[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
MochaDragon schrieb:
Spoiler
Appreciate the feedback. However I'm a bit puzzled by your comments. Hours of research went into putting a leveling build together, fusing together recommendations from many different sources for gear and such, hardly the definition of "lazy."

And yes, it's "obvious" to me that the enemy health goes down faster with more hits when I looked at it, and the idea is congruent with nearly any play style in the game. More hits equals more damage. The whole notion of piercing, etc.

Since this is my second build of the league I had some currency to spend on twink leveling gear in all slots and I found Quill Rain to be the most enjoyable bow due to the aps. I tried a couple of other twink bows during leveling and they just felt too slow, I loved the rapid fire style game play of the 3aps bow.

And if no builds in the game can support 6L from the beginning why does the Tabula Rasa exist? Why is it so sought after for leveling?

Again, appreciate the feedback but quite puzzled at the tone of the reply to someone who had just offered thanks and politely asked a couple of related questions.

Cheers

This whole reply feels like a giant bait. Well, here we go.

No, you didn't have to spend hours researching when everything is inside levelling section. Twink gear is included. Gem links are not, since 4-link is enough to for campaign. You can use nearly any support gem you want above 4-link until maps (within common sense).

If the DoT from CA really stacked, you would not only see but FEEL the damage skyrocketing with more hits. That's the reason why Toxic Rain felt like it deals more damage, because TR's DoT actually stacks - which is an exception to DoT skills. Pierce is used to spread the CA inside monster pack, not to deal damage.

For many people enjoyable = effective. Quill Rain destroys the effectiveness. If you really wanted the attack speed, Storm Cloud offers ~2.0 AS without drawbacks.

I already said in my previous post, mana flask solves all mana issues you would get from using 6-link. Maybe additional mana cluster is necessary. In your case, your mana issues were caused by your playstyle, not because builds can't support 6-link.

"
zorker schrieb:
Spoiler
Btw how abount: Rain of Arrows - Withering Touch?

My Spell Totem cast rate is 4.04cps. My Spell Totem increased skill duration is 99%. 4.04cps * 3.98sec durattion * 3totems = 48 possible Wither stacks.

Can RoA be a contender?

21 arrows. But Withering Touch only has 25% chance to apply.

RoA - Arcane Surge - Increased Duration - Withering Touch?!
RoA - Withering Touch - ? - ?
RoA - Ranged Attack Totem

Sounds meh to me.

Btw...

I tried crafting elder boots yesterday. Spammed Essences, Fossils and 300 Chaos at them. Some mediocre outcomes, nothing really worth keeping since I wanted boots that have resistances too. Endurance charge on kill came up but not really that much.

I decided to go with capped chaos res and ele weakness cap for my character. Chaos resistance rolls take a couple of rolls on my gear that would have made gear choice way easier.

Currently I can replace my boots and still be resistance capped which is nice and gives room to play when not needing the ele weakness cap.

A couple Spell Totem rolls appeared on the boot rolls aswell. Faster Casting could be interesting if we hit sth good.

That being said. I am about to try my first Uber Elder in the next days. Kinda feeling prepared now for the challenge.

@Danka
Would you use Kaom's Root instead of Spell/Wither totem on Uber Elder? How do we counter his slow circle attack?

If not I thought about buying Atziri's Step for Uber Elder. The ele weakness capped res is not needed there or is it?

Each boss has 18,4m life. Each phase is 25% or 4,6m health per phase.
With 460k dps each phase lasts 10 seconds. That is 4 or 5 Caustic arrows per boss per phase.

Accoring PoB I could reach reach 700k shaper dps with 15 Wither stacks. That would end each phase in 3 arrows. But I really doubt in Wither totem. It will probably spread stacks. 380k without any wither stacks.

Not a single Withering Touch setup can even come close to Wither Totem. I already list a single setup for it, but i've been thinking about removing and leave it only as delve setup.

I never felt Kaom's Roots are necessary. Raider is fast, the slow is not as crippling as for other characters. You can easily run out of his degen and dodge Shaper's attacks. Against his slam (which happened to me only once during slow) i use self-cast Immortal Call.

Atziri's Step is good, but relying on RNG to survive in such fight isn't a good practice. Of course, it IS extra defence and can save your life.

Totem will target closest target until it can't target it anymore. In short, it will nearly always target Shaper/Elder. If the totem survives depends on placement. Once at full stacks, they will last for quite some time (~4 seconds) and drastically increase damage.

You're reading too much into the arrow thing. You shoot as long as you need to. Go on and kill him, it's mostly a mechanical fight.

"
xMustard schrieb:
for mana regen, people always overlook rallying cry. its a fantastic warcry which gives insane amounts of base mana regen

Let's be honest, nobody wants to spam another button on their keyboard. Just look at how much hate flasks are getting. Not like mana is a big issue.

"
Ruffus_01 schrieb:
Spoiler
Hi guys,

Wanted to say thanks again for this awesome guide, lvl 93 now and loving it.

But, being a returning player from a loong loong time ago, here are some noob questions:

For clarity, is it best to use normal or vaal?
And do you lvl it to max, or keep it at a specific lvl?

Thank you.

Vaal Clarity adds additional temporary aura. It's not necessary to have one. I leave my Clarity at level 10.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thanks Danka and thanks for reminding me not to overthink stuff (thx Mum!)

Will try to get level 94 and then give it a go.

Some videos for Uber Elder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d29NT6uxc0g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-qjsUT1Ecg

Shaper balls have 25% cold pen. Overcapping resists does not help with that.

I will replace my default boots with Atziri's Step for the fight.

PoB of my toon as of right now:
https://pastebin.com/E2bALzbs

All financed by Syndicate.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von zorker um 26.01.2019, 11:32:27
@DankawSL

thank you so much for crafting help with my bow , this is it now:

and wow caustic gem at lvl 28, I have now 316K DoT shown at my tooltip and over 1.110.000 DoT DPS in Path of building.

Havent expected that hugh increasment, to my other bow.

All mana issues were solved by just not clicking so often ..lol.. Its a different playstyle but all around me are dying with very few clicks, I run with 137 unreserved mana (2auras) and I am totally fine now

Thanks a lot for your time and effort DankawSL
"
DankawSL schrieb:
Let's be honest, nobody wants to spam another button on their keyboard. Just look at how much hate flasks are getting. Not like mana is a big issue.

pressing one button every 15 seconds or only when you need it is hardly spamming anything.
and it could be better to sacrifice 2 links in order to save a number of passives or whatever other mana solving method people may find more burdensome
"
TheBull100 schrieb:
@DankawSL

and wow caustic gem at lvl 28, I have now 316K DoT shown at my tooltip and over 1.110.000 DoT DPS in Path of building.

All mana issues were solved by just not clicking so often ..lol.. Its a different playstyle but all around me are dying with very few clicks, I run with 137 unreserved mana (2auras) and I am totally fine now

Just out of curiosity, what was the average cost to obtain that weapon ? I'm pretty lame when it comes to crafting and would love to know the cost and maybe aim towards attaining the required amount and perhaps someone could help ? :) Still building my way up but good to know an average cost to ugprade.
"
deelish schrieb:
"
TheBull100 schrieb:
@DankawSL

Just out of curiosity, what was the average cost to obtain that weapon ? I'm pretty lame when it comes to crafting and would love to know the cost and maybe aim towards attaining the required amount and perhaps someone could help ? :) Still building my way up but good to know an average cost to ugprade.

Cannot Roll Attack mods = 1ex
+1 Gem Ex Slam = 1ex
Multi Mod = 2ex
+2 Support Gems = 1ex
11-13% attack speed = 1ex (optional)

That's not including alt spam/annul and 6-Link.

Although the above bow wasn't made using this method, his was some really lucky alt+regal spam.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von ert2mars um 26.01.2019, 15:28:12
@ert2mars

well, I am a real lucky noob, I got my bow as a gift from my brother
who brought me to the game a few month before.
He made or bought it for me I dont know. Than our very helpfull DankawSL crafted the 2 support Gems to it (without even asking a fee...thanks again) so I just paid the 1 ex for that craft.
Now I wait for an oportunity to get the missing affixes done from Leo in research.

I guess such a bow to buy is between 12 to 15 ex
"
TheBull100 schrieb:
@ert2mars

I guess such a bow to buy is between 12 to 15 ex

The post above yours has the cost, that's after you have it six linked obviously. I just crafted below.

After my 9th or 10th mastermind without +2 to support gems i bought the shield veiled and got it, cost 60c. I think need ilevel 80+ to get +2 instead of +1

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Shankhook um 26.01.2019, 18:52:57
I'm fucking pumped right now!!!

Just did Uber Elder and won! First set with 3 portals left. It got messy a bit at the end. First part was pretty clean imo.

5 linked my chest and put Culling Strike instead of Portal into to link to Frenzy.

I want to thank DankawSL for this amazing guide. Made me build the strongest character I ever had and finally beat the game!

Now that I reflect the fight a bit more...I managed to put totems up in the first part but last part was all:

FRENZY -> MOVE -> CA TO WHATEVER SEEMS LIKE A TARGET -> RUN PARCOUR WHILE SCREAMING "PLEASE DON'T KILL ME"! :)

Good luck to everyone on the same journey!

Lots of grinding this weekend, but I was finally able to finish crafting a new bow. I regretted so much not waiting for +2 support gems on my first Elder bow. Bought the 6L base and crafted the rest. About 500 alts, got level 20 VP twice, used 2 imprints (one I had, one I bought) before regal because I was only going for level 20 VP. Fourth regal was suffix. Rest was just grinding for currency. Syndicate was one of the ways I was making money, happened to get level 3 Vorici in Research, 3W first try. 1ex of divines to get 16/6. Didn't expect that!

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Jymko um 27.01.2019, 12:21:07

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: