[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:
"
wastestime schrieb:
I still havent found/made a good staff yet and I think I'm lacking in damage for lack of crit multipliers.
You're splitting your tree a bit too much between the EO setup and the crit setup. There's a big line in the sand there, one or the other. Both doesn't work as any of the multi you currently have is wasted with EO.

The dual wield setup is enough for T16 scourges and AW8. Don't worry about lack of damage on that setup once it's built out right (Prima's budget tree is solid). It wouldn't have the block, sustain and Determination phys reduction so plays a chunk squishier than the crit version, along with not doing the same damage at the high end, but it's still enough to do all the endgame (even with scuffed self found gearing).

- The pathing over to Cruel Prep is burning passives and adding a chunk of int for you to have to balance against. Hard to make a straight switch there that keeps the exact attribute balancing you have, but in reality you wouldn't really want to keep that. Pathing from below saves a chunk of passives you could then throw at grabbing a +30 strength node and perhaps upgrade your Sapphire ring with lower attribute needs given the lower int nodes used.

- The 4 nodes to Throatseeker are adding a bit of int to need to balance against and doing nothing for damage while EO is there.

- The cast speed at Explosive Impact is a lot more valuable than the AOE, worth switching that.

- AOE quality enchants on weapons would be a nice upgrade as Ele Damage (no idea what harvests are going for on trade, if expensive ignore and just hope to hit one yourself).

- I haven't checked to see how well +1 fire gems scales the corpse explosions (I've been messing with crafting a nice +3 staff but haven't got it to the point I've dropped it into POB yet). If you feel you're struggling for damage it might be worth comparing how that mod compares to a decent fire% scepter instead.

- Personally I'd drop the LGOH support for Cyclone. We don't have enough accuracy for that to be meaningful and we really don't want to be in a position to be using that often enough for it to be a solid choice. I'd probably look at recolouring the socket blue (so 1G5B chest) and drop bone offering in there so I could remove the trigger craft requirement on the scepter and upgrade to a chunk more damage. Can also look at options like Sigil of Power or even just inspiration to lower mana draining.

- It isn't a damage boost, but no way I'd feel comfy playing without at least one LGOH Shaper ring. That's a huge sustain boost. I contemplated giving up one for a decent Flammability on hit ring.... decided against it until I get a much better one.

- With double ring crafts I'd have assumed your mana sustain would be fine with just the flask up. I'd think about switching the Nexus gloves over to a pair of Shaped blind gloves.

I'm re-evaluating my Blind Gloves really, without a Jade Flask it gives very little value this patch and may not be worth the mana multiplier. A Rumi's would save more passives, and leaving blind behind means you can fit a ton of stats into the glove slot for VERY cheap (and have some sick enchants like 60% damage during Soul Gain Prevention - couple with Vaal Discipline or Vaal DD or VRF for mega burst.)
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
2222222222 schrieb:
landed T1 int on chest, im doom 💀

Ahahaha I know that feel m8!! It's so similar to landing mana rolls on the old ex slams..

Try to sell the chest when you're not mapping, a lot of players would actually prize T1 int, you can definitely recoup and profit and go again :)

EDIT: Research question: Why are some of the corpses we find actually ignited? We should be unable to ignite. If there is a weird exception to the rule somewhere (I suspect range/offscreening?) It could enable Sadist again.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von primaeva um 18.11.2021, 22:08:18
"
primaeva schrieb:
"
2222222222 schrieb:
landed T1 int on chest, im doom 💀

Ahahaha I know that feel m8!! It's so similar to landing mana rolls on the old ex slams..

Try to sell the chest when you're not mapping, a lot of players would actually prize T1 int, you can definitely recoup and profit and go again :)

EDIT: Research question: Why are some of the corpses we find actually ignited? We should be unable to ignite. If there is a weird exception to the rule somewhere (I suspect range/offscreening?) It could enable Sadist again.

So I did some research, relatively small sample size but it is what it is. Feel free to make it larger xD

I took the same area (mavens crucible) and did 2x 50 desecrates with 60% forgotten corpse.

round 1 I got a lithomancer or flayer (or both) 11 times out of 50
round 2 I got a lithomancer or flayer (or both) 13 times out of 50

so roughly 20-23%

it does seem to interfere with the spawns a little bit, but not enough to feel like dps would go down using the phantasmal gem.

How fast do you think we can drop Guardians with this combo? XD
I finally added Determination to my build and...wow. The difference is like night and day. Especially with a Rumi's Concoction. I went from dying pretty frequently (mostly in 150+ Scourge) to only dying once from leveling from 94 to 95 (because I accidentally pathed back into a Sirus maze meteor, lol).
"
Cryotron9000 schrieb:
I finally added Determination to my build and...wow. The difference is like night and day. Especially with a Rumi's Concoction. I went from dying pretty frequently (mostly in 150+ Scourge) to only dying once from leveling from 94 to 95 (because I accidentally pathed back into a Sirus maze meteor, lol).

Yeah, I really have to eat my words to the guy I said Determination wouldn't help so much - there's barely anything that can 1HKO a 9k tHP build anyway (I mean, it eats Cortex slams) so the main thing is all those annoying Scourge mobs slapping you when you get complacent - and Determination makes them look like a goddamn joke. (And the Ball Lightning - GainonHit of course.)

I am really happy with the progress the build made this league! Just need to iron out weird kinks and maybe figure out if there are hacks to free up a couple gem slots (having 3 Inspirations? Surely there is a better wae)

I think it was honestly already an S-Tier bosser, especially considering the price range (20 ex gets you tankiness, good clear and among the highest Single Target in game + recovery.)

Map clear with this league I would upgrade to A+ - since Attachment range and 5 brands are core now and don't require 1-3ex Clusters. It will never be S because of the 0.5 sec Brand Activation delay.

Tankiness? Holy moly. I think only Ultimatum approached the zerginess of this league and the RME changes and Determination changes kicked it up to eleven, with just a Granite Flask and 0 armor on gear our Achilles heel (small phys hits) is gone.

I would love to have Herald of Ash back just for the visuals though I'm sure they're not really relevant anymore.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von primaeva um 19.11.2021, 10:47:17
"
primaeva schrieb:

I would love to have Herald of Ash back just for the visuals though I'm sure they're not really relevant anymore.

For sure. I love Herald of Ash explosions especially with the Automaton MTX :)

Been thinking about even more defensive layers here...any thoughts on Divine Shield? Our Armour should always be higher than our max ES, so with around 8000 Armour, let's say you took 10 hits of 1600 damage each. Your Armour would prevent 800 of each hit, so 8000 damage prevented total. 3% of that would be 240 ES/sec regen. In comparison, the ES regen mastery on the tree would be 80 ES/sec regen if you have 4000 max ES.

I'm not sure if it's quite enough regen to be worth it. I think that node is intended for characters that stack more Armour than we have with just Determination + a Granite flask. I might try playing with it a bit though to see how it feels.

Also, Elusive on Crit boots is a nice, albeit somewhat luxury, item. There's certainly no downside to having it. These were 11ex, good stats (lol rarity) + bossing enchant.

"
Cryotron9000 schrieb:
"
primaeva schrieb:

For sure. I love Herald of Ash explosions especially with the Automaton MTX :)

Been thinking about even more defensive layers here...any thoughts on Divine Shield? Our Armour should always be higher than our max ES, so with around 8000 Armour, let's say you took 10 hits of 1600 damage each. Your Armour would prevent 800 of each hit, so 8000 damage prevented total. 3% of that would be 240 ES/sec regen. In comparison, the ES regen mastery on the tree would be 80 ES/sec regen if you have 4000 max ES.

I'm not sure if it's quite enough regen to be worth it. I think that node is intended for characters that stack more Armour than we have with just Determination + a Granite flask. I might try playing with it a bit though to see how it feels.

Also, Elusive on Crit boots is a nice, albeit somewhat luxury, item. There's certainly no downside to having it. These were 11ex, good stats (lol rarity) + bossing enchant.

Yeah, Elusive boots are definitely the endgame, I just avoid spending that amount because people tend to point out any item that goes above 10ex (same as why I never showcase with Bottled Faith anymore).

The thing about Divine Shield is (and I tried it) - with a Watcher's Eye on hit, ES is permanently full anyway. And we don't even run any Vaal Skills so you can just pop Vaal Disc anytime. It's the life gain I worry about these days - I can't get rid of Auto Flammability on Ring (and mine comes with a juicy 20% crit mult..) So I'm down to one LGOH ring.
I'm so mad that I can't figure it out myself, but I need help.
After the switch to crit, my dmg feels lower.

Clear is great, but bossing...nothing compared to what others saying and showing...The only thing I'm missing is awakened cascade.

Could it be my level? (83) Maybe it will only be good with a staff?
A8 conquerors take like 3-4 min to die. Not tried sirus yet but afraid to.
(I bet it's a tiny mistake I made somewhere)

Here is my current equipment if anybody could help please: https://pastebin.com/d1FwzbVX
You basically just need a lot more Crit Chance and Crit Multi.

The main thing is that your "Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells" (as well as the flat fire to spells, for that matter) mods on your weapons do NOT count towards the Corpse Explosion portion of VD; it only counts towards the weaker Spell portion (the balls). The Corpse Explosion does much more damage than the spell portion. This is also causing you to not apply large values of Scorch/Brittle, which is a big contributor to our DPS.

Switching to the staff build will feel a lot better because you can use the staff Crit/Crit Multi nodes.

Also, make sure you are not running out of mana. I know you have a mana flask but if the fights are lasting that long, you might be running out of charges and then out of mana because your skill costs are high.

Also also, you are bringing high HP spectres (Stoneskin Flayers and Lithomancers) to every new area to put in your corpse pool, right?

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: