[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

How big of a difference does a Kaom's Heart make?

I currently have 2 5L quill rains and 1 6L rare chest thanks to a very kind donating soul. Should a Kaom's be the next logical upgrade in this scenario?

ign: ExplosiveSool
Zuletzt bearbeitet von soolshock um 21.12.2016, 17:45:10
"
Chimmy81 schrieb:
Why didn't you pick up Explosive Impact and Ash, Frost and Fire. 95% more damage right next to the route for 9 Skillpoints instead of ranger projectile nodes and some 5% hp.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAQBeAO4B0QHcA3UEBwSzCC4OPA5cFCAVIBmOHNwfAiW8KPoqTSqNLOky0TWSNsU22DboOlI6WDwFPV89_D8nQYdEDUVHRX5FnUkbSshMs1JTU1JVxlZIWHdYr18EXz9q-m6qbzt343gNeWh9dYGvgpuCx4PbhNmGYIazjxqRK5eVmK2aO5rgm42drp_fogCnCKlurJiv67EFtfK3PriTuNDAGsBmwQTEWMjw0B_Tftgk2L3aOttP37_gw-vu7FXtg-8O73rvfO_r8Wz2SPaj-ej-Cv66

More regen. Bit less life. 95% more damage.

it's increased, but not more but I get what you're saying. I mean going around the way you did you saved 1 point by going through attribute nodes rather than going through life and art of the gladiator. I mean you could save another point if you skip the master of the arena node and go for the regen node in templar since you get life as well but that's besides the point.

The reason I don't go out of my way to get most of the dead end fire damage is because I like jewels more. I play in HC so life is more welcome for me. For example, the first 3 nodes on ash frost and fire gives you 24% fire damage. a 3 point jewel gives you that with 2 damage rolls and a life roll. Now if you need damage early on pick up these nodes all you want. I think there's a case for explosive impact than for ash frost and fire. I go for pen in heart of flame early on because of situations where something has high res for whatever reason. I pick up fire walker to cap res when I need. I reach a point where damage is not the big issue for the build I try to focus on life and possibly resists to wear better gear. If a jewel gives me enough res to wear 50 fire damage ring, it's worth the points instead of investing 3 to get half of that. etc.

That said path the way you feel like. If you're playing SC you likely have higher access to better items so you might not find it as hard to get all the things you need.

"
How big of a difference does a Kaom's Heart make?

I currently have 2 5L quill rains and 1 6L rare chest thanks to a very kind donating soul. Should a Kaom's be the next logical upgrade in this scenario?

The difference in life is 1400. But you'll lose damage. if you feel like your damage against bosses will be fine go ahead and do it. This should be fine to at least t15s and maybe easy t16s. You get a bit of damage to your general aoe from the kaoms. Again in HC I wanted the life for the occasional annoying things and because breaches can be scary on the wrong mods.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von dingis um 21.12.2016, 18:51:50
"
dingis schrieb:
"
Chimmy81 schrieb:
Why didn't you pick up Explosive Impact and Ash, Frost and Fire. 95% more damage right next to the route for 9 Skillpoints instead of ranger projectile nodes and some 5% hp.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAQBeAO4B0QHcA3UEBwSzCC4OPA5cFCAVIBmOHNwfAiW8KPoqTSqNLOky0TWSNsU22DboOlI6WDwFPV89_D8nQYdEDUVHRX5FnUkbSshMs1JTU1JVxlZIWHdYr18EXz9q-m6qbzt343gNeWh9dYGvgpuCx4PbhNmGYIazjxqRK5eVmK2aO5rgm42drp_fogCnCKlurJiv67EFtfK3PriTuNDAGsBmwQTEWMjw0B_Tftgk2L3aOttP37_gw-vu7FXtg-8O73rvfO_r8Wz2SPaj-ej-Cv66

More regen. Bit less life. 95% more damage.

it's increased, but not more but I get what you're saying. I mean going around the way you did you saved 1 point by going through attribute nodes rather than going through life and art of the gladiator. I mean you could save another point if you skip the master of the arena node and go for the regen node in templar since you get life as well but that's besides the point.

The reason I don't go out of my way to get most of the dead end fire damage is because I like jewels more. I play in HC so life is more welcome for me. For example, the first 3 nodes on ash frost and fire gives you 24% fire damage. a 3 point jewel gives you that with 2 damage rolls and a life roll. Now if you need damage early on pick up these nodes all you want. I think there's a case for explosive impact than for ash frost and fire. I go for pen in heart of flame early on because of situations where something has high res for whatever reason. I pick up fire walker to cap res when I need. I reach a point where damage is not the big issue for the build I try to focus on life and possibly resists to wear better gear. If a jewel gives me enough res to wear 50 fire damage ring, it's worth the points instead of investing 3 to get half of that. etc.

That said path the way you feel like. If you're playing SC you likely have higher access to better items so you might not find it as hard to get all the things you need.

So if im playing SC and want a bit more damage you would recommend explosive impact?
"
So if im playing SC and want a bit more damage you would recommend explosive impact?

eh, it's 55% for 5 points, that's 11 per point. Fire walker is 36% for 3, which is 12 per point. As far as endgame jewels, you're likely looking at double damage life jewel or tri damage jewel. so for 3 point it's actually hard to get that to 36% for the 3 pointers (you're likely looking at 32% in damage), so it would have to have a fourth good roll(life or resists) for a 3 pointer.

But the thing about explosive impact is that it takes 2 more points, so if you make better use of those points else where a 3 point jewel is better.

And in the end, if you can get to 13 jewel slots, I think grandspectrums are still the highest damage you can get but that's way later probably.

I haven't played SC for a couple of years now, I have no idea how much life is good there and what you feel is good damage. The basic tree will carry you to tier 16s as is and focusing on getting the more multipliers and the 6link bow, So this is probably to make shaper take less time. You don't need to go crazy on regular mapping. Do the math on the damage and what can get you to wear 2 opal rings with fire damage if you can find one.
Hey,

Just want to say great guide I've been following it on Breach HC and achieved most of my goals.

I'm looking to do the guardians as I missed the whole last league. Since I've never done them which one would you recommend as easiest? Your videos seemed to point at Minotaur but he seemed to chunk you more than Chimera. Thanks again for the great guide.
IGN: BowlOFruit
"
dingis schrieb:
"

eh, it's 55% for 5 points, that's 11 per point. Fire walker is 36% for 3, which is 12 per point. As far as endgame jewels, you're likely looking at double damage life jewel or tri damage jewel. so for 3 point it's actually hard to get that to 36% for the 3 pointers (you're likely looking at 32% in damage), so it would have to have a fourth good roll(life or resists) for a 3 pointer.

But the thing about explosive impact is that it takes 2 more points, so if you make better use of those points else where a 3 point jewel is better.

And in the end, if you can get to 13 jewel slots, I think grandspectrums are still the highest damage you can get but that's way later probably.

I haven't played SC for a couple of years now, I have no idea how much life is good there and what you feel is good damage. The basic tree will carry you to tier 16s as is and focusing on getting the more multipliers and the 6link bow, So this is probably to make shaper take less time. You don't need to go crazy on regular mapping. Do the math on the damage and what can get you to wear 2 opal rings with fire damage if you can find one.

Im wondering if lava lash would work as well? It seems way to good to work, im assuming it only scales the initial hit dmg and not the 2ndary explosion, right?
hey guys, first of all thanks to Dingis for the build ,its alot of fun and i want to ask you guys if i'm not using so many unique flasks (just rumi) is it really worth going Pathfinder or what ascendacy would you consider to give most dps ? i see ppl playing most Elementalist and Chieftain.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von HighBlow um 22.12.2016, 08:36:48
wich auras should i use on bhc?
"
Kanses schrieb:

i would use Vitality or Grace depends on gear.
"
Im wondering if lava lash would work as well? It seems way to good to work, im assuming it only scales the initial hit dmg and not the 2ndary explosion, right?

lava lash is fire damage with weapons, doesn't work for EA's explosion.

"
HighBlow schrieb:
hey guys, first of all thanks to Dingis for the build ,its alot of fun and i want to ask you guys if i'm not using so many unique flasks (just rumi) is it really worth going Pathfinder or what ascendacy would you consider to give most dps ? i see ppl playing most Elementalist and Chieftain.

Chieftan doesn't get a lot of play becuse it messes with EE. The gear is pretty much the same on all classes, except for vinktars if you run that. You don't need unique flasks, your regular flasks are better as pathfinder as well (better rumi's, better basalt, better quick silver, better sulphur, etc)

DPS is kinda weird to calculate, you between ele and pathfinder you trade aoe(without dying sun) with movement speed for general clear. for single target you trade gurenteed ignite with pathfinder for some increased damage (pathfinder only gets 40 in tree). The increased damage difference can be negligable at the highest end of gear. for example, if you have say 400% increased damage, getting 20% increased damage is actually just a 5% damage increase over all. That and a lot of it is conditional (golem, 4 out of every 10 seconds, if you got hit by fire damage etc.)

you will likely run chance to ignite on elementalist because waiting for 8 seconds for the ignite gurentee is wasted dps and on that end pathfinder gets the 100% chance when you have any flask up and your curse on hit without any additional gear. You both have access to shock, pretty sure you'd run vaal lightning trap to gurentee the shock on the boss, which you can run on pathfinder in any case.

I think at the highest end of gear the differences won't matter much in the end though, even if pathfinder is better with more currency invested. So in the end it'll really depend on your play style. I like the things pathfinder provides (status immunity, bleed removal, extra speed, higher block etc). Ele is nice for reflect and prolif though.

"
HighBlow schrieb:
"
Kanses schrieb:

i would use Vitality or Grace depends on gear.

What? I use no auras. I don't use essence worm, I get rings with life res and damage.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: