[3.8] WIP Toxic Rain Pathfinder League Starter, 297% MS 5.9k life All Content + Great mapper/delver

"
Could you write a quick crafting guide for the +1 vicious projectile bow? I'd be interested in trying that next league.

Spoiler
1. Perfect fossil or Hillock an ilvl80+ elder thicket bow for 24%+ quality (for easier linking later)

2. Alt-spam until you get Vicious Projectiles with nothing else (It's a 2-line prefix with %phys)

3. Use a regal orb to make it a 2-mod rare (VP + a random suffix)

4. Use an orb of annulment to remove the random suffix. If you fail, scour and return to step 2.

5. Once you have a 1-mod rare with VP, craft on "Cannot Roll Attack Modifiers"

6. Use a Farric Wolf Alpha beastcraft to remove "Cannot Roll Attack Modifiers" and add a "random" prefix. +1 to socketed gems is still the only prefix you can get!

7. Your bow should have 2 prefixes (+1 to socketed gems and VP / %phys)

8. Craft quality on the bow with the crafting bench.

9. 6-socket and 6-link the bow (much easier since your bow has ~40% quality)

10. Multimod with Attack speed, Attack speed with nearby rares, and +2 to socketed support gems.

I crafted the bow you recommended for my initial atlas push and only went for the Vicious Projectiles version when I hit delve depth 300. Thanks again for the guide :^)

"
I crafted the bow you recommended for my initial atlas push and only went for the Vicious Projectiles version when I hit delve depth 300. Thanks again for the guide :^)

Why do we use a Thicket bow as opposed to a Maraketh (movement speed) or something else?
"
ooter37 schrieb:

Why do we use a Thicket bow as opposed to a Maraketh (movement speed) or something else?
Attack speed. Fastest bow is 1,5 base attack speed.
how will this build be in 3.9 with dying sun very hard to get. I assume I will never spend 10+ex on a dying sun so how well do you think the build functions without it/ are there any decent replacements?
"
KappaKing69 schrieb:
how will this build be in 3.9 with dying sun very hard to get. I assume I will never spend 10+ex on a dying sun so how well do you think the build functions without it/ are there any decent replacements?
Dying sun is not necessary for this build, it's good but not as good as on the builds that require +2 projectiles to feel good (ice shot, lightning arrow, tornado shot etc.), the biggest boon is the increased aoe, and you can get that from other sources, for example using Carcass Jack, or getting the veiled crafts with +10% area of effect if I remember correctly.

You don't need unique flasks, you can as well run life + jade + quartz + stibnite + quicksilver. The new mod with increased attack speed during flask effect is definitely a consideration to roll, also having affixes "of reflexes" and "of adrenaline" together with necessary immunities (curse and ailments if you don't spec master alchemist, and both nature adrenaline and master toxicist are compelling options due to attack speed / more chaos damage mods they provide).

Only other unique I would consider is witchfire brew if you have no other option to apply despair, or you have too little int to get a good rank on despair gem.

Unless of course new season adds a new flask, it's a shame ele builds run out of slots to get all the possible helpful unique flasks while chaos builds don't have anything amazing.
what would your gear progression for a new league look like? Would you farm tabula or try to get a 5l and then get porcupine cards? Any good budget uniques? Also, I plan to do a lot of lab on this build, any ideas on how to optimize this build for doing lab carries?
"
KappaKing69 schrieb:
what would your gear progression for a new league look like? Would you farm tabula or try to get a 5l and then get porcupine cards? Any good budget uniques? Also, I plan to do a lot of lab on this build, any ideas on how to optimize this build for doing lab carries?

Can't say about lab because I'm not doing lab boosts. For league starter you can get the standard uniques like tabula, goldrim, wanderlust. You could try using quill rain, some people find it worth for levelling even after heavy nerfs. Silverbough would be good if not for the fact you'd have to 6 link it to benefit from it and I don't consider that easy to get during league start.

I league started with toxic rain in legion and played with a tabula and then bought vicious projectiles & "+2 to bow gems" bow (rest stats random) and 5-linked it with prophecy, didn't swap that until I had enough currency to craft the endgame bow (took me about 9ex).

Problem is we don't know the availability of vicious projectiles mod in the "new" altas without elder influence. In the worst case you have to go for normal +3 bow with 40% chaos multi from veiled mod, or a delve crafted bow with whatever bonus to lvl of dex / str gems.

If elder items are out of the picture, then getting porcupine or even imperial legacy cards is gonna be the easiest way to get a 6-link for a crafting base.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Viktranka um 21.11.2019, 21:52:08
I really enjoyed this build this league, and leveled to 100 with this build. Should have posted this earlier since its almost end of the league.

Here are my takes on the build:
- Really good league starter. I walked into red maps with bunch of craps and this bow (~ 50c at that time)

- Extremely fast clearing speed, with decent bossing DPS. Can clean up blight encounters without any towers in T16
- Can run literally ANY map mods. I've run bunch of nasty corrupted or unidentified maps
- Fast lab runner

- Weak against big physical hits. The most difficult fight for me is not Uber Elder, but lvl 83 Mastermind

I did my first Uber Elder kill at ~10 Exalt budget, with just the bow below and Kaom's heart. The build also scales well when you invest more currency. I have done all content with this build this league, and almost finished on my 40/40 challenges. Can run Uber Elder deathlessly just on my regular mapping gear.

My current gear: (Total cost ~ 60 Exa)
Spoiler

Mapping:

Bossing (UE):

Hello.
I got maybe a dumb question that was asked before.
What are the chances that this will get nerfed in 3.9?
"
luka2113 schrieb:
Hello.
I got maybe a dumb question that was asked before.
What are the chances that this will get nerfed in 3.9?
Very small, toxic rain is not some OP 50 million dps skill, if anything will get nerfed, it's probably scourge arrow, as tornado shot already was, twice recently.

Only thing that will affect it is the altas rework so some gear might be hard or impossible to get without access to shaper / elder items.

These are:
- vicious projectiles mod on bow
- chaos damage over time multiplier on gloves / amulet
- dying sun flask

We also don't know if the new conquerors will offer beneficial mods / items to this build.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: