[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

"
Inkaflare schrieb:
-The additional arrow corruption is very useful. If you have it and Dying Sun (gets an additional projectile with %Flask effect) you get 5 arrows without GMP, which means that you can drop the AoE clear setup completely and use your single target setup for clear as well.
=

That sounds amazing. Dying Sun might be my next purchase.

Anyone here using this setup this league yet? Do you just not weapon swap at all then?
Does Blood Rage add a decent amount of life leech/survivability for this build?
"
Does Blood Rage add a decent amount of life leech/survivability for this build?

It adds exactly 0 survivability because it's physical attack damage leech and your physical attack part does like 200 damage. You won't leech off the explosions, only the initial arrows impacting.
It does give you passive Frenzy charge generation but I wouldn't give up most of HP regen for that.
"
theorangeshield schrieb:
"
Inkaflare schrieb:
-The additional arrow corruption is very useful. If you have it and Dying Sun (gets an additional projectile with %Flask effect) you get 5 arrows without GMP, which means that you can drop the AoE clear setup completely and use your single target setup for clear as well.
=

Anyone here using this setup this league yet? Do you just not weapon swap at all then?

This was my plan as well, with the flask uptime I don't think it's worth buying a second Quill just for convenience, better off spending that money on a flask.
"
theorangeshield schrieb:
"
Inkaflare schrieb:
=

and die to reflect creep ;)

good call mate.
Btw - anytime u r able to get emp lvl 4 - use it instead of slowerproj. lvl 4 emp got better multiplier
I actually just ran some quick calculations for this.
Assuming lv21 gems (lv4 in Empower's case), Slower projectiles still wins, which is great because it's cheaper.
Empower 4 is 39.76% more damage on Explosive Arrow, while Slower Projectiles is 30% more projectile damage. However, the difference is that Empower only increases the initial Explosive Arrow damage, while Slower projectiles double dips on the ignite, which ends up being 69% more damage in total (initial hit + ignite).
"
Inkaflare schrieb:
Assuming lv21 gems (lv4 in Empower's case), Slower projectiles still wins, which is great because it's cheaper.
Empower 4 is 39.76% more damage on Explosive Arrow, while Slower Projectiles is 30% more projectile damage. However, the difference is that Empower only increases the initial Explosive Arrow damage, while Slower projectiles double dips on the ignite, which ends up being 69% more damage in total (initial hit + ignite).

Just wanna clarify something, I know that the explosion is a Secondary damage type; but isn't the ignite damage still gets derived from that same explosion and not the initial hit? Which if that's the case, benefited from the higher gem rank due to higher damage per fuse hence the double dipping applies either way?
"
"
Inkaflare schrieb:

Just wanna clarify something, I know that the explosion is a Secondary damage type; but isn't the ignite damage still gets derived from that same explosion and not the initial hit? Which if that's the case, benefited from the higher gem rank due to higher damage per fuse hence the double dipping applies either way?

When I said "initial Explosive Arrow damage" I was actually referring to the explosion (the arrow's impact damage is basically 0). Thus you are right that Empower increases the explosion's damage, which is what I was referring to which is increased by 39.76%. The ignite scales off this damage, as you said. This means that in total you will deal 39.75% more damage, as both the explosion and ignite are increased by that amount. This is NOT double dipping though. It's simply the ignite being bigger because the initial hit was bigger. The 39.75% are not applied twice.
The double dipping comes in with Slower Projectiles: it increases the explosion damage by 30% (as the explosion is scaled with projectile damage), which in turn means the ignite deals 30% more damage as well being based on the explosion. However, the ignite damage is now again icnreased by 30% because projectile damage double dips.
This means that the ignite is increased by 30% because the initial hit was bigger and another multiplicative 30% because proectile damage double dips and applies again to the ignite.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Inkaflare um 18.03.2017, 18:42:13
Noob question here: when to use + arrow rearguard vs. fire damage leeched as life. Which is for general clear vs. single target? Thx!
I used +arrow for all situations, I never switched quivers. Did the strat for 2 six link quill rains but had +1 rearguard for both.
I played this last league, did all content shaper, uber atziri, etc. It was pretty strong build.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: