[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
magyarim11 schrieb:
Did Al-hezmin, was....better I guess. Still died (my bad), but it's still not what I think it should be. Maybe I just don't like the build...starting to feel hopeless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae5UuOu1Pqs

At level 86, you knocked off 45% of an AL8 Al-Hezmin with ~8 seconds of brand uptime with a 5L skill.

0:18 - 0:28 - Al Hezmin is at 55% HP with a 2-second lapse in Brands.

I'm not exactly sure which other build can do that at 86 on a 5L and be able to run around / afk (you don't have to keep Cycloning, WoC and Flammability lasts 6+ and 14+ seconds respectively).

The rest of the vid is basically little to no brands on the boss, running, rezzing, etc.

So let's just focus on what you did for 0:18 - 0:28, - that was clean play (aside from the downtime).

Repeat it twice, and A8 Al-Hezmin will be dead in 20 seconds or less - on a 5L and with a level 86 char. (A 6L helm costs about 50c right now by the way!)

Spoiler
Mechanics: By the way, Al-Hezmin only runs away from you if you approach melee range at certain parts in the outer triangle phase. As a ranged build, just put the brands on him and hammer him from afar. This way the balls have time to consistently hit him on spawn instead of hitting the Ball Cap (60).

The switch-on really has to come from planning ahead on the brands. You can drop two more brands near him when the old ones are ticking, that way when the first pair of brands disappear, you have a full-duration two more brands that stick immediately to him and continue the DPS with the previous existing cast speed.

By the way, now that I can see both spectres, you're running the wrong Spectres. Those look like the random Desecrated Archers that appear in the HO? They have a 55% health multiplier or something. By not running Stoneskin Flayers and Lithomancers, you are lowering your overall total potential DPS by about 33%. (55,800 average corpse health vs 27,100).

By running Desecrated Archers or Bonestalkers, its even worse. You have nerfed your damage by about 38%.

Go to /global 6666 and ask for Stoneskin Flayers or Lithomancers, most people are happy to provide them free.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Zuletzt bearbeitet von primaeva um 20.11.2021, 10:32:21
Thank you for the analisys! I guess then the build is not really for me as I expected way more from it. I feel the spectres are just not worth running, because I would need to pm people every 2 map, cuz they just die straight away.

The helm you mention is the 30% more ele dmg + conc effect right? If so, it's more than 1ex and I've spent all my money on this build already.

The spectres was Guard Captain and Auto Enforcer, the highest life before the two you mentioned. Oh well, thanks anyways.
"
Careterias schrieb:
Hey i would love to do this build but there is no endgame pob for 3.16 anyone would have made one ??

I'll get around to this tomorrow morning. There are a few variants but I'll be primarily recommending my current character minus the Megalomaniac plus Assassination and Blood Siphon.

High end = 7L Archdemon Crown, Bottled Faith and the current Phantasmal + Enhance setup. Elemental Mastery switched over to Exposure at least 18%. Physical conversion gloves and 20% to cover enemies with Ash when Hit.

The ultra high-end breaks 100ex for very little damage gain for a lot of HP loss - it involves point saving via Thread of Hope, then using BiS Clusters and really well-rolled Fettle + Life/Mult/Mult jewels. At that point, a Mana Flask re-enters the picture to save passive points. Culling Strike is a must (11% is among the highest single-node gain you can get. Alternatively, just make sure no Aura is on your staff and weapon swap out to Heartbreaker for cull. (Or run an AG with Kingmaker.)
"
magyarim11 schrieb:
Thank you for the analisys! I guess then the build is not really for me as I expected way more from it. I feel the spectres are just not worth running, because I would need to pm people every 2 map, cuz they just die straight away.

The spectres was Guard Captain and Auto Enforcer, the highest life before the two you mentioned. Oh well, thanks anyways.

Ah I see. Those are pretty good as well.

Well, every DD/VD based build has to deal with this Spectre issue, so I don't know how to give you a quick solve aside from recommending you spec Righteous Army or just put Purifying Flame somewhere in your Cyclone.

Those consicentious with Sulphur Flasking they almost never die because they're so beefy and % life regen heals them up. And I run 120-170 quant maps.

"

The helm you mention is the 30% more ele dmg + conc effect right? If so, it's more than 1ex and I've spent all my money on this build already.

Nah. There are 14 available for 50c to 100c, and some of those have open prefix for life.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/PaPRgtL

All the best in your future builds!
"
wastestime schrieb:
already had these on my wep

Sorry. I worded that terribly.

You want the Ele Damage, not the AOE.*
That said if you're close to going crit/staff not worth worrying about an additional 10%/20%.

(*It's not entirely clear what AOE is going to be doing for you. Making desecrate spread could lead to a slightly higher number of VD procs on average due to cascade eating corpses on other procs, but it just as easily could be leading to less. It could be leading to slightly more corpse explosion overlap on bosses, but it just as easily could be leading to less.

I tried running tests on it and eventually just gave up. There's a few too many factors that are outside of our control for it to be a definitive answer on specific thresholds for AOE scaling... so personally I'm at the point that unless I'm getting AOE Damage I don't consider AOE itself a relevant stat.

I could be mistaken. Having tested various combinations of two white scepters, two white scepters with AOE and two with Ele enchants I found the Ele ones 'better', though that's absolutely subjective (didn't do timed fights on set HP targets), going to be rng contributing as a big factor and I can't quantify what, if anything, the AOE scaling was doing at any threshold.)

Let us know how it's feeling with the changes. Hopefully starting to punch a little cleaner now.
"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:
"
wastestime schrieb:
already had these on my wep

Sorry. I worded that terribly.

You want the Ele Damage, not the AOE.*
That said if you're close to going crit/staff not worth worrying about an additional 10%/20%.

(*It's not entirely clear what AOE is going to be doing for you. Making desecrate spread could lead to a slightly higher number of VD procs on average due to cascade eating corpses on other procs, but it just as easily could be leading to less. It could be leading to slightly more corpse explosion overlap on bosses, but it just as easily could be leading to less.

I tried running tests on it and eventually just gave up. There's a few too many factors that are outside of our control for it to be a definitive answer on specific thresholds for AOE scaling... so personally I'm at the point that unless I'm getting AOE Damage I don't consider AOE itself a relevant stat.

I could be mistaken. Having tested various combinations of two white scepters, two white scepters with AOE and two with Ele enchants I found the Ele ones 'better', though that's absolutely subjective (didn't do timed fights on set HP targets), going to be rng contributing as a big factor and I can't quantify what, if anything, the AOE scaling was doing at any threshold.)

Let us know how it's feeling with the changes. Hopefully starting to punch a little cleaner now.

What about Awakened Spell Cascade on Desecrate ;D To mimic the spread. More tests inc.
"
primaeva schrieb:
What about Awakened Spell Cascade on Desecrate ;D To mimic the spread. More tests inc.
What I wouldn't give for an Awakened Spell Cascade drop.

The last 5 awakened drops I've seen in the PL (including more than just my own) were 4 Awakened Added Cold's and an Awakened Cold Pen. Not a single cold character among those. Siri be trolling hard at this point.
yoooooo poggies 😎

hey , i started playing the build yesterday the the damage just feels way off from what it should probably be. i watched the tutorial video on how to set up the brands and all that but i think im lacking way too much damage. would you be so kind to take a look and tell me whats wrong with my build.
https://pastebin.com/qJ9sH5R4 here is my pob
"
AzureLeMoon schrieb:
hey , i started playing the build yesterday the the damage just feels way off from what it should probably be. i watched the tutorial video on how to set up the brands and all that but i think im lacking way too much damage. would you be so kind to take a look and tell me whats wrong with my build.
https://pastebin.com/qJ9sH5R4 here is my pob

any vid?

but your damage number in poe is wayyyy much more than me tho

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: