3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

"
rhah schrieb:
"
Mentalmike schrieb:
Unfortunately I do not have any recording capabilities.

So Phase 1 of the fight (Kill shaper to 50% hp)- Really easy, no problem.
Phase 2 (running through the map) is really easy however the boss is really tanky and if I am not careful can kill me but i wouldnt say it is a challenge.
Phase 3 (back to Shaper and you have to get him down to 25% health) His health usually around 75%-80% for me - Easy but it can get tricky with the vortex's. Killing him becomes slower for some reason.
Phase 4 (running through the map) is really easy. HOWEVER the boss is bloody tanky and can very easily kill me if he lands 2 hits on me in succession.
Phase 5 (final phase with Shaper) His health is usually around the 50-60% mark for me. Initially it is easy but he is very tanky. The vortexs keep spawning at around 1-2 every 5-10s it is insane. I am able to get him down to around 20-30% HP however it just stagnates there, I am unable to deal any damage to him.

Do the vortex's debuff your damage? If so that makes full sense. Because it takes soo long to damage him, the map is plastered with vortex's I counted 45 vortex's on my map on my 2nd attempt (30 on my first, managed to survive alot longer on my 2nd).

His life just does not move when i manage to hit him, albeit due to the vortex's accumulating i get very few opportunities to hit him. So it does diminish over time. However the beginning i get nearly entirety of my time hitting/burning him and it still goes down so slowly.

No. You deal the same amount of damage through all stages. There are no debuffs.

Looking at your gear, your dps should be very good. The problem is that you are running around too much and not dealing damage.

It's hard to give advice here, but, generally, what you wanna do is this:

You need to stay on him and shield charge his face nonstop to keep EO up. When you see a vortex coming your way, shield charge at it, to pop it away from shaper, and then quickly shield charge back to shaper. You also want to try and keep vortexes away from center, especially from the place where Zana holds her bubble. When you see a vortex globe hanging on the side of the map, jump to it before it starts moving, it'll pop on the side.

You should switch to Brightbeak, it'll make it much easier to dodge stuff and to deal with vortexes. It will also make it easier to keep EO up, it's important here because you often can't stay on shaper for long.

You can also watch this video of me killing shaper in 3.0: https://youtu.be/mKfw5I53Jeg

Shaper is a skill based fight, it takes time to get a hang of it. Just keep trying.

Thank you for your advice, It is purely the vortex's which cause the need to keep running around, especially if too many accumulate on the map. I generally manage to keep the centre clear but it does reach a point where I can no longer stay still as there are no 'safe spots' (i.e. vortex free) sections left.

Watching the videos people manage to amass no more than <10 vortexes, however i very easily and extremely quickly amasss more than that. This is including popping them on the side of the map.

As you say will keep trying, triggering EO is incredibly hard, that is granted, with Brightbeak, my crit chance is 18%. Hopefully that is normalish (I have level 19 crit gem, so at 23%Q and level 20 should top 20%??)
Hey i got to maps and now i seam to die alot. Am i missing something Here is my current gear.

Spoiler

"
UnclePOE schrieb:
Hey i got to maps and now i seam to die alot. Am i missing something Here is my current gear.

Spoiler

It's your flask: The Sorrow of the Divine

Zealot's Oath: "Life Regeneration is applied to Energy Shield instead"

upgrade to these flasks

core:

defensive or clearspeed:

I'd also use faster attacks instead of culling strike in gloves, at least until you get gloves with faster attacks as an affix. And get a better helmet. An elder one with burning damage, and maybe concentrated effect. It'll increase your damage by quite a bit, and shouldn't cost a lot, especially if you get one with only BD.
Hey, this just dropped for me and I wanted to give it a shout-out:

It has a little bit of attack speed, which takes the edge off from losing Brightbeak, and has 50% elemental damage and +1 to gems. I won't say no to 3% more experience either! The only real pain was losing the resists, but that's just PoE for you.

So far I've found it a nice compromise of utility and DPS and it'll help you level a tiny bit quicker. Good stuff.
"
Shaboom schrieb:
Hey, this just dropped for me and I wanted to give it a shout-out:

It has a little bit of attack speed, which takes the edge off from losing Brightbeak, and has 50% elemental damage and +1 to gems. I won't say no to 3% more experience either! The only real pain was losing the resists, but that's just PoE for you.

So far I've found it a nice compromise of utility and DPS and it'll help you level a tiny bit quicker. Good stuff.

You are giving up a 3rd of your attack speed, and a good chunk of resists. You will level slower, and lose dps because you won't be able to keep EO up.
Spoiler

What would you upgrade next from here? Thinking on jewels, but I can run just about any map setup with this, at 81% max fire res without a flask up.
Edit: helmet enchant is a WiP, doing the 100 labs for 40/40 hoping to get some form of SR/RF enchant.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Pallumx um 18.01.2018, 23:16:35

Any advice on what to improve without spending a hundred exalt? The main problem here is that my lighting and cold res aren't quite maxed, and I could use a better helmet but they're at least 40ex for RF dmg + burning damage, I only have 10 or so to spend.
"
Mang0las schrieb:

Any advice on what to improve without spending a hundred exalt? The main problem here is that my lighting and cold res aren't quite maxed, and I could use a better helmet but they're at least 40ex for RF dmg + burning damage, I only have 10 or so to spend.

Essence crafted helmet, essence crafted gloves, elder stygian with % recovery.

Btw, since you have Faster Attacks on your gloves as an affix, you can change FA gem to something else, like Culling Strike.
"
Pallumx schrieb:
Spoiler

What would you upgrade next from here? Thinking on jewels, but I can run just about any map setup with this, at 81% max fire res without a flask up.
Edit: helmet enchant is a WiP, doing the 100 labs for 40/40 hoping to get some form of SR/RF enchant.

You gave up too much clear speed for that extra damage. There is no point in killing bosses faster if you gonna spend twice as much time clearing the map.

I'd switch balefire to brightbeak. Try to essence craft elder gloves with faster attacks. Kaom's roots boots. Essence crafted marble amulet. Essence crafted helmet with just the burning damage on it, and switch to your current helmet for bosses only.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: