[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
basta1982 schrieb:
just crafted a preztty sweet quiver for myself

That thing is beautiful! Mind if I ask how you went about the craft?
"
So I think I'm going to reroll tomorrow and thought i'd post my thoughts and experience on how league starting this build went for me, if it helps anyone else looking to play or currently playing this.

Leveling was pretty tragic to begin with, as the guide said it was. I picked up shrapnel ballista early on to help with single target along side of CA and that worked for me all the way up to maps. I was lucky and got a maraketh chest in act 5 and landed a 5-linked maraketh bow and it came with damage over time so i threw chaos damage over time onto it and ran with that until maps. Little did i realize rolling +1 socketed gems would beat both those mods (I knew gem levels were best, but didn't think just a +1 would beat out 2 damage over time mods). I also somehow ended up socketing 2 pierce gems so I was technically on a 4 link throughout the rest of the campaign and into maps.

Going into yellow maps, I picked up 40% CA damage enchant and 5L +2 bow maraketh bow and a hunter influenced quiver for the damage over time mod which I've all still been using right up to now in T14/15's with 16 Watchstones at the moment. I also didn't get uber lab until level 89 and 14 watchstones. Hopefully this wall of text helps anyone having trouble with the build.

tl;dr:
Map clearing was fine, everything insta dies, just not big aoe.

Single target for 99% of map bosses is fine, maybe 5-6 seconds.

Watchstone Guardians are also fine, Drox can be annoying since you have to DoT down his flags, so by the time your DoTs finally clear them, hes resummoning more, helps to stack him on top of the last couple flags.

Sirus the Awakener (16 keystones): Got him to half hp fairly quickly/easily and using a DoT made it easy to dps and dodge, but then died 5 times in a row trying to dodge the big insta death zones because everytime I'd try to damage him he'd just re-phase into the air :(

Metamorphs were similar to map bosses, however, rolling hexproof + resists chaos + high life regen made some painfully slow/impossible.

Super useful comment. Thank you very much!
Hey mostly just wanted to say thanks for the great and detailed guide. Love the layout.

If you have a spare minute I'd love for you to check out my character and see if there's anything super obvious I can do to improve it. I know I need a 6L bow (didn't know about the desert map card farming thing) so I'll probably try to save up for that. Oh and the chaos damage over time craft on the bow, how do I get that?

Only took 120 alts :D

Do i craft suffixes cannot be changed, scour then follow the crafting guide again?

Builds doing great, btw. Only level 50 atm, but its working its magic. ST is a slight issue but i'd assume it'll work itself out with the levels.

Thanks for the guide!
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Mech_ um 17.12.2019, 18:43:32
Great build loving it so far, been using the pathfinder variant in sc and continually impressed by late-game defence. I see why they called damage mediocre, but I haven't gotten my +3 bow crafted yet and am using Silverbough as a budget option. For pathfinder I found that I was able to get elemental immunity off the master nodes, anti-bleed on life flask, and an enduring mana flask of warding was something I wanted to mess around with.

After playing with it I realized with pathfinder's flask sustain I was able to maintain the mana pool allowing me to maintain even more mana so I'm using dread banner for the line "Nearby Enemies have (15-21)% less Accuracy Rating" I still have the clarity in my inventory as an option but I'm 100% fine without it. This may be worth other classes' consideration also. That and I switched out frenzy in favour of ensnaring arrow, the slow and damage multiplier, on top of aspect of the spider is also a great way of keeping enemies in our cloud.

Just crafted this beast.
"
Jouchebag schrieb:

Just crafted this beast.

Congrats! A monster of a bow you crafted!
May I ask how you go about getting the 6L bow? Did you just farm desert / dunes without opening any other maps? I am doing this right now but find the only two maps quite boring to be honest.. I am thinking about opening a few higher maps on other Atlas directions but not sure whether this will mess up my RNG?
Thanks!
"
MrMustang schrieb:
"
basta1982 schrieb:

Started with single abberant fossils for the 2 dot-multi-suffixes on a ilvl82+ hunter penetrating arrow quiver. In my case i had global crit multi as third suffix, which i got rid off with an annulment. The prefixes i deleted with suffixes cannot be changed and a scouring. Then i crafted cannot roll attack mods und slammed exalts and repeated the process until i had a decent a liferoll. Then i slammed two more times with cannot roll attack mods for the maximum chaos resistance and pierce mod. The only other prefixes which could roll this way is movement speed, which would have been nice as well. - So you basically just need to make sure to get a decent life roll at prefixes, because all other possible rolls are decent anyways. Last step: Divining and benchcrafting attack speed.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von basta1982 um 17.12.2019, 22:39:19
"
basta1982 schrieb:
"
MrMustang schrieb:
"
basta1982 schrieb:

Started with single abberant fossils for the 2 dot-multi-suffixes on a ilvl82+ hunter penetrating arrow quiver. In my case i had global crit multi as third suffix, which i got rid off with an annulment. The prefixes i deleted with suffixes cannot be changed and a scouring. Then i crafted cannot roll attack mods und slammed exalts and repeated the process until i had a decent a liferoll. Then i slammed two more times with cannot roll attack mods for the maximum chaos resistance and pierce mod. The only other prefixes which could roll this way is movement speed, which would have been nice as well. - So you basically just need to make sure to get a decent life roll at prefixes, because all other possible rolls are decent anyways. Last step: Divining and benchcrafting attack speed.

Thanks for the insight. Some of the new influence mods are awesome.
hey,
Corroded + Metallic + Jagged
not working anymore?

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: