[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

This is my new PoB with feedback accounted for; it was about a 2k increase in DPS xD

https://pastebin.com/ScE0GhXE

Thanks for the help, stay tuned.

"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:
You're splitting your tree a bit too much between the EO setup and the crit setup. There's a big line in the sand there, one or the other. Both doesn't work as any of the multi you currently have is wasted with EO.

The dual wield setup is enough for T16 scourges and AW8. Don't worry about lack of damage on that setup once it's built out right (Prima's budget tree is solid). It wouldn't have the block, sustain and Determination phys reduction so plays a chunk squishier than the crit version, along with not doing the same damage at the high end, but it's still enough to do all the endgame (even with scuffed self found gearing).

- The pathing over to Cruel Prep is burning passives and adding a chunk of int for you to have to balance against. Hard to make a straight switch there that keeps the exact attribute balancing you have, but in reality you wouldn't really want to keep that. Pathing from below saves a chunk of passives you could then throw at grabbing a +30 strength node and perhaps upgrade your Sapphire ring with lower attribute needs given the lower int nodes used.

I've fixed this and gone with the bottom routing to cruel prep, picked up the +30 strength node, replaced my sapphire ring for another resist ring with small %fire dmg on it, blessed my belt to get the leadership's conflux back

"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:

- The 4 nodes to Throatseeker are adding a bit of int to need to balance against and doing nothing for damage while EO is there.

I've removed these passives for now until I transition to crit

"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:

- The cast speed at Explosive Impact is a lot more valuable than the AOE, worth switching that.

I switched over to the cast speed.

"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:

- AOE quality enchants on weapons would be a nice upgrade as Ele Damage (no idea what harvests are going for on trade, if expensive ignore and just hope to hit one yourself).

already had these on my wep

"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:

- I haven't checked to see how well +1 fire gems scales the corpse explosions (I've been messing with crafting a nice +3 staff but haven't got it to the point I've dropped it into POB yet). If you feel you're struggling for damage it might be worth comparing how that mod compares to a decent fire% scepter instead.

I've made another sceptre and tried testing the numbers in PoB but the numbers right now are minimal in terms of change according to PoB. (its no god tier replacement)

vs

"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:

- Personally I'd drop the LGOH support for Cyclone. We don't have enough accuracy for that to be meaningful and we really don't want to be in a position to be using that often enough for it to be a solid choice. I'd probably look at recolouring the socket blue (so 1G5B chest) and drop bone offering in there so I could remove the trigger craft requirement on the scepter and upgrade to a chunk more damage. Can also look at options like Sigil of Power or even just inspiration to lower mana draining.

- It isn't a damage boost, but no way I'd feel comfy playing without at least one LGOH Shaper ring. That's a huge sustain boost. I contemplated giving up one for a decent Flammability on hit ring.... decided against it until I get a much better one.

I'll figure out a time to test the swap with bone offering but I'll need to find some other scepters for a proper set up.

"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:

- With double ring crafts I'd have assumed your mana sustain would be fine with just the flask up. I'd think about switching the Nexus gloves over to a pair of Shaped blind gloves.

will try working on another glove
Zuletzt bearbeitet von wastestime um 19.11.2021, 21:53:10
"
wastestime schrieb:
This is my new PoB with feedback accounted for; it was about a 2k increase in DPS xD

https://pastebin.com/ScE0GhXE

Thanks for the help, stay tuned.

"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:
You're splitting your tree a bit too much between the EO setup and the crit setup. There's a big line in the sand there, one or the other. Both doesn't work as any of the multi you currently have is wasted with EO.

The dual wield setup is enough for T16 scourges and AW8. Don't worry about lack of damage on that setup once it's built out right (Prima's budget tree is solid). It wouldn't have the block, sustain and Determination phys reduction so plays a chunk squishier than the crit version, along with not doing the same damage at the high end, but it's still enough to do all the endgame (even with scuffed self found gearing).

- The pathing over to Cruel Prep is burning passives and adding a chunk of int for you to have to balance against. Hard to make a straight switch there that keeps the exact attribute balancing you have, but in reality you wouldn't really want to keep that. Pathing from below saves a chunk of passives you could then throw at grabbing a +30 strength node and perhaps upgrade your Sapphire ring with lower attribute needs given the lower int nodes used.

I've fixed this and gone with the bottom routing to cruel prep, picked up the +30 strength node, replaced my sapphire ring for another resist ring with small %fire dmg on it, blessed my belt to get the leadership's conflux back

"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:

- The 4 nodes to Throatseeker are adding a bit of int to need to balance against and doing nothing for damage while EO is there.

I've removed these passives for now until I transition to crit

"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:

- The cast speed at Explosive Impact is a lot more valuable than the AOE, worth switching that.

I switched over to the cast speed.

"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:

- AOE quality enchants on weapons would be a nice upgrade as Ele Damage (no idea what harvests are going for on trade, if expensive ignore and just hope to hit one yourself).

already had these on my wep

"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:

- I haven't checked to see how well +1 fire gems scales the corpse explosions (I've been messing with crafting a nice +3 staff but haven't got it to the point I've dropped it into POB yet). If you feel you're struggling for damage it might be worth comparing how that mod compares to a decent fire% scepter instead.

I've made another sceptre and tried testing the numbers in PoB but the numbers right now are minimal in terms of change according to PoB. (its no god tier replacement)

vs

"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:

- Personally I'd drop the LGOH support for Cyclone. We don't have enough accuracy for that to be meaningful and we really don't want to be in a position to be using that often enough for it to be a solid choice. I'd probably look at recolouring the socket blue (so 1G5B chest) and drop bone offering in there so I could remove the trigger craft requirement on the scepter and upgrade to a chunk more damage. Can also look at options like Sigil of Power or even just inspiration to lower mana draining.

- It isn't a damage boost, but no way I'd feel comfy playing without at least one LGOH Shaper ring. That's a huge sustain boost. I contemplated giving up one for a decent Flammability on hit ring.... decided against it until I get a much better one.

I'll figure out a time to test the swap with bone offering but I'll need to find some other scepters for a proper set up.

"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:

- With double ring crafts I'd have assumed your mana sustain would be fine with just the flask up. I'd think about switching the Nexus gloves over to a pair of Shaped blind gloves.

will try working on another glove

Hey! be sure to compare your new weaponset by swapping over to the "Corpse Explosion" part of Volatile Dead, this is where a lot of the offense comes from.

I am updating the front page guide but in general in Config set Corpse Health to 55,800 (derived from 9 corpses at 83 (1.5 are 800% explosions, 7.5 are regular 100% health corpses)).

This will show you the difference when you switch back and forth from Fire and Spell damage. Also do note 1hs can rock up to 120-130% Fire Damage. Just swap in two Doryani's Catalysts as a baseline and see how much that raises your Average Hit.

I will make a visual guide and vast improvements to all these figures as I really do think this build is worth it (and I want to launch another meme build xD)

P.S. Do not run Blind Gloves unless you run a Jade Flask! XD
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Zuletzt bearbeitet von primaeva um 19.11.2021, 23:31:22
"
Cryotron9000 schrieb:
You basically just need a lot more Crit Chance and Crit Multi.

The main thing is that your "Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells" (as well as the flat fire to spells, for that matter) mods on your weapons do NOT count towards the Corpse Explosion portion of VD; it only counts towards the weaker Spell portion (the balls). The Corpse Explosion does much more damage than the spell portion. This is also causing you to not apply large values of Scorch/Brittle, which is a big contributor to our DPS.

Switching to the staff build will feel a lot better because you can use the staff Crit/Crit Multi nodes.

Also, make sure you are not running out of mana. I know you have a mana flask but if the fights are lasting that long, you might be running out of charges and then out of mana because your skill costs are high.

Also also, you are bringing high HP spectres (Stoneskin Flayers and Lithomancers) to every new area to put in your corpse pool, right?

The guide and the "switch" POB shows that I need exactly those mods on my weapons. The 3.16 news that is on the guide says that the dual wield is basically a lot more damage and other stuff than the staff version.

So I'm a lot confused now.

I'm: Not running out of mana; Running spectres; talented exaclty how on the POB; have leaderships price + STR=INT; skitterbots; 20/21 gems
Zuletzt bearbeitet von magyarim11 um 20.11.2021, 04:40:33
"
magyarim11 schrieb:
"
Cryotron9000 schrieb:
You basically just need a lot more Crit Chance and Crit Multi.

The main thing is that your "Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells" (as well as the flat fire to spells, for that matter) mods on your weapons do NOT count towards the Corpse Explosion portion of VD; it only counts towards the weaker Spell portion (the balls). The Corpse Explosion does much more damage than the spell portion. This is also causing you to not apply large values of Scorch/Brittle, which is a big contributor to our DPS.

Switching to the staff build will feel a lot better because you can use the staff Crit/Crit Multi nodes.

Also, make sure you are not running out of mana. I know you have a mana flask but if the fights are lasting that long, you might be running out of charges and then out of mana because your skill costs are high.

Also also, you are bringing high HP spectres (Stoneskin Flayers and Lithomancers) to every new area to put in your corpse pool, right?

The guide and the "switch" POB shows that I need exactly those mods on my weapons. The 3.16 news that is on the guide says that the dual wield is basically a lot more damage and other stuff than the staff version.

So I'm a lot confused now.

I'm: Not running out of mana; Running spectres; talented exaclty how on the POB; have leaderships price + STR=INT; skitterbots; 20/21 gems

Hey, your weapons alone give these relevant stats:

156% fire damage
24% cast speed
18% Crit Mult

The Switch PoB has:

194% fire damage
40% cast speed
38% crit mult

The other stats are spell-related and will help clear but single target not so much.

There's a massive power gulf there worth at least 33% effective DPS (14% cast speed is no joke).

Also I can assure you you are OOMing without the Righteous Decree Cluster, with only one -7 ring and no DivergentInspiration, plus you're on a mana flask that isn't Initiate/Sage/Pupil suffix - you're just not realising it. You're running a 6L (Immolate) as an extra link but since your target isn't burning or ignited (Leadership's Price) it's paying an extra 20% mana cost for 0 extra damage.

Please upload a video so we can analyse where your damage is falling off.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von primaeva um 20.11.2021, 05:27:47
Switched to cane of kulemak, switched the talent tree, changed my helmet.

Here's a video of the bossing dps I'm talking about, and do mind, that it was a T14 normal map without mods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE17KpIXxas (Don't mind the death)

To be honest, switching to the staff feels even worse.

I really don't want it to seen like I'm whining about this....I just really want to figure this out and want it to work.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von magyarim11 um 20.11.2021, 08:33:38
"
magyarim11 schrieb:
Switched to cane of kulemak, switched the talent tree, changed my helmet.

Here's a video of the bossing dps I'm talking about, and do mind, that it was a T14 normal map without mods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE17KpIXxas (Don't mind the death)

To be honest, switching to the staff feels even worse.

I really don't want it to seen like I'm whining about this....I just really want to figure this out and want it to work.

So in the segment where it looks like you kill the boss really slowly, here is exactly what is missing.

1) No Rotgut popped = no Onslaught - Missing 20% Cast Speed.
2) No Sulphur Flask popped = 40% decreased Damage. Also missing 41% Global Crit Strike Chance.
3) No Wise Oak popped - well, let's assume it doesn't do anything.

4) Slotting in Replica's Conqueror Efficiency = Your spells no longer cost mana. Your Inspiration isn't working - so you are using a 4-Link, not a 5-link.

5) No Aspect of the Spider = Missing 20% increased Damage Taken

6) No Skitterbots = 17% shock is missing.

In totality, because you demonstrated just two brands and no flasks, plus removed a bunch of multipliers, you killed a Level 83 (it's not T14, it's T16, upper right states i83) boss in 15 seconds with a 1 sec downtime due to brands falling off. So that's 14 seconds.

With Skitterbots, Aspect of the Spider, Inspiration, Sulphur Flask, Rotgut popped, your damage would be multiplied to:

1 * 1.17 * 1.20 * 1.25 * (estimated 340/300 = 1.13) = 1.983. Double.

(Yes, damage taken is additive but let's just simplify that for now)

Your estimated Boss Kill time is now 7 seconds.

That's not all.

41% Crit Chance From Sulphur Flask = DPS.
40% Crit Chance From Inspiration = DPS.
Hitting 15% Brittle and 30% Scorch because you're dealing at least double damage = DPS.
20% Cast Speed from Onslaught = Huge DPS.

Your boss kill time if you toggled all that stuff on would be about 5 seconds or less.

So yes, without changing any additional gear and adjusting your mana cost to at least 1 for Volatile Dead OR Desecrate, turning all your auras on and using your flasks, you can double to triple your damage output.

How come you aren't using any of the auras or flasks, if I may ask??

(By the way you have to turn auras on.. you can't just socket them in your armour, they have to be activated. Press Ctrl to bring up a new bunch of boxes, put the Auras into the boxes and then click them so a spinny gold border surrounds them, and you will see your mana being "reserved" aka traded in for additional effects.)
Zuletzt bearbeitet von primaeva um 20.11.2021, 08:53:49
Did Drox just now and it was just terrible.

1) Rotgut was popped
2) sulphur popped
3) wise oak popped (fire res is highest)
4) Yes, was using replica conq, this might be the issue
5), 6) I died just before the boss fight, so everything turned off (this did make me seem really stupid but whatever), forgot to turn them back on. This is my bad. But during the drox fight, everything was on.

Will try stuff on another conqueror and maybe do a vid on it so we'll see.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von magyarim11 um 20.11.2021, 09:33:53
"
magyarim11 schrieb:
Did Drox just now and it was just terrible.

1) Rotgut was popped
2) sulphur popped
3) wise oak popped (fire res is highest)
4) Yes, was using replica conq, this might be the issue
5), 6) I died just before the boss fight, so everything turned off (this did make me seem really stupid but whatever), forgot to turn them back on. This is my bad. But during the drox fight, everything was on.

Will try stuff on another conqueror and maybe do a vid on it so we'll see.

Yeah, please always supplement with a vid. Thanks. Drox is a mechanical fight and there may be other things going awry btw.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von primaeva um 20.11.2021, 09:35:22
Did Al-hezmin, was....better I guess. Still died (my bad), but it's still not what I think it should be. Maybe I just don't like the build...starting to feel hopeless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae5UuOu1Pqs
Hey i would love to do this build but there is no endgame pob for 3.16 anyone would have made one ??
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Careterias um 20.11.2021, 10:08:47

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: