dream fragment to replace a herald of ash ring, since we can get hit so hard we get frozen.

I personally wouldn't recommend trying to craft a staff yourself, maybe i was just unlucky, but in 4000 alterations the best i ever hit is what i'm using now (hit arcane surge + fire damage to spells). Never saw two of the mods mentioned in the staff crafting section.

So to sum up, great damage, feels insanely fun to play with end game gear and lots of cast speed, personally would not consider this tanky, but whenever i could face tank, it felt pretty damn good. Delving at around depth 250 was pretty sketchy, since i would regularly get chunked for 7k+ hits (mods were a bit rough) and since there is basically zero defense besides life, getting caught off guard in darkness is extremely sketchy (unlike for example my divine ire trickster, which i consider much more tanky than this).

Overall really enjoyed it and was fun playing something a bit off meta with the chieftain (never played chieftain before).

Thanks!

Hey man thanks for your thoughts and I'm glad you were able to kill uber elder on it. I had to remind people that messaged me that fight is still highly dependent on individual play, so I can't guarantee a kill lol. Need to do the mechanics and move, and yes, because we are not a kaom's roots build we are still susceptible to chill unfortunately.

The survivability sentiment is something many have echoed and while I personally felt fairly tanky -- I do understand why people are getting blown up. I feel like it's more elemental damage than physical considering we aren't just life as our tankiness -- we generally have 3 endurance charges up and we get the chieftain 10% of phys taken as fire, not to mention the mondo life regen + life leech amped by a life recovery belt. Add potential immortal call to that and our phys damage intake should be fairly mitigated between those 3 layers and 8k life, and potentially another phys to fire damage taken on helm craft.

I'm personally not sure how to shore up elemental survivability as a life build and chieftain we don't have too many options on the tree we work with and we can't simply use something like a loreweave for max resistances. If anyone has suggestions though, feel free to post them, otherwise perhaps I should edit the guide cons to note that we are very susceptible to elemental damage one shots.

The only thing off the top of my head is having a leap slam with fortify fitted in somewhere.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Anbokr um 11.04.2019, 15:32:56
Synthesized 3 Circle of Anguish, 2 of them got perfect herald mod combo. Then I used 4 Divine Orbs on them:

With such amount of lucky now I just must play this build :D Wish my goodluck!

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: