[3.24] Ice Shot / Lightning Arrow Deadeye (Or Tornado Shot) - 400%+ MS, League Start Viable!

"
Brian9824 schrieb:
I'm reviewing the PoB and not understanding the armor links with Manaforged arrows, i've never used that particular skill before so what is the logic behind that.

I get that on crit it casts warlords mark and Tornado, and generate power charges on crit. I'm just not sure about the Manaforged and Frenzy.

Are we manually using frenzy to generate charges, or does manaforged arrows count the mana spent from TS and auto-use frenzy as we spend mana on TS?

**EDIT**
From what i'm researching Manaforged arrows should trigger from skills not linked to it, so guessing Tornado shot spam will trigger it and auto use frenzy and the linked support, so nice.

Think of Manaforged Arrows as the 'mana spent' version of Cast When Damage Taken. Once you spend X amount of mana, trigger skills supported by the gem.
"
ignisami schrieb:
"
Brian9824 schrieb:
I'm reviewing the PoB and not understanding the armor links with Manaforged arrows, i've never used that particular skill before so what is the logic behind that.

I get that on crit it casts warlords mark and Tornado, and generate power charges on crit. I'm just not sure about the Manaforged and Frenzy.

Are we manually using frenzy to generate charges, or does manaforged arrows count the mana spent from TS and auto-use frenzy as we spend mana on TS?

**EDIT**
From what i'm researching Manaforged arrows should trigger from skills not linked to it, so guessing Tornado shot spam will trigger it and auto use frenzy and the linked support, so nice.

Think of Manaforged Arrows as the 'mana spent' version of Cast When Damage Taken. Once you spend X amount of mana, trigger skills supported by the gem.

Yeah, its been a LONG time since i made a bow user, so wasn't familiar with that skill at all
Nicht verfügbar

Can almost use this
Einige Gegenstände in diesem Beitrag sind zur Zeit nicht verfügbar.
Hello, how do we generate rage so we can use berserk ? I didn't understand

EDIT : I found that warlord's mark is giving us rage, but since i'm not stunning ennemies it seems berserk is almost never up
Zuletzt bearbeitet von merlinshlag um 10.12.2023, 08:02:42
"
yankuch schrieb:
Hey there!

This guide covers leveling, progression and early endgame for Tornado Shot Deadeye,
or Ice Shot / Lightning Arrow as all 3 skills scale exactly the same way up until the very end game.

It includes a Path of Building import for reference and advanced information. (use it, trust me)

This build is effective and reliable.
I league started it multiple times and even reached level 90 in the 3.20 gauntlet with it
(HCSSF with extra mods BTW).

If you want to see the playstyle, check out the Content links section.

**Last update: Another optimization update for the Pob.

This build is a classic take on the famous Tornado Shot Deadeye.
I made a tremendous effort to optimize the leveling tree and tested all potential skills while leveling, so that you can enjoy the fastest campaign clear you have ever had, with both a low amount of pressure on gear and a manageable amount of points to respec later on.

3.23 Updates:
Spoiler
Many Buffs!

Quality changes:
Tornado Shot: Quality now causes the skill to Fire +0-1 secondary Projectile (huge)
Lightning Arrow: Quality now causes the skill to hit up to +0-2 additional enemies near the target
Ice Shot: Quality now provides 0-60% increased Area of Effect angle

New ascendancies, go Warden of the Maji early.
Oath of the Maji -> Detect Evil -> Coated Blade -> Nature's concoction

Make sure you dont have gems in your boots and you can get 30% movement speed during campaign!

Later on, we probably swap to Wildwood Primalist after we get some good charms. I'll write some recommendations here when we know all the charm modifiers we have access to.

Kaom's spirit nerf.
We still use Berserk but the uptime will be inexistent against single target.
The technology that enables rage generation is automating Warlord's Mark with a manaforged arrow setup linked with Cast on Crit. Warlord's Mark gives 20 rage regen over 1s when marked enemy is stunned. This scales with our Focal Point ascendancy to generate a lot of rage almost instantly.
This cool technology also give us endurance charge while mapping for some added physical mitigation, but it unfortunately reduces our Sniper's Mark uptime against bosses (both marks will alternate).
I suggest that you unsocket Warlord's mark vs Tougher bosses like Eater of World / Searing Exarch.

*note: You cannot stun an enemy on the same hit you freeze them. This is not an issue when you acquire Secrets of Suffering as it turns your freeze into brittles anyway, but before that, your rage generation will be lower.

Content links:
Spoiler
Showcase and guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cptqdbDwz60

Build Update and Bossing Showcase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyKnS8dhKe8

Crafting +2 ele crit bow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZH7gTCyuwg

3.21 Blood aqueduct clear simulation with day1 gear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvNI135-L-8

Pob:
Spoiler
Progression/endgame PoB: https://pobb.in/W2-h3ZK6HsJc

Very Endgame PoB: Work in progress

Import this link above in Pob and play around with the different trees (at the bottom left, in the tree section) the different item sets (at the top near the center in items section) and Skill sets

Download Pob + Fork: https://pathofbuilding.community/

Ascendancy, Playstyle / Leveling and Progression
Spoiler
Ascendancy: The Deadeye is unrivaled when it comes to Tornado Shot / Lightning arrow or Ice shot. We get Gathering winds (tailwind) early for a fast campaign clear, then we go for Far shot and Endless Ammunition.

Bandits: Kill all.

The playstyle is straight forward; kill normal enemies with your main skill to gain onslaught and replenish quicksilver flask charges.
And drop your Ballistae on tankier enemies.

Progression:
*Note: refer to Pob for all gems and what level to start using them*

We level as a multi-elemental bow based ranger, I have greatly optimized the passive tree for you to enjoy a very fast leveling experience.

For our main skills, we start with Galvanic Arrow and a Galvanic Arrow Ballista setup to supplement the single target.

At level 12, we replace both Galvanic Arrows with Rain of Arrow.
At level 28, we replace the Ballista setup with Artillery Ballista.

We use this setup until 3rd lab where we swap our main skill with Tornado Shot/Lightning arrow/Ice shot.

In terms of gear progression, during the campaign, use whatever high elemental dps bow you find on the ground, if you get extra essences, alchemys or binding orbs, buy a high attack rate bow base from the vendor and use the currency on it until you're happy with what you get.

As soon as you can afford these uniques, absolutely buy them: Prismweave and Karui Ward. They will carry you until red maps no problem and you can equip them at level 25 / 5 respectively.

At act 5 you receive a flask reward, pick the granite flask, soon after you will grab the flask duration and flask effect node, this will tremendously improve your effective HP, make sure to press (and craft) your flasks, we get a lot of power and speed from them. Initially, you don't care too much about the rolls on your flask, as long as they don't have any of the less duration prefix modifier.

In early maps, we want to start looking on trade for Tanu Ahi and either a good elemental DPS bow, or a bow with high base attack rate and a fractured added fire, cold or lightning damage, the higher the better. Then we use an essence of wrath, hatred or anger on our fractured bow until we hit either 3 elemental modifiers or attack speed, and bench craft the one we're missing.

If done right, this setup can easily carry you into red maps.

The transition to Crit:

Do not transition to crit too early. Wait until you are at least level 75 AND have these items:

A decent elemental dps bow with either crit or an open suffix to craft crit.
Hyrri's Truth Jade Amulet (try and get a semi decent roll if they are not too expensive)
2 Rings with Non-Channeling Skills have -7 to total mana cost
A rare evasion based body armour or helmet (or both) with reservation efficiency on it.

You can roll reservation efficiency with Essences of loathing for both and/or you can use Lesser Eldritch Ichor to roll reservation efficiency as an implicit on the helmet.

Skill Gems and Links:
Spoiler
*Just refer to the PoB. I added multiple skill sets, item sets and trees, all labelled with their corresponding progression stage for ease of navigation.

Endgame:
Spoiler
Pantheon:
Major God: Arakaali with at least Armala
Minor God: Abberath for burning ground immunity for Exarch altar farming or Yugul for everything else.

Gear:
*Refer to the Pob for different item sets

You have many slots for rare items which makes gearing easy.

You should use evasion or evasion hybrid bases so that you can use the evasion mastery that gives +15% chance to suppress spell damage.

The stats you care for the most are life, strength(up to 155), intelligence(up to 111), resistances (especially chaos), accuracy.

You want an open prefix on your ring, helmet and body armour to craft
-mana cost of non-channeling skills on rings and %phys taken as fire on helmet / body armour.
You also need onslaught on kill on your boot. You can either buy a pair with the mod and decent life/resist or buy a pair with an open prefix and no movement speed to bench craft the mod yourself (crafted version give less movement speed though).

If you want to min max further, there are many variations of dmg scaling you can choose from, whether its the omniscience setup, the phys to cold heatshiver setup, the frenzy charge stacking with the raider node from forbidden flame/flesh or the power charge stacking with badge of the brotherhood with the raider node from forbidden flesh/flame.

So many variations! In fact too many to cover all of them in this guide.
I will update the Endgame aspirational PoB once I have more time throughout the league.

Build is going really well, in yellow maps so far. Only downside is I could use a little more survivability, but still doing really well. Still working on my gems, maximizing DPS, and going to be updating my rings tonight as they are pure trash.

Current gear
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Brian9824 um 11.12.2023, 07:53:11
Do you get any rage from warlords mark?
In my case that practically does not work, maybe later will be better.
"
merlinshlag schrieb:
Hello, how do we generate rage so we can use berserk ? I didn't understand

EDIT : I found that warlord's mark is giving us rage, but since i'm not stunning ennemies it seems berserk is almost never up

"
Laskolnyk schrieb:
Do you get any rage from warlords mark?
In my case that practically does not work, maybe later will be better.

you have to use the tincture ascendancy and use stun tincture
Do you mean something like this?
Nicht verfügbar

Does not help a lot ;f
Einige Gegenstände in diesem Beitrag sind zur Zeit nicht verfügbar.
Does anybody notice that TS has the same amount of proj in tooltip with 20 qual and 0 qual. in both cases its 3. But gem says it must be 4.... wtf

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: