[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

"
monkuar schrieb:
"

I'm playing softcore and only at tier 9 maps, but reflect is never an issue if you don't just blindly unload all of your dps. You see a reflect mob, don't stack 5 fuses on it and you'll be fine.

Except you know, the part where you stack 5 fuses and die instantly.

Stop trying to claim it's not an issue.

I never stack 5 on any mob, let alone a reflect rare. It is not something you should be in the habit of doing.

It is very easy to not die to reflect mobs.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Bobbitto um 10.03.2017, 23:21:02
"
monkuar schrieb:
"

I'm playing softcore and only at tier 9 maps, but reflect is never an issue if you don't just blindly unload all of your dps. You see a reflect mob, don't stack 5 fuses on it and you'll be fine.

There is no reason to stack to 5 though. most mobs in the game die to 2-3 stacks, the only ones you need to stack to 5 on are bosses and those you can predict their place. With 2-3 stacks of your gmp attack you won't die to reflect, and you'll take down a reflect rare relatively easily. the only time this is a problem is reflect ice breach rares and potentially a really tanky essence, everything else is managable.

I've played the build in the past 3 hc leagues, getting it to 94 95 and 97 last league. I have played EA a lot before ascendancy, I've never died to reflect on the build because I rarely ever have to stack to 5 on general mapping until the boss.

That said, dying sun comes with max fire res, wise oak has fire damage mitigation if you equalize your resistances, and you can take the 10% reflect reduction on the tree. still though, don't stack to 5 on a rare and you're generally going to be fine.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von dingis um 10.03.2017, 23:13:55
"
dingis schrieb:
"
monkuar schrieb:
"

There is no reason to stack to 5 though. most mobs in the game die to 2-3 stacks, the only ones you need to stack to 5 on are bosses and those you can predict their place. With 2-3 stacks of your gmp attack you won't die to reflect, and you'll take down a reflect rare relatively easily. the only time this is a problem is reflect ice breach rares and potentially a really tanky essence, everything else is managable.

I've played the build in the past 3 hc leagues, getting it to 94 95 and 97 last league. I have played EA a lot before ascendancy, I've never died to reflect on the build because I rarely ever have to stack to 5 on general mapping until the boss.

That said, dying sun comes with max fire res, wise oak has fire damage mitigation if you equalize your resistances, and you can take the 10% reflect reduction on the tree. still though, don't stack to 5 on a rare and you're generally going to be fine.

Yeah, there is no reason to stack to 5? Sorry, but I just throw my eplosive arrows into random packs while mapping. It's usually 3, 4, or 5 stacks just out of general clear. If it's a huge reflect pack it's game over.

The problem with people trying to defend this silly "reflect" nonsense (like TehMannie) is setting a bad precedence for this guide for newer players. You will have reflect issues. Stop trying to sugar coat the issue by moving the goalposts claiming it's because of "player error".

It is because of player error in the end, HOWEVER, it's also because of elemental reflect. I'm just sick and tired of hearing people defend reflect saying "oh it's no big deal". Uhm, yeah it is because even with dying sun up, and shooting into a rare pack (I played your build last league and go to 95 with it, was very fun), I still had issues and died occasionally.

People will stack more than 2 though because of map mods, tankier mobs, etc. So saying "most people won't stack to 5" isn't really the case. When you run those maps you'll eventually do a 5 stack on a rare pack and boom. Unless ofcourse, you play like ProjectPT and just stop for 20 seconds every other rare pack. No. This build is fast paced and not how it's really played
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Zuletzt bearbeitet von monkuar um 10.03.2017, 23:22:54
"
"
monkuar schrieb:
"

I never stack 5 on any mob, let alone a reflect rare. It is not something you should be in the habit of doing.

It is very easy to not die to reflect mobs.

You must do quite the damage then, with tons of map mods? Good lucking throwing 2 stacks in those packs, hf with the clearspeed.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
monkuar schrieb:

Yeah, there is no reason to stack to 5? Sorry, but I just throw my eplosive arrows into random packs while mapping. It's usually 3, 4, or 5 stacks just out of general clear. If it's a huge reflect pack it's game over.

The problem with people trying to defend this silly "reflect" nonsense (like TehMannie) is setting a bad precedence for this guide for newer players. You will have reflect issues. Stop trying to sugar coat the issue by moving the goalposts claiming it's because of "player error".

It is because of player error in the end, HOWEVER, it's also because of elemental reflect. I'm just sick and tired of hearing people defend reflect saying "oh it's no big deal". Uhm, yeah it is because even with dying sun up, and shooting into a rare pack (I played your build last league and go to 95 with it, was very fun), I still had issues and died occasionally.

People will stack more than 2 though because of map mods, tankier mobs, etc. So saying "most people won't stack to 5" isn't really the case. When you run those maps you'll eventually do a 5 stack on a rare pack and boom. Unless ofcourse, you play like ProjectPT and just stop for 20 seconds every other rare pack. No. This build is fast paced and not how it's really played

The player error is getting into a habbit of stacking to 5 all the time when 2-3 generally do the job. I'd rather tell the player how to deal with reflect when it's within their power rather than tell him not to play the build because it can't just outright ignore reflect. Seriously regular white and rare mobs don't have that high a health pool. packs die easily when close together that you don't need to stack to 5. Most of my time mapping is not spent on easy strand maps (which is the clear speed meta you shouldn't need to stack to 5 in if that's all you care about) in those leagues it's usually chaining rare t13+ maps with sextants etc. And as long as it's not some abusrd damage map (which doesn't affect the life pool) I generally run it. The only one I would say -max is probably the one situation I avoid out of fear of reflect unless the map is really good otherwise.

If you're saying I'm down playing it, then I understand, but having played this for a long time, I rarely ever find myself actually stacking to 5 on general mobs and I never died to reflect on EA.

So the overkill damage also reflects back to you? Seems a bit silly.

Otherwise if you can kill them with 2-3 stacks, 5 shouldn't matter if the mob is already dead. Seems like an annoying way to play to be honest, having to watch for the aura constantly, having to watch out not to attack over 3 times in fear of just instantly popping. Also piano on top of that. I guess witch will be a bit more suitable for me since I prefer to move fast and really can't be arsed to watch for the reflect constantly. I'll definitely miss it ones or twice and just RIP otherwise.

I wouldn't really call this build HC viable if that's the case. With a loose definition like that you could call many builds HC viable and just state "don't go next to mobs, don't do this, don't do that".

He should definitely include, HC viable except you will insta RIP to reflect if you shoot 4+ times accidentally. Also, never play in party because mobs will have too much health and you'll rip again.
I`m playing this build for the first time and I`m having blast with it.

I have to side with OP, because the reflect is NOT an issue for me at all. Normal packs die in 2-3 stacks so you are constantly moving from pack to pack. And even if the next pack contains reflect mob, you will not die (having max fire res).
I`m stacking to 5 fuses only on bosses and Essences

I was really surprised by Master Alchemist pathfinder asc. - I like it so much so I would not even consider Elementalist
Currently I`m using Daresso's Defiance (luck drop) and it is working really well for me - I have 3 endurance charges all the time and CWDT-IC lasts longer, I have Onslaught and the chest has also life leach

@OP: I would prefer some upgrade priority list ;)
I have about 9EX to spend atm, should I focus on getting a 6L Quill Rain + Kaoms or is there something that would be more worth buying first? Are those two things the priority assuming the rest of your gear is pretty average/ok?
Hello all,

can anyone recommend a 5l aoe setup? I am currently running a tabula rasa and a 5l quill rain.

thanks.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von chr_sys um 11.03.2017, 07:07:00
"
monkuar schrieb:

You must do quite the damage then, with tons of map mods? Good lucking throwing 2 stacks in those packs, hf with the clearspeed.

I don't understand why you are so aggressive and salty. If you are dying to reflect rares it is clearly due to something you can correct, yet you are spewing on about how the build struggles with it. And yes, my clear speed is great. Because standing still and over killing every pack with 5 fuses is much slower than stutter stepping and shooting 2-3 into each pack with kills them any ways.

Go away.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Bobbitto um 11.03.2017, 07:07:13

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: