[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
zorker schrieb:
I think I finally hit the belt which I am going to keep.

Belt took really long time.

That brings crafting down to amulet, buying obscene rings and finally crafting god tier gloves with chaos multi.

belts are tough to roll, but at least you can do it with only aberrant and pristine.
as i said earlier for amulets your best bet is to use aberrant, pristine, and aetheric. or just aberrant and aetheric.

here are the belt/amulet i've been able to create.
at level 91 and trying to do end game stuffs, i find myself lacking in DPS.

any suggestion on how to scale my DPS? (205k tooltip DOT)
Spoiler
"
ert2mars schrieb:

Spoiler

Add in vaal blight + increased duration in wither totem setup.
Get probably the helm enchant.
Get better jewels. You can craft jewels with abberant fossil nowadays too. (PROBABLY best part)
Craft helm with abberant fossils for malus chaos res.
Craft rings with envy essences for chaos damage.
Get empower 4.
Get Vicious projectile on bow.
Play with Cherrubim's body.
Craft elder Chaos Mult' gloves.
Get quality on Despair*
Get better talisman : the roatfeather and the deadhand one are pretty good.
That's about it ....

Crafted a helm that I have no need for atm. You can buy it if you want.

*edit* Just crafted these gloves.

Bought a Farric Wolf Alpha and am now praying not to remove the chaos multi. :)

*edit*

:)

Can craft resist if needed...that being said. What about Aisling level 3 on Research. Gloves have 1 pre and 1 suffix open. Would be interesting to see what Veil can turn up.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von zorker um 25.01.2019, 18:31:36
"
DankawSL schrieb:
Almost no build can sustain 6-link skill right at the beginning without mana flask (which solves all mana problems). You were using Quill Rain during levelling, then you basically shot yourself in the foot due to laziness (40% less damage). Since you still have problems against enemies that require LEAST amount of mana, your problem is obvious:

Stop spamming CA. Only a single degen can deal damage, shooting more won't increase your DPS. Your job is to spread or reapply degen right before it expires. This should've been obvious to anyone who used the skill and looked up enemy's HP bar.

You need just a single mana regen mod (~40% or more) or -X mana cost of skills craft on ring to entirely solve potential problems with mana.

And yes, Quill Rain's 40% less damage applies to everything but minions (i think). You nearly cut CA's damage in half while Toxic Rain dealt more damage thanks to incredibly high attack speed.

Appreciate the feedback. However I'm a bit puzzled by your comments. Hours of research went into putting a leveling build together, fusing together recommendations from many different sources for gear and such, hardly the definition of "lazy."

And yes, it's "obvious" to me that the enemy health goes down faster with more hits when I looked at it, and the idea is congruent with nearly any play style in the game. More hits equals more damage. The whole notion of piercing, etc.

Since this is my second build of the league I had some currency to spend on twink leveling gear in all slots and I found Quill Rain to be the most enjoyable bow due to the aps. I tried a couple of other twink bows during leveling and they just felt too slow, I loved the rapid fire style game play of the 3aps bow.

And if no builds in the game can support 6L from the beginning why does the Tabula Rasa exist? Why is it so sought after for leveling?

Again, appreciate the feedback but quite puzzled at the tone of the reply to someone who had just offered thanks and politely asked a couple of related questions.

Cheers
"
charlots schrieb:
"
ert2mars schrieb:

Spoiler

Add in vaal blight + increased duration in wither totem setup.
Get probably the helm enchant.
Get better jewels. You can craft jewels with abberant fossil nowadays too. (PROBABLY best part)
Craft helm with abberant fossils for malus chaos res.
Craft rings with envy essences for chaos damage.
Get empower 4.
Get Vicious projectile on bow.
Play with Cherrubim's body.
Craft elder Chaos Mult' gloves.
Get quality on Despair*
Get better talisman : the roatfeather and the deadhand one are pretty good.
That's about it ....

Thanks for the suggestions.
crafted this, and it's 35% more DPS. (now 270k tooltip DoT)

But DPS is still not to my liking.
Next best upgrade probably is the minus chaos res from helm, but that would be a pain to get with the right enchant.
I might skip that and upgrade Amulet, Gloves, Empower and Jewel first.
for mana regen, people always overlook rallying cry. its a fantastic warcry which gives insane amounts of base mana regen
Btw how abount: Rain of Arrows - Withering Touch?

My Spell Totem cast rate is 4.04cps. My Spell Totem increased skill duration is 99%. 4.04cps * 3.98sec durattion * 3totems = 48 possible Wither stacks.

Can RoA be a contender?

21 arrows. But Withering Touch only has 25% chance to apply.

RoA - Arcane Surge - Increased Duration - Withering Touch?!
RoA - Withering Touch - ? - ?
RoA - Ranged Attack Totem

Sounds meh to me.

Btw...

I tried crafting elder boots yesterday. Spammed Essences, Fossils and 300 Chaos at them. Some mediocre outcomes, nothing really worth keeping since I wanted boots that have resistances too. Endurance charge on kill came up but not really that much.

I decided to go with capped chaos res and ele weakness cap for my character. Chaos resistance rolls take a couple of rolls on my gear that would have made gear choice way easier.

Currently I can replace my boots and still be resistance capped which is nice and gives room to play when not needing the ele weakness cap.

A couple Spell Totem rolls appeared on the boot rolls aswell. Faster Casting could be interesting if we hit sth good.

That being said. I am about to try my first Uber Elder in the next days. Kinda feeling prepared now for the challenge.

@Danka
Would you use Kaom's Root instead of Spell/Wither totem on Uber Elder? How do we counter his slow circle attack?

If not I thought about buying Atziri's Step for Uber Elder. The ele weakness capped res is not needed there or is it?

Each boss has 18,4m life. Each phase is 25% or 4,6m health per phase.
With 460k dps each phase lasts 10 seconds. That is 4 or 5 Caustic arrows per boss per phase.

Accoring PoB I could reach reach 700k shaper dps with 15 Wither stacks. That would end each phase in 3 arrows. But I really doubt in Wither totem. It will probably spread stacks. 380k without any wither stacks.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von zorker um 26.01.2019, 08:26:36
Hi guys,

Wanted to say thanks again for this awesome guide, lvl 93 now and loving it.

But, being a returning player from a loong loong time ago, here are some noob questions:

For clarity, is it best to use normal or vaal?
And do you lvl it to max, or keep it at a specific lvl?

Thank you.
@Ruffus
I have mine at 13 and have not vaaled it. We do not really have that big mana issues.

@xMustard
Not sure about Rallyinc Cry. With Druidic Rite and Primal Spirit I have enough mana reg for easy sustain and those nodes provide really desired buffs imo.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: