[3.8] Poet's Pen Volatile dead, Budget,BLIGHT FARMER, HOGM, SHAPER, UBER - DOWN

Spoiler
"
masonjeans schrieb:
Slightly different way to play this:

I went soul tether + doryani's jewel + spirit offering for 50% (!) of my life as ES, coupled with vaal pact overleech.

That leaves me with 6.5k life, 3.5k es, and incredible sustain. I should be able to get up to 7.5k life and 4-4.5k ES once it's finished.

It's crazy tanky and I would strongly recommend it as an alternative if you're looking for a little more beefiness. Vaal pact + overleech + cwdt spirit offer + cinderswallow regen feels super strong and I actually think this might be one of the most efficient ways in the game (besides mana guardian) to maximize your total hp pool right now.

You really need all the key pieces (watchers eye, kaom's heart, soul tether, doryani jewel, insanity gloves, and xoph's) for it to really come together, but boy does it perform (unlike my pc lolol) once you get all that.

The main pathing tree change is to drop some life nodes to path out to pain attunement for the doryani's glorious vanity, because otherwise you'll be blowing dozens of divines trying to roll one that does ruin your tree in the MoM slot. Ask me how I know this :(

I think the most important cheap upgrade for this whole build is the insanity gloves. They're not hard to get - the essence and fingerless gloves should cost you like 14c. I would prioritize getting that before most other items, it just makes the ramp up feel so much smoother and therefore lets you

Im not into all of the legion mechanics, gloves with AS can be good idea but you kinda need resistances so rolling fingerlesess with those essences could be expensive
What would you consider to be GG OP expensive gear to put on this?
If you could have 30-40ex budget, aiming for pure blighted t15 map farming, what would you consider running?

I love the idea of the tankiness version masonjeans suggested, coupled with consumed corpse for infinite attack speed...

I've a witch lvl 95 now, and running necro zombies. Getting a little slower on t15's compared to t12/t13's.

6k life with 5k ES, so looking perhaps to keep something similar.
Just faster clear speed, and perhaps actually doing something other than managing zombies :)
"
If you could have 30-40ex budget, aiming for pure blighted t15 map farming, what would you consider running?

I love the idea of the tankiness version masonjeans suggested, coupled with consumed corpse for infinite attack speed...

I've a witch lvl 95 now, and running necro zombies. Getting a little slower on t15's compared to t12/t13's.

Just faster clear speed, and perhaps actually doing something other than managing zombies :)

I would hesitate to pick this build as a dedicate blighted map farmer.

Not because it's mechanically bad at it from a purely build perspective, it's actually *phenomenal* at clearing blights... when it doesn't crash or lag into unplayability.

The performance issues are real and they're at their worst in blighted maps. People make jokes about poe being hard to see, but you *literally* can't see what is happening when you are going full tilt in a blight with this build. Your screen is just a wash of orange and dynamic resolution will make the game look like minecraft.

If you have a really beefy pc it might not be so bad, but there's still a decent bit of server slowdown that you can't do anything about.

As far as GG/OP gear: the usual - corruptions, level 21 gems, level 4 enlighten and squeezing in aspect of the spider, really good insanity gloves, the VD enchant, cooldown reduction, etc. If you go my route the doryani's jewel is the massive wildcard, and if you pour 20ex worth of divines into one you might end up with some crazy combos. You could get something like 4x ritual of immolation, a ton of max res and life, or even a huge amount of block. The sky's pretty much the limit with those things but it's really hard to build around.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von masonjeans um 25.09.2019, 19:18:48
Spoiler
"
masonjeans schrieb:
"

I would hesitate to pick this build as a dedicate blighted map farmer.

Not because it's mechanically bad at it from a purely build perspective, it's actually *phenomenal* at clearing blights... when it doesn't crash or lag into unplayability.

The performance issues are real and they're at their worst in blighted maps. People make jokes about poe being hard to see, but you *literally* can't see what is happening when you are going full tilt in a blight with this build. Your screen is just a wash of orange and dynamic resolution will make the game look like minecraft.

If you have a really beefy pc it might not be so bad, but there's still a decent bit of server slowdown that you can't do anything about.

As far as GG/OP gear: the usual - corruptions, level 21 gems, level 4 enlighten and squeezing in aspect of the spider, really good insanity gloves, the VD enchant, cooldown reduction, etc. If you go my route the doryani's jewel is the massive wildcard, and if you pour 20ex worth of divines into one you might end up with some crazy combos. You could get something like 4x ritual of immolation, a ton of max res and life, or even a huge amount of block. The sky's pretty much the limit with those things but it's really hard to build around.

Actually GGG is making fixes to the fps spikes with blight, but yeah you have to have good pc to play this build.

GG gear?

1. Corrupted kaoms herat with inc dmg
2. Fingerless Silk Gloves with AS and some dmg nodes
3. 120 + life abyss belt with nice gem (HP + DMG)
4. 35% movement speed boots with dmg nodes
5. Elder Vermillion Ring with needed nodes (+Hp)
6. 21/23 gems
7. Bone helmet with prop. lab enchant and %Life
8. +1 curse xoph's blood
9. Corruped poet's pens with ele dmg penetration or as
10. Jewels with %life + AS
11. Elder Jewel with Mods for Ash, Anger, Zealotry

etc :P
sweet, thanks guys.

I've got the PC hardware to throw at this, only recently build a monster.

I'll have a look at the gear on the trade site and see what it'll cost :)
any suggestions for golem and helmlet enchant?
quick question, regarding ascendancy, VD poet pens were good with elementalist. What happened exactly that necromancer is way better now ? I mean i see the ascendancy gives some boost to attack speed and stuff, but is it that much better compared to pendulum from elementalist, area damage, mana reservation, immunity to reflect and stuff like this ?
"
kaka0wy schrieb:
any suggestions for golem and helmlet enchant?

AS golem is the best

helmet enchant - additional corpse or auras enchants :)
"
AcidCitrus schrieb:
quick question, regarding ascendancy, VD poet pens were good with elementalist. What happened exactly that necromancer is way better now ? I mean i see the ascendancy gives some boost to attack speed and stuff, but is it that much better compared to pendulum from elementalist, area damage, mana reservation, immunity to reflect and stuff like this ?

Necro doesn't give "some" attack speed. It gives like 200% increased attack speed.

That alone would probably make it great, but it also gives 10% more damage, 20% increased damage taken by enemies, and enemies deal 10% less damage. Those are very significant stats too. Offerings affect you is also nice, and it gives you 90% increased damage if you take spiritual aid. Even if you strip out the attack speed, it still gives you some juicy offensive and defensive stats.

But really, it's the attack speed. Necro allows you to actually hit the attack speed cap on the pens now, which is super important.

Elementalist is also just not very good. I don't recall it ever being the best poet pen choice (outside of maybe that one patch where elementalist was just overbuffed) - it gives you a bunch of decent raw damage stats but that's pretty much it, and pen builds usually need other qol more than raw damage. I think elementalist is pretty bad right now in general unless you're specifically building around ignite or golems. Pendulum and shaper are just garbage nodes that feel terrible to take.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von masonjeans um 30.09.2019, 09:16:07
i made some changes :)
replaced my old ring with

- so i can switch place here my VAAL RF

now i have free slot that i can replace with Curse on hit + Flammability also if you wan more mana ang play smoothly you can put in enligten

also you can play with it and made sth like it

(however its worse than normal ASH because no quality)
Zuletzt bearbeitet von bkj1 um 30.09.2019, 18:14:34

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: