[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Toxic Rain scales with attack speed since pods can stack and yes it really good for leveling.

I only leveled with CA and it was painful. CA needs those +extra gem levels and some nodes on the tree to take off.

I run Syndicate with my CA char aswell. It is really easy and does not require many changes. Stibnite with Curse immune instead of Basalt (47k evasion under flasks), Queen of the Forest and Mirage Archer instead of Void Manipulation.

In the end CA matches Raider really well. It does damage while you run around. With Toxic Rain you need to stand still and keep firing.
"
zorker schrieb:
I run Syndicate with my CA char aswell. It is really easy and does not require many changes. Stibnite with Curse immune instead of Basalt (47k evasion under flasks), Queen of the Forest and Mirage Archer instead of Void Manipulation.

In the end CA matches Raider really well. It does damage while you run around. With Toxic Rain you need to stand still and keep firing.

Wow, thanks for the speedy reply.

Just curious, how do you get your evasion to 45k in order to make use of QotF?

Also, just tried an Atziri's Foible amulet with 130% mana regen, it works well. Do I really need this much mana regen for this build? Without it I was struggling, basically unplayable unless I had that Thief's Torment in there.

Cheers!
another noob question,
is this a sensefull frenzy/Curse on hit setup

or would different supportgem/skill setup make more sense?

Especially with the pierce/greater multiple I am not sure if I do that right, but I thought Frenzy attack is anyway only to trigger the curse and not to do significant damage so now this attack do 6 Arrows / 7 pierce
cursing anything arround, is that the correct sense of Frenzy use in this build?

I tried also to connect a second curse (Poacher's Mark instead of Faster Attack) hoping I can generate that way life/Mana/Flask Charge , but when I use it in that way the hitted enemies only get cursed with poacher's never with Despair anymore. Cant I trigger 2 curses with this one "curse on hit" gem?

Thanks
Eohlin

@Mocha
Just check my gear.

I tried crafting my helmet again and I hit the following.
I could even craft %physical damage taken as fire if I wanted to.

I can put Blink Arrow and Stone Golem into that. :)

I think I cannot roll over that. I am now way overcapped on cold res though which is good.

Will try gloves and belt again.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von zorker um 24.01.2019, 15:12:29
"
TheBull100 schrieb:
Spoiler
good morning together,
thanks for responding to my questions,
@ DankawSL
yes I would be happy to get a helping hand in crafting the bow

@NoPantsSundea
-----after you realize a 2c 20/20 CA will double/triple your damage-----

what does that mean? do you play a second gem set in a second bow and switch weapon? (lol hope that isnt an idiot question..)

Thanks

Eohlin

Just catch me in-game when you need the craft, i'm online quite often.

"
MochaDragon schrieb:
Spoiler
Thanks very much for a superbly detailed build guide. It's really a guide to the game in some respects, not just this build.

I decided to roll a ranger build after seeing Daykun's syndicate farming video. Most of the crazy movement speed builds say you can't level with them and to use something else to level first, so I came across this build and I'm glad I did.

The number one issue I have is mana. Without a Thief's Torment (+30 mana gained for each hit) I really struggle. I've been running a Quill Rain (3aps) bow until now and that exacerbated things (not to mention I've had 6L CA setup since the very beginning). I switched to a +3 1.35aps bow hoping that would help things and it sort of does, but not vs. high health enemies. With grace and a lvl 10 Clarity reserving so much mana there's barely any left (187 to be exact) to trouble things even further.

Should I try to get +mana on hit gear? (there's nothing like Thief tho, just 2-3 mana here and there) +mana regen gear?

One weird thing I noticed while leveling, and even recently (lvl73 now). My 2L Toxic Rain with the 3aps from Quill Rain seemed to do more overall damage than the 6L CA setup. Is that normal?

Cheers!

Almost no build can sustain 6-link skill right at the beginning without mana flask (which solves all mana problems). You were using Quill Rain during levelling, then you basically shot yourself in the foot due to laziness (40% less damage). Since you still have problems against enemies that require LEAST amount of mana, your problem is obvious:

Stop spamming CA. Only a single degen can deal damage, shooting more won't increase your DPS. Your job is to spread or reapply degen right before it expires. This should've been obvious to anyone who used the skill and looked up enemy's HP bar.

You need just a single mana regen mod (~40% or more) or -X mana cost of skills craft on ring to entirely solve potential problems with mana.

And yes, Quill Rain's 40% less damage applies to everything but minions (i think). You nearly cut CA's damage in half while Toxic Rain dealt more damage thanks to incredibly high attack speed.

"
zorker schrieb:
Spoiler
Toxic Rain scales with attack speed since pods can stack and yes it really good for leveling.

I only leveled with CA and it was painful. CA needs those +extra gem levels and some nodes on the tree to take off.

I dunno, i'm levelling quite fast with CA in SSF environment. It's not Arc/Storm Brand level or anything, but ~5-6 hours to blood acqueducts is entirely possible. I usually take a safe approach and focus on not dying so it's more 6-7 hours. Toxic Rain helps a bit, but i could do it without it.

Swift Affliction is the gem you should be swapping, never touch Void Manipulation, ever. The former has the awful drawback of 15% reduced duration which is not that important, but is quite visible especially if you're running Mirage Archer and/or have no additional duration just yet (helmet/passive tree).

"
TheBull100 schrieb:
Spoiler
another noob question,
is this a sensefull frenzy/Curse on hit setup

or would different supportgem/skill setup make more sense?

Especially with the pierce/greater multiple I am not sure if I do that right, but I thought Frenzy attack is anyway only to trigger the curse and not to do significant damage so now this attack do 6 Arrows / 7 pierce
cursing anything arround, is that the correct sense of Frenzy use in this build?

I tried also to connect a second curse (Poacher's Mark instead of Faster Attack) hoping I can generate that way life/Mana/Flask Charge , but when I use it in that way the hitted enemies only get cursed with poacher's never with Despair anymore. Cant I trigger 2 curses with this one "curse on hit" gem?

Thanks
Eohlin

I've listed 6-link CoH setup in gem section, there's no other decent 6-link option. You can only curse 1 enemy at a time by default. You can increase the max amount through very limited options. Pierce is pointless since build picks up +2 pierce from passive tree and +1 from quiver.

In short, the build only needs single 6-link and it's a bow. Body armour is not required.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
TheBull100 schrieb:

@NoPantsSundea
-----after you realize a 2c 20/20 CA will double/triple your damage-----

what does that mean? do you play a second gem set in a second bow and switch weapon? (lol hope that isnt an idiot question..)

Thanks

Eohlin

I meant early in the league, you could buy a 20/20 corrupted caustic arrow for 2c, as soon as you can use level 20 gem. Even though it might only be 17-18 to 20, it makes a HUGE difference. You can still get them for 3c. Level your own on your weapon swap for corrupting for 21/20.
@zorker,

I would like to try crafting myself also an enchanted 30% CA helmet with that "nearby enemies -9%" mod. Is there any enchanted base possible or do you recommend a certain base that I buy ?
After scoursed the base, what fossils or essenses do I use to try to get that roll?

Thanks

Eohlin
Lion Pelt would of course be best base. But they are super expensive. I would not use an elder or shaper base. It adds mods we don't really want.

Highest life roll starts at ilvl 64 but it limits other rolls. I picked sth with at least ilvl 84.

https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Helmet&an=dex_armour

Craft with Aberath and Pristine.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von zorker um 25.01.2019, 06:06:59
January 25th, 2019
Levelling Section:
* Passive tree for white maps now includes Druidic Route. It should solve majority of mana issues people have at those earlier levels.

Videos:
* Minor update of the header image
* Removed 3.1 - 3.3 build videos. You can still find them in the 3.4 patch archives. (Page 50)

Delve League:
* Section removed, for now. Might reappear later on after i solve 50k character limit issues.

Crafting Section:
* Fossil Crafting from Delve League has been moved to this section.
* Non-specific crafts still require an update, and will receive it eventually.

FAQ:
* Added "Q: I have problems sustaining mana, what can i do?"

===================

I've wanted to finally do the update today, starting with Delve League (since it's easier). Unfortunately i hit 50k character limit (again) in the middle of writing. Incredibly annoying, but 2 post limit keeps the guide succinct. I might move changelog tho, we'll see.

I've changed the recommended passive tree for white maps since so many people have mana issues. Druidic Route should solve everything. FAQ question is a safety measure.

Also i'm not sure if i mentioned before, but i've been torn if i should include the skill effect duration nodes by default and recommend 40% CA damage enchant. First of all, duration is not required until you start doing hard content. Current solution creates pressure to get the 30% duration enchant later on. The potential solution forces you to give up 76% damage at lvl 94 - that would create a lot of questions, despite the fact it would effectively increase damage in a lot of cases. It's been bugging me for a long time, i think i'll put my foot down and do it in 3.6 update. Time will tell.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
I think I finally hit the belt which I am going to keep.

Belt took really long time.

That brings crafting down to amulet, buying obscene rings and finally crafting god tier gloves with chaos multi.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: