[2.6] Explosive Arrow Pathfinder W/Videos -HC Endgame Mapping, Grandmasters, T16 Guardian Guides

Sorry guys I've had to take a break from a lot of this game recently. I'm thinking about updating the first post so that it's easier to update between leagues, especially with double dipping being removed, but I haven't had time to put serious effort into this game in a while.

"
Hey i got a question, should i use elemental focus for all atziri bosses or just on atziri's ?.
BTW now i'm using devoto's devotion helmet so i was wondering is it better to use a rare with some resistances or stay with this one ?

for regular atziri, you only put ele focus for atziri, the first vaal and the first 2 of the trio can be ignited, and that will kill them quickly.

You're really flexible on helmet, devoto's is good, rare helmet with resists accuracy is good, the gull is good. really it's all upto you here.

"
Oilure schrieb:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USWgn-17v5Q

EE not worth it?

There are faulty examples he's giving here.
-Basically saying that your damage would be lower on clear with EE doesn't actually matter when you're already killing things in 2-3 stacks in either case. lowering single target damage for extra aoe damage you don't really need.

-The situation with the strand bosses also isn't good because A) they don't have that high a health pool in any case for it to matter one way or the other. B) missing an arrow that hits the wall usually means that arrow explodes before you're done stacking because arrows on walls don't stack and therefore explode while you're refreshing on the enemy. It's likely more than 95% of the time you'll get the full EE fire weakness. Talking about inconsistency, the ash effect of the amulet is less consistent than EE for a ranged fast moving and clearing character.

-Extra flask charges when you're clearing fast has diminishing returns when you fill up during flask effect anyway.

-In order for 20% pen to be more than -50% res is when the enemy is way over capped for res, which is incredibly hard with the current mods we have on maps.

-Taking those items means slower clearspeed on EE maps, which is a good map mod to have.

Ultimately he's gaining damage in situations you shouldn't have trouble with. If all you wanna do is clear strand you're fine with EE or without it. if you want to go on to guardians and shaper and tanky bosses, as long as burn damage is a huge source of the damage for the build, You gotta take EE.

You can do what you want, but as far as I can tell from the video, he's removing EE to get marginal improvements in small areas that the build doesn't have any trouble with alreadyand to wear xoph's amulet and potentially sybill's (even though we agree that it's not necessary) at the cost of the highest end of single target damage. It likely won't matter for 90% of this game weather you take EE or not, but I value EE's damage in the tougher fights in this game more than I value the extra aoe damage he is going for. If you really want xoph's amulet and bowyer that badly over everything else then go for it I guess.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von dingis um 18.04.2017, 14:40:11
hi! im really enjoying this build,but im not so good with gear and upgrades.. any idea what i should upgrade first? i have about 2ex
"
Awgust schrieb:
hi! im really enjoying this build,but im not so good with gear and upgrades.. any idea what i should upgrade first? i have about 2ex

Kaom's heart instead of BoTB, +1 arrow on quiver, then optional dying sun.
+1 arrow on quiver i may get from using vaal orb on quiver? Or there is other way ?

Do my rings make my dmg worse?

Zuletzt bearbeitet von mrsha01 um 19.04.2017, 08:06:10
"
mrsha01 schrieb:
+1 arrow on quiver i may get from using vaal orb on quiver? Or there is other way ?

Do my rings make my dmg worse?

rings are ok, its only fire damage that stops EE working, you need the lightning damage to proc it the physical damage one does nothing for the build.

yes try vaaling the quiver first but its a slim chance of success.

i got the big items in this order kaoms > 6link > +1 arrow quiver > dying sun

then get all your resistances to 169% in ho with life on everything. then work on fire damage opal rings

+6/7% life jewels with fire or projectile/area damage.

Be patient and polite when buying and you can usually get some money off the expensive items.
#StandardLivesMatter
Anyone test
out this yet? I know this is Amulet is good for Melee. But this one could help a little more faster to take down boss on t16 map? Its 20% increased Fire damage taken and 20% less movement speed of enemy.
IGN: tauthichme
Zuletzt bearbeitet von badaovn um 19.04.2017, 11:13:12
"
badaovn schrieb:
Anyone test
out this yet? I know this is Amulet is good for Melee. But this one could help a little more faster to take down boss on t16 map? Its 20% increased Fire damage taken and 20% less movement speed of enemy.

I haven't, I don't know how long that buff lasts for, but I usually don't try to get hit often by the t16s in hardcore, so I don't know the upkeep on that buff.

BTW I updated the front post with a build summary for the basics, this is probably what I'll update from patch to patch assuming the build survives, I'll edit the rest of the topic later for more detailed things since it's becoming severely out dated, but I' don't have time to rewrite the entire guide right now.

If you think there's anything that I should add to the summary let me know. I kinda just threw it together. I put in a basic path of building code with a tree and gear.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von dingis um 19.04.2017, 22:04:38
Soo. Second char in HC and I'm lvl 42 now.

Have my 2 Quill Rain 4 link setups running and try to look out for some gear :-)

Never played Explosive Arrow before.. I think I will enjoy it.

Edit:

After some progress I'm running just 1 Setup at the moment

EA - GMP - Fire Pen - Conc. Effect

Tried Inc. AoE but damage was lacking a lot.

Any suggestions at this point to upgrade my equipment and spend not that much (because I have nearly nothing...)

Character is visible.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von sorcita um 23.04.2017, 13:26:09
Hi guys! First of all I would like to thank the author for this build. I am playing it in legacy and I am very satisfied although is my first bow character. I would like to ask you which jewel to choose. All of them have life and fire damage. As third affixe is better area damage, damage or projectile damage? Is it worth it to put just damage? Yesterday I bought one skin of the loyal +1 gems with 3r 2r 1b and I am testing it with level 3 empower. For the blue socket which one do you suggest between conc. effect and ignite? Thank you in advance!
"
sorcita schrieb:
Soo. Second char in HC and I'm lvl 42 now.

Have my 2 Quill Rain 4 link setups running and try to look out for some gear :-)

Never played Explosive Arrow before.. I think I will enjoy it.

Edit:

After some progress I'm running just 1 Setup at the moment

EA - GMP - Fire Pen - Conc. Effect

Tried Inc. AoE but damage was lacking a lot.

Any suggestions at this point to upgrade my equipment and spend not that much (because I have nearly nothing...)

Character is visible.

personally I prefer less duration on the aoe set up so it explodes faster.

As far as gear is concerned you can probably get a cheap 5link chest and roll life on it at your point in the leveling process. use it for single target, selling and buying at this point of the hc league is a nightmare so it's kinda hard to recommend stuff.

"
Hi guys! First of all I would like to thank the author for this build. I am playing it in legacy and I am very satisfied although is my first bow character. I would like to ask you which jewel to choose. All of them have life and fire damage. As third affixe is better area damage, damage or projectile damage? Is it worth it to put just damage? Yesterday I bought one skin of the loyal +1 gems with 3r 2r 1b and I am testing it with level 3 empower. For the blue socket which one do you suggest between conc. effect and ignite? Thank you in advance!

That's a tough call, if you're comfortable around 50-60 ignite chance and having to stack to 5 only for it to not ignite then you can remove it. They're 2 of the best supports for EA. Odds are I would try to make it work with conc since the chests damage gain isn't as impactful if you remove the highest damage support gem to use it.

You can try and buy ignite chance jewels if you're really trying to make this work. there's a boot enchant. There are unique items but most lack life and skin of the loyal doesn't come with life as is.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von dingis um 26.04.2017, 10:22:13

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: