[3.8] WIP Toxic Rain Pathfinder League Starter, 297% MS 5.9k life All Content + Great mapper/delver

Hello!

I used your build and leveled till end of act 10, and I really liked it. I couldn’t played it more in 3.8 since it’s ended. I’m wondering with all those new changes in 3.9, will this guide still good for early game, leveling, and early maps? Especially crafting has changed a lot for early game bow. And are you planning to update this guide soon? Since I’m a new player, so I’m very rely on build guide.
Thank you!
"
Didadi schrieb:
Hello!

I used your build and leveled till end of act 10, and I really liked it. I couldn’t played it more in 3.8 since it’s ended. I’m wondering with all those new changes in 3.9, will this guide still good for early game, leveling, and early maps? Especially crafting has changed a lot for early game bow. And are you planning to update this guide soon? Since I’m a new player, so I’m very rely on build guide.
Thank you!

Hey!

All chenges for now are:
Toxic rain got increased damage—this is a very small buff.
We got 3 new awakened support gems. Those give us +15% more chaos DOT and +10% chaos DOT multiplier—this is a buff.
Monster HP and resists got buffed—this is a huge nerf, but it will affect every build so IDK if it's ok to call it a nerf.
Also we cannot craft multimod gloves\amulet\bow anymore (you can still craft a +1+2 bow though)—this is a very small nerf.

In total—the build will be pretty the same as it was in prev. league, but we don't know about new mods, so we'll see, maybe THIS IS A BUFF.
"
alfapf schrieb:
"
Didadi schrieb:
Hello!

Thank you!

Hey!

All chenges for now are:
Toxic rain got increased damage—this is a very small buff.
We got 3 new awakened support gems. Those give us +15% more chaos DOT and +10% chaos DOT multiplier—this is a buff.
Monster HP and resists got buffed—this is a huge nerf, but it will affect every build so IDK if it's ok to call it a nerf.
Also we cannot craft multimod gloves\amulet\bow anymore (you can still craft a +1+2 bow though)—this is a very small nerf.

In total—the build will be pretty the same as it was in prev. league, but we don't know about new mods, so we'll see, maybe THIS IS A BUFF.

Thank you very much for your explanation! I think I will stay with this bd. Hope this guide will be updated too.
"
curse on hit + despair and either frenzy for frenzy charges or w/e skill you prefer for better spreading of the curse if you don't like the fact frenzy is single target (well 3 targets with dying sun up). Second copy of toxic rain, rain of arrows, split arrow etc. could do the job if you wanna spread the curse to more targets.

Most people use frenzy because they only care about the curse for boss fights.

So frenzy + curse on hit + despair

Don't we get despair from Witchfire already? I've been running Temporal Chains + Frenzy (with +1 curse ring) in my Maloneys. Not sure if that's right though?
"
ooter37 schrieb:
Don't we get despair from Witchfire already? I've been running Temporal Chains + Frenzy (with +1 curse ring) in my Maloneys. Not sure if that's right though?
Witchfire has a range, I think the same as blasphemy, and having curse on hit allows to apply it out of the witchfire radius, but if you don't have a problem with mobs being out of range of witchfire then sure put something else in Maloney, if you get most benefit from temp chains, go for it.

I've even seen setups like frenzy + blind + culling strike, it's personal preference and mostly QoL and if the quiver goes this league again for 12ex+ I wouldn't bother.

"
Witchfire has a range, I think the same as blasphemy, and having curse on hit allows to apply it out of the witchfire radius, but if you don't have a problem with mobs being out of range of witchfire then sure put something else in Maloney, if you get most benefit from temp chains, go for it.

I see, thank you.

"
I've even seen setups like frenzy + blind + culling strike, it's personal preference and mostly QoL and if the quiver goes this league again for 12ex+ I wouldn't bother.

Oh great idea, I'm going to check that out. I'm playing on PS4, so any skills that I can automated are vey valuable (because our controls are pretty bad and it's not feasible to manually apply several skills). Any other good tips?
can you help me figure out why I seem to do 0 damage with this build on bosses? like my characters damage is abysmal bossing and I seem to take such brutal hits from so many random things and I really can't figure out why, apart from your really expensive gear I don't see anything wrong with what I'm using. Struggling to boss on red maps

getbrexitdonelul is my current character, example plaza map boss just annihilates me and you don't get enough of your flask charges back to heal through it.

I started getting some problems on red maps so I edited my gear more towards yours and removing any "adds damage to attacks" off the previous gear has made my damage even more potato.

other than the fact I either randomly get 1 shot, near 1 shot by certain monsters I steam roll through 95% of all red map adds
Zuletzt bearbeitet von rrjstudio um 19.12.2019, 15:05:48
"
rrjstudio schrieb:
can you help me figure out why I seem to do 0 damage with this build on bosses? like my characters damage is abysmal bossing and I seem to take such brutal hits from so many random things and I really can't figure out why, apart from your really expensive gear I don't see anything wrong with what I'm using. Struggling to boss on red maps

getbrexitdonelul is my current character, example plaza map boss just annihilates me and you don't get enough of your flask charges back to heal through it.

I started getting some problems on red maps so I edited my gear more towards yours and removing any "adds damage to attacks" off the previous gear has made my damage even more potato.

other than the fact I either randomly get 1 shot, near 1 shot by certain monsters I steam roll through 95% of all red map adds

Was just stopping by since I played this build last season and had a blast doing it. I'll say that this build isn't "tanky" by any stretch and single target never felt amazing, but it wasn't bad either. For map clear speed and especially fossil farming this build is top notch though. So if you want to make some money, go farm fossils on this bad boy. That's, to me, what this build is perfect for. That and speed map farming (which means you may want to skip the league mechanic on this build). Not sure that helps, but just my thoughts.
"
rrjstudio schrieb:

Hey mate,

Looking at your character, here are my suggestions:

1. Gem level is the best way to scale the DOT damage of toxic rain. If u have some currency, ur first priority should be getting a bow with +1 gem level and multimod +2 support gem, and 40% chaos dot multi, and use empower (lvl 3 should be fine if u can't afford lvl 4, and a corruted lvl 3 empower is very cheap)
2. Use Malevolence instead of grace, that's a huge damage boost. Your evasion should be enough with jade flask + witchfire, additional evasion won't help a lot
3. Replace thief's torment with two decent rare rings. life gain on hit does not work too well with this build. With two rare rings, u can get a lot of life, res and QoL
4. Get a stygian vise with increased chaos damage (relatively cheap); amulet with chaos dot multi suffix (expensive);helmet with +1 arrow enchant, and -9% chaos res is a huge dps boost, but very expensive; watchers eye is also a huge dps boost
5. You already have wither totem, and I personally don't like withering step, use phase run instead
6. Bosses are buffed this league so bossing is indeed harder, especially if the map mods have increased monster chaos resistance etc.

Overall this build is really good at speed mapping, but with decent investment, it works well with bossing too. I'll say this league, this build is not a good league starter as last league cause the bow is not that easy to craft without the old multimod. But the end game dps is actually buffed due to new hunter influence mods. You can check out my character GRDDDM for detailed set up, I used that build to get 40/40 and lvl 100 in blight. Feel free to PM/ask me in game too.

Best way to keep mana up without a mana flask? other then that i love this build :)

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: