[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
dragonji1 schrieb:
I'd like to squeeze in a bit more damage, I was trying out Cherrubim's Maleficence just for the raw 80% chaos increase but it seemed like it didn't increase the dot dps by that much.
You could get gloves / amulet with non-ailment chaos damage over time modifier but getting it with good rolls or prepping it for multimodding then crafting on it is an expensive process, not sure if it's worth sinking currency trying to get those when the league has 2 weeks left tbh.
"

hmm...interesting!

At least we are getting buffed?
My opinion about Blight league:
Is GGG running out of ideas? I don't really mind the league itself, looks like a funny mini-game slapped with a slightly different gameplay. However it does feel like it's hard to provide something new and successful (keyword) without it being Breach/Legion/Abyss type of content... especially with Synthesis receving tons of complaints.

I'm not very excited, but i'm curious to try it out. I'll be playing this build as every league at the start. I might try out summoner later on or something else if i get a cool idea.

As for the new amulet "enchantments", there are few very obvious choices.
* Constitution OR Soul of Steel - for better defense
* Corruption - for DPS
* Whispers of Doom OR Charisma - more interesting options if you want to go 2 curses or want to make a double aura setup.

"
Tetrad schrieb:
Spoiler
"

hmm...interesting!

At least we are getting buffed?

I wonder what's GGG's reasoning for not reworking Raider like plenty of players expected. My guess is recent Berserker rework and Raider's current defensive focus (because that's the only reason you want to pick her). We'll see in ~2 weeks. I'm happy about the situation, one more league of doing what i enjoy.

As for where GGG is going to buff Raider - definitely Avatar of Veil path. Especially the first node is incredibly dull and barely gives any bonuses at all. I expect some dodge and maybe spell dodge buffs. Outside of that, some AS/damage numbers to make it more competitive with other ascendancies.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Hi

I was looking at what would be best on my bow.

Can someone tell me if Damage over time would be as good as Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier ?

Very much looking forward to seeing the Raider tweaks. Based on GGG's typical buff-then-nerf style of refreshing the meta, I would not be surprised to see nerfs to ED/Contagion and Cyclone coming out of Legion.

Because of that I think Caustic Arrow Raider could be one of the better league-starters for Blight. Given what the league mechanic is and what the gameplay looks like so far, it seems like we can just stand near the Ichor Pump and paint the ground with DoT. Sounds good to me. :)
"
Sentry001 schrieb:
Hi

I was looking at what would be best on my bow.

Can someone tell me if Damage over time would be as good as Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier ?

Best prefix setup is:

1. +1 to socketed gems

2. +2 to socketed support gems or +2 to socketed bow gems (mutually exclusive, second one is an option if no access to Catarina craft)

3. socketed gems are supported by lvl 20 vicious projectiles (elder bow only) or 40% non ailment chaos damage over time multiplier (in case you don't wanna bother with elder bow crafting)

This fills all available 3 prefix slots.

Increased damage over time / increased chaos damage is not as strong because it's the usual "increased vs more" problem poe has. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32cDqNh20dE&t=1s You will probably have a lot of "increased" modifiers from the tree and whatnot, so further ones from gear won't add as much.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Viktranka um 23.08.2019, 13:14:11
i recently started playing PoE and i got interested in your build but im playing Scion.

Since im too new idk what to pick, so do you have a build for Scion to go for Caustic Arrow?
"
RirinaNanase schrieb:
i recently started playing PoE and i got interested in your build but im playing Scion.

Since im too new idk what to pick, so do you have a build for Scion to go for Caustic Arrow?
New league is starting in less than 2 weeks, so that would be a perfect moment if you wanted to try a new character / build.

Unfortunately Scion nodes don't exactly award "half an ascendancy" and combining 2 doesn't feel like a full one, you do get compensated by having a few extra talent points (I think around 5?), but I'm personally upset how little of original ascendacies you get by picking Scion.

From Ranger ones (which you want to pick for path of the Ranger for having easier pathing to adapt the original talent tree) neither Pathfinder nor Raider give anything close to what the originals of them give. Best bet would be probably to pick path of Deadeye for extra projectile / extra pierce, both are good for Caustic Arrow.

Then I'm not sure what would you even pick as the second one, Trickster for frenzy charges / increased recovery? Juggernaut for endurance charges? Caustic Arrow doesn't gain much from leech, and afaik Culling Strike is not applied by the Caustic Cloud, so Slayer node is kinda weak.

About the tree pathing, you can probably pick the original one or the champion version from the first post and instead of their starting nodes path from Scion through Sentinel and the Jewel Socket between Profane Chemistry and Avatar of the Hunt. You get also easy access to big amount of life nodes that are just left of Scion starting area.

However I wonder if it's worth playing Scion for this specific skill altogether, cool part of Scion is you can make ele reflect immune character with extra leech, or get extra movement speed from Raider / Pathfinder node on top of some build that normally doesn't have easy access to movement speed, or get free crit from Assassin for a spellcaster type of build, generally get something base Ascendancy commonly used for the skill doesn't provide, but it's very beneficial.

Plus Scion doesn't seem to have any node that works well for Chaos skills. Physical and Elemental builds have much more options among Scion choices. I love the idea of Scion but with how the updates in POE go it's becoming more and more apparent Scion is "jack of all trades, master of none".
"
Viktranka schrieb:
"
RirinaNanase schrieb:

New league is starting in less than 2 weeks, so that would be a perfect moment if you wanted to try a new character / build.

Unfortunately Scion nodes don't exactly award "half an ascendancy" and combining 2 doesn't feel like a full one, you do get compensated by having a few extra talent points (I think around 5?), but I'm personally upset how little of original ascendacies you get by picking Scion.

From Ranger ones (which you want to pick for path of the Ranger for having easier pathing to adapt the original talent tree) neither Pathfinder nor Raider give anything close to what the originals of them give. Best bet would be probably to pick path of Deadeye for extra projectile / extra pierce, both are good for Caustic Arrow.

Then I'm not sure what would you even pick as the second one, Trickster for frenzy charges / increased recovery? Juggernaut for endurance charges? Caustic Arrow doesn't gain much from leech, and afaik Culling Strike is not applied by the Caustic Cloud, so Slayer node is kinda weak.

About the tree pathing, you can probably pick the original one or the champion version from the first post and instead of their starting nodes path from Scion through Sentinel and the Jewel Socket between Profane Chemistry and Avatar of the Hunt. You get also easy access to big amount of life nodes that are just left of Scion starting area.

However I wonder if it's worth playing Scion for this specific skill altogether, cool part of Scion is you can make ele reflect immune character with extra leech, or get extra movement speed from Raider / Pathfinder node on top of some build that normally doesn't have easy access to movement speed, or get free crit from Assassin for a spellcaster type of build, generally get something base Ascendancy commonly used for the skill doesn't provide, but it's very beneficial.

Plus Scion doesn't seem to have any node that works well for Chaos skills. Physical and Elemental builds have much more options among Scion choices. I love the idea of Scion but with how the updates in POE go it's becoming more and more apparent Scion is "jack of all trades, master of none".

Well it's always worth a try. I enjoy playing my Scion with Bow but it looks like Scion doesn't have many Ranged builds except sth like Ele hit but the fire element doesnt seem interesting to me. Might check if I find more that i can try out in the next league and see if i can play a bit around with Caustic arrow.
"
RirinaNanase schrieb:
Well it's always worth a try. I enjoy playing my Scion with Bow but it looks like Scion doesn't have many Ranged builds except sth like Ele hit but the fire element doesnt seem interesting to me. Might check if I find more that i can try out in the next league and see if i can play a bit around with Caustic arrow.
I'd say there are 2 types of players in poe, one picks a skill and then best ascendancy to run it, the other picks class / ascendancy and finds a skill it can run. I understand your point, and yes, except ele hit there aren't that many bow-focused Scion builds mostly for the reason there aren't that many popular bow skills and the popular ones are mostly run on Ranger Ascendancies. I've seen a bow Scion build guide, but I believe it's for scourge arrow: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2323614

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: