Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Could someone please check out my character and explain why my spells critical chance is always 5%? I spent passive tree points for Staff critical strike was still 5%, so I saw no point on spending points for that. Controlled destruction gems should not keep it at 5%, shouldn't they? Thank you.
"
Ramidis schrieb:
I know I still have to find a 6L staff/body but I've yet to obtain one.

You definitely don't need a 6L, a 5L staff will greatly increase your DPS. If you don't want to buy one, or are playing SSF, it's pretty easy to obtain entirely by yourself. The Jungle Valley map drops the Flora's Gift divination card with a decent drop rate. A few hours of farming can get you the full set, which you can Alteration spam for +2 Lightning Gems.
"
gastank schrieb:
You definitely don't need a 6L, a 5L staff will greatly increase your DPS. If you don't want to buy one, or are playing SSF, it's pretty easy to obtain entirely by yourself. The Jungle Valley map drops the Flora's Gift divination card with a decent drop rate. A few hours of farming can get you the full set, which you can Alteration spam for +2 Lightning Gems.

Oh? That would probably work too! If I do roll with a 5L staff for now, would my gems look something like... Arc / Spell Echo / Controlled Destruction / Lightning Pen / Life Leech?

I figure the life leech would greatly help with survivability?

I've been following this guide so far, and have hit low-tier maps for the first time ever in PoE for me (I'm a true casual I guess :D ).
Thanks a lot for the work you put into this extensive guide!
The build feels really good, especially after throwing all my currency at a 5l-pledge I just melt through everything that doesn't reflect with arc.

Which leads me to my possibly really stupid question:
Is it really worth it to use a full 6-l on a secondary dmg-skill just used for bosses (and only bosses without many adds I assume, as arc against bosses with adds feels pretty good, at least right now, as it kills the adds quickly and they allow arc to re-chain to the boss for more damage even) ?

I assume killing the higher-tier bosses with arcspam isn't feasible, but even then, couldn't one just gem-swap your damage-gem instead of having a complete 6-l setup on it, or even carrying a different staff with the single-target setup in the second weaponslot?

Lightning Tendrils' gemsetup seems close enough to just switch it out for arc - loosing concentrated effort but gaining onslaught, and would also benefit from being in a pledge (virtually also adding faster casting support).
Storm Burst obviously would not want to be socketet in pledge and also seems to require a different socket-coloring, but could be used in a secondary weapon to switch.

That would open up a full 6-link on the chest that could be used for additional mechanics (CWDT-IC-GolemOfChoice for example, or leap slam-faster attacks-vigilant strike/fortify as an alternative means of movement+fortify).

Or does one constantly need to switch between arc and the single-target spell of choice that gem- or weaponswitching is not feasible?

Greetings,
Linyah.
Hey mate!

First of all thanks a lot for a very nice guide. Having a lot of fun with it, just still struggling with single target, but not about this...

Quick question: In unique options for gems while using Kitava's you put:
flame dash - increased duration - faster casting
only

Why not Arcane Surge as well? Just missed or there is some mechanic here that makes it worthless?

Cheers!
@at3r: Thanks for the feedback, great to see the build works well in HC too!

Only ideas i have for more reflect safety are either Purity of Lightning in an Essence Worm, wearing a Sybil's Lament instead of Essence Worm or keeping Life Leech instead of Empower on Arc, the first option is probably the best out of those.

Good luck on your way to 90!

@sandor555: One idea was an Iron Will Elementalist with Aegis Aurora and Call of the Brotherhood, actually forgot the other idea by now.

Video sounds good! But please don't put more work into it than needed, as i'll probably only keep it until i can record my own vids.

@Ramidis: In addition to what gastank wrote, you should really get gear with better liferolls, while doing so preferably fit in Kitava's Thirst, then work on getting the actual gem setups of this build and jewels with life. Your flasks also need lots of work.

Also, while arguable, i would say you really shouldn't run T9s at Lv76 - i usually run T4-5s max at that point, or even lower ones with good layouts. Keep the yellow maps for Lv80+.

@WhosChamp: That's exactly what the 100% reduced crit chance of Controlled Destruction does, but only to the linked spell. Your Orb of Storms will still get a significant enough crit chance increase and will proc Elemental Overload pretty consistently.

@EF_Balduin: This is all pretty much up to your personal preference.

If you don't mind switching the gems for each boss, you could do that and free the chest slot up, or even use a Kaom's Heart although that's expensive right now. The Ball Lightning setup i'm going to add tomorrow uses the same colors as Arc and is probably the best choice overall.
Downside of this method is you will be more or less unprepared for any randomly spawning boss such as Breachlords, Beyond bosses or Invaders.

The weapon swap method is viable too, but can get a bit costly if you want to go all out on it and get either a 6L +3 Staff, or another 6L Pledge of Hands.

@DeaconRL: Looks like i forgot to link it, will fix that tomorrow with the smaller update.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

----------------------------------------------------------

I'll change the gem setup a little bit tomorrow to fit in CwDt + IC and add Ball Lightning as preferred single target option, fix the leveling gems accordingly and again shorten the guide a little bit.
twitch.tv/enki91
Thanks for the reply! I've been trying to get gear with good life, but so far my luck hasn't been very good.. and for gem setups, the only one I'm really struggling with is the single-target setup, as I've yet to find a 6L armor piece, unless 5L works? Which in that case, what would I leave out?

For mapping, is there a particular map I should be running? I assume I would be running magic instead of rare, right?

EDIT: Oh one more question, sorry if it sounds a bit nooby.. but how come T4-5 till lv80? :o
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Ramidis um 18.08.2017, 17:44:35
"
Enki91 schrieb:

@WhosChamp: That's exactly what the 100% reduced crit chance of Controlled Destruction does, but only to the linked spell. Your Orb of Storms will still get a significant enough crit chance increase and will proc Elemental Overload pretty consistently.

Now I got it :) Thank you for your reply and your work on this guide! I appreciate it much!
I love this build. I am only 74, had some friends make or give me a couple items to help (6L staff / 6L chest), but I feel I'm just not doing enough damage. I can't kill Level 2 map bosses. Here is my gear. Can you make suggestions to help (I know leveling will help). I know my staff should have block not crit (which is useless). I know I need more life, but I was trying hard to get my resists up. The flasks aren't great, but I'm just trying to stay alive.

Spoiler

My three jewels in tree I didn't take out to link, but they are 15%, 16% and 15% to lightning damage, 4% to cast speed, some resists I needed and 1% chance to block with staves.

My passive tree:

Thank you! For working so hard on this!

Casual Player - who likes microtransactions and hideouts.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von rsalty um 19.08.2017, 01:34:43
>[3.0] Whaitiri's Arc Witch - a beginner & SSF-friendly Mind over Matter Caster
>Mind over Matter Caster
When should I take "Mind over matter"? 100 lvl?

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: