[3.8] WIP Toxic Rain Pathfinder League Starter, 297% MS 5.9k life All Content + Great mapper/delver

What a best Node to craft on amulet ?
"
ITALJANECC schrieb:
What a best Node to craft on amulet ?
Corruption for damage.

For defense, you can anoint whatever big HP node you can afford since the spec already picks Constitution. Golem's Blood is expensive. Cruel Preparation is much cheaper.

Hardened Scars could be good defensive option for a pathfinder because 1) bows don't have easy access to fortify 2) pf has excellent uptime on flasks.

If you want a bit more extra movespeed, Fleetfoot or Harrier could be your choice.

Corruption is probably being the go to choice because it doesn't require any of the 3 most expensive oils, and is a straight-forward damage boost.
"
Lunarsz schrieb:
I'm at the point now where I need to craft an endgame bow.
I have never really done any HC crafting in this game, so having a bit of trouble understanding if i should work with my current bow or start with a new white 6 link base,

How much money u have is the question :D

What u can do.
try double annul and craft on this Base.

Or buy a better Base and craft from scratch.
Thank you very much for this way, for your time and to help the community.
Hey! Been playing this build this league, and thought I'd come here to say thanks for the guide! It was helpful getting started (though not complete - I had to browse around a bit at trickster versions, on poe.ninja/builds, and elsewhere to find some other information).

Overall, it's an excellent build. I did everything in the game but Mastermind, which was more because I don't understand anything about how that fight works. Uber Elder, Shaper, and all the guardians were deathless, and quite straightforward, and working towards crafting all the items was tons of fun.

I think at the beginning, you should highlight some of this stuff! This build is:

1. Totally solid at low currency. I did all the maps on literally a 4L +1 bow
2. Goes nuts as you get more currency
3. Features a bunch of fun crafting, a lot of which is somewhat deterministic so it doesnt feel like you're blowing your money
4. Is super fast
5. Is one of the best uber lab characters in the game
6. Kills the Phoenix before he can move
7. Is an excellent delve character
8. SLOWS EVERYTHING DOWN. This is important, since a lot of people who havent played TR (like me) don't even realize that that skill does this when the pick the build. Watching Guardians move like molasses then die is very satisfying.

etc. etc.

There are so many pluses! I've never played such a well-rounded build in about 20-30 tries - the closest was BV elementalist.

To add:
1. How to craft Vicious Proj bow. Roughly:
Find a way to get 6l bow with just Vicious Proj node (elder 80+ base), then follow your bow crafting steps (including the beast part). Getting Vicious Proj lvl 20 I just did with alterations, a regal, and lucky annuls. Maybe there's a better way.
2. More talk about Quiver. There are a lot of options, and in the end I picked one that helped me get mana since My TR still cost like 12 mana with clarity watcher's eye + 3 mana reduction crafts, and I had about 54 mana unreserved. It regened pretty fast, but having mana on hit made it work even with bosses.
3. Updated tree. There are some optimizations people mentioned in this thread that I agreed with and are worth updating the main build with.
4. Notes on where to get "the little things". Running Flesh and Stone gets blind, which makes Maloney's Nightfall good and a solid option. Onslaught from one abyss jewel. Maim on hit I actually got from quiver, which was another cool boost. Basically, it's worth adding a bunch of these things that are small by themselves, but the build totally has space for and slowly add up to make you pretty unstoppable.
5. How to craft gloves. Not too complicated, but worth mentioning. I regret putting Aspect of the spider on these (I think it's better on a ring or something, since gloves can have more/better attack mods with the multimod), but mentioning what mods are good and why would have been useful.
6. Mention how LIFE is more important than people credit. The build's DPS is obscene even without all the attack mods people put on gloves. You can craft double life on the gloves with evasion, and I think it's clearly better.
7. Corruption with oils on the amulet
8. Enchants arent that important, but worth noting which ones are the best in case people want to do that. I got regen on boots and just stuck with that. Never got the best helm enchant - didn't seem to matter much.

That's about all I've got! Thanks again, great guide to start with, and lots of useful tips.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von merdock271 um 24.09.2019, 20:46:18
Hey merdock271, thanks a lot for this feedback. I'm glad you liked the build.

I will probably write a V2 version of this guide soon or for the next league when I take the time to theorycraft based on everyone's comments here. I really appreciate you taking the time to write that down.

For disclosure, I had not tried Mastermind last league as I was farming the syndicate with a very specific setup (only cameria/gravicius in I and Fled/Vorici in R, the rest in F/T, you never run F/T's safehouses and farm rivalries). Doing the mastermind ruins this setup so I never ran it.

I had a lot of people give me ideas to introduce more physical damage mitigation and I will try that in the future.
Personally I didn't have any issues with Catarina. I did her deathless last week. I've done UE deathless a couple of times as well. Usually I find a lot of movement speed in UE gets me in trouble but I'm getting use to it now.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von kan333 um 26.09.2019, 08:29:55
Foe people that want to craft+1 vicious bow proceed doing these steps.
Require a 6-linked elder bow ilvl 80+

Step 1: Spam alterations/augments until you hit Level X Vicious Projectiles
Step 2: Augment to get a suffix if you dont have one already
Step 3: Regal for another suffix. If it's a prefix, scour and go back to step 1

Step 4: Craft Cannot roll attack mods
Step 5: Slam the bow with exalted orb for guarantee +1 Socketed Gems

You can continue from here to get various other desired mods, but its from this point you need more currency.

(5-6 ex cost):
Step 6: Remove the crafted mod, craft "Prefixes cannot be changed" and scour the bow to retain your vic proj+lvl to gems.
Step 7: Multi Mod
Step 8
* +2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems
* 8–10% OR 11-13% Attack Speed
* 13–16% increased Chaos Damage/ Attack speed when unique is near

I have to add though that if you want to run with 7link bow, you really want a watchers eye with reduce mana cost -10 to channeling skills, along with the 3 on rings/amulet.
IGN BroTSD
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Krullis um 26.09.2019, 12:36:57
You do not need to get 2 suffixes on it if you use the beast crafting method instead of ex slam (there's a bestiary recipe "add a prefix, remove random suffix"). It works the same when the bow has "cannot roll attack modifiers" but guarantees a prefix, while ex slam doesn't (unless all suffixes are occupied).

So you alt spam the vicious proj, regal, if it's prefix you can either yolo annul or scour & restart depending what's the price of alts to annuls, if you annul wrong one oh well, back to alt spam.

If you get suffix you can either yolo annul or continue with your method (depends if alts + annuls are cheaper than 2ex price for prefixes cannot be changed). Craft CRAM, beastcraft, either the beast will eat the shitty suffix (yay) or it will eat the crafted mod (boo).

If it ate bad suffix, you can remove CRAM on the bench with remove crafted mods. You're good to multicraft.

It if ate the crafted mod and you're stuck with the regalled suffix, then you can still craft prefixes cannot be changed and scour to salvage the operation.

"
Krullis schrieb:
I have to add though that if you want to run with 7link bow, you really want a watchers eye with reduce mana cost -10 to channeling skills, along with the 3 on rings/amulet.
You mean "non-channeling" I assume since they did the split (poor ppl who used this for scourge arrow the channeling version is much less reduction now).

You don't "need" that jewel, but it helps. If you don't use it, you will be forced to use things like clarity (I used rank 7, for watcher's eye you can stick with rank 1 only), less total mana reserved, mana regen mods (I used on rings) and mana / hybrid flasks for "no mana regen" map mods. Also getting a plain jewel with +2 mana on hit mod is a cheap help.

I dunno how the prices are nowadays but last season -mana cost watcher's eye with chaos damage over time while affected by malevolence was like 70ex, so yeah very pricey to get both mods. So you have to choose one or the other.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Viktranka um 26.09.2019, 12:51:24
I can't find the non-ailment chaos damage multiplier anywhere. Is it the same as Chaos damage over time multiplier? Thanks

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: