[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

right now im playing a trickster CA build, dot focused, bit different tree and such, but i gotta say trickster feels pretty squishy compared to raiders.

the poor thing is, with trickster Ghost Dance, it states it gives 20% more evasion rating while on full energy shield. while raider gets 25% more evasion CHANCE. vastly different.
basically more evasion rating while you have say 20,000 only amounts to 24,000 which could only be a difference of 4% evade chance, while raider gets 25% more evade chance, so if you already have 60% it boosts you up to 75%. enormous and important difference.

so while i feel trickster probably has slightly more damage, and it definitely has the benefit of great regen....raider has way more defenses in way of not getting hit to begin with.

in delve i played a toxic rain raider with 8.5k life etc and it was great, except for when i did get hit it was difficult to top myself back up with just flasks and such, especially in delve.

so its hard to say which i'd prefer. trickster regen when i get hit, though getting hit significantly more often. or raider higher avoidance but much worse sustain.
"
DankawSL schrieb:

"
Luanvt schrieb:
Spoiler
Hello, so I've just bought this boy from poe.trade, my question is can I just Craft "Cannot roll attack mod" then slam an Exalted Orb to get +1 bow? Or I have to scouring it and recraft all again. Thank you.

I assume this is standard. Yep, you can do it. +1 7-link is still better than +3 bow without non-ailment chaos DoT. Not that big of dps increase but still an increase.

Nope. It's Betrayal league SC. I'm following your "Alt -> Regal Crafting Method (7-link) Elder Bow crafting" in first page since it seem affordable and easy for me with zero crafting experience (my first league). Was looking for 6 link elder bow and bought that bow for 1 ex, hope it could save me tons of alt orbs at step 1. But still not sure at step 3: scour and return to step 1, or head up to step 4. It scare me to use 2 ex when I only have 3 left :).

So in my case I should head for step 6a, and when I have enough currency, I can remove crafted mod and go for more Expensive version, right? Post it again just to be sure :)

Spoiler

Btw thanks for a great build, last night with this bow above, I can run up to T15 map, slow and safe though, die sometimes due to hard mod/boss. And finally first time face a guardian - chimera, cant beat him though :). Still weak with 5k3 life at lvl 86, CA still lvl 19, I hope to get 6k at lvl 94. Could you please look up at my char and suggest what I need to upgrade for survivability, please. Thank you.
Do you have an updated PoB for this? Thanks for the guide.
Just Let Me Sleep.
"
Shakmin schrieb:

FAQ: What do you think about Impresence amulet? What about Despair aura?
A: It's a good amulet that's usually quite expensive. It's main attribute is 0 mana reservation for Despair and really good stats. However it's not worth it's cost. Everything should be dead before it gets into range of Despair Aura. For bosses we use Cursed Frenzy setup.

The stats on amulet are good but it's possible to craft better one with Essence of Envy on a better base.

"
xMustard schrieb:
Spoiler
right now im playing a trickster CA build, dot focused, bit different tree and such, but i gotta say trickster feels pretty squishy compared to raiders.

the poor thing is, with trickster Ghost Dance, it states it gives 20% more evasion rating while on full energy shield. while raider gets 25% more evasion CHANCE. vastly different.
basically more evasion rating while you have say 20,000 only amounts to 24,000 which could only be a difference of 4% evade chance, while raider gets 25% more evade chance, so if you already have 60% it boosts you up to 75%. enormous and important difference.

so while i feel trickster probably has slightly more damage, and it definitely has the benefit of great regen....raider has way more defenses in way of not getting hit to begin with.

in delve i played a toxic rain raider with 8.5k life etc and it was great, except for when i did get hit it was difficult to top myself back up with just flasks and such, especially in delve.

so its hard to say which i'd prefer. trickster regen when i get hit, though getting hit significantly more often. or raider higher avoidance but much worse sustain.

I see you're doing the Tarke's build (that was based on mine). He missed some keypoints tho, mostly the more evasion part of the Trickster that makes the Watcher's Eye... being kinda wasted here. He doesn't pick up very strong evasion/hp nodes either. Basically his defence is killing everything on sight with AoE (no conc effect + Carcass Jack + Dying Sun). Meanwhile Raider is actually ridiculously tanky and gets better the more investment you do.

The life recovery part is easy - that's why i use 2 flasks instead of one. Any time you get hit by something, pop flask once and regen will do the rest. I still love to invest into more regen and getting ~10-12% (which is considerable amount) is quite easy. Marble Amulet, 3% regen flask and elder belt with life recovery rate. You could spice it up even more, but i don't think there's a point. Life on Kill is great during mapping.

Basically, Trickster's strength is just damage (in fact, A LOT of damage, ~40%). However i always favored Raider for the defence it gives.

"
LunaTie schrieb:
Spoiler
Nope. It's Betrayal league SC. I'm following your "Alt -> Regal Crafting Method (7-link) Elder Bow crafting" in first page since it seem affordable and easy for me with zero crafting experience (my first league). Was looking for 6 link elder bow and bought that bow for 1 ex, hope it could save me tons of alt orbs at step 1. But still not sure at step 3: scour and return to step 1, or head up to step 4. It scare me to use 2 ex when I only have 3 left :).

So in my case I should head for step 6a, and when I have enough currency, I can remove crafted mod and go for more Expensive version, right? Post it again just to be sure :)

Spoiler

Btw thanks for a great build, last night with this bow above, I can run up to T15 map, slow and safe though, die sometimes due to hard mod/boss. And finally first time face a guardian - chimera, cant beat him though :). Still weak with 5k3 life at lvl 86, CA still lvl 19, I hope to get 6k at lvl 94. Could you please look up at my char and suggest what I need to upgrade for survivability, please. Thank you.

With 0 challenges account it's quite natural to think you're in softcore permanent.

Scour and try again. In order for elder bow to be better than your normal +3 bow with crafted chaos DoT multiplier, you need all 3 prefixes. Currently 1 of them is useless, and you have only 1 suffix which basically means 1 more exalt slam is required. The base of the bow is quite awful as well, so... I would suggest selling it and make a normal +3 bow. Seriously, it's incredibly cheap and good, you don't need strongest weapon right away.

Your gear in general is really good (i would love to use these gloves), but as usual... Flasks. Classic mistake. Change them to recommended setup. You should aim for Watcher's Eye, Dying Sun and 30% CA duration helmet enchantment. From gems you only need Vaal Grace. That's kinda it.

Well there's one more, you use Loreweave. Just a warning, you might need to invest more into evasion to reach evasion cap. 100% increased evasion flask might be required. It is a great chest tho.

"
tirirism schrieb:
Do you have an updated PoB for this? Thanks for the guide.

Yes, PoB and every important part of the guide is updated to 3.5 patch. Don't tell me you haven't seen big "Path of Building" header...
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Was thinking about the (30-40)% increased Damage over Time, that doesn't work on the caustic ground?
Read more carefully, the answer to this question is already inside the FAQ i quoted.

To expand, with introduction of chaos DoT multiplier and elder amulets you can craft an amulet with double the damage Impresence has to offer with some bonus stats on top.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von DankawSL um 11.01.2019, 12:06:11
Hello!
How do you pass "no regen mana" maps? Just mana flasks?
I simply had Divination Distillate in my inventory and i swapped one of my utility flasks for it. Also used Mirage Archer to help out a bit since i had no quality on the flask. Otherwise, just a simple mana flask, that's all you need.
is the Prefix Non-ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier better or Is Vicious projectile better? cause i was able to craft a +3 bow but i hit the Vicious projectile and i dont wanna gamble to annul it in case i mess up my +1 +2 prefix? please advice.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: