[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hey all, I just finished putting one of these together it seems pretty good so far i went in and killed normal shaper with it very easily.
I don't have anything in my 6link chest yet though i wouldn't mind a hard hitting single target attack or something. Or what do any of you recommend?
and also anything i should try and get / upgrade with my gear ?
Cheers great build mate !

IGN: Elem_Mental

Lets all drink red bull jump out of a plane and hope for the best.
"
The_Rain_Man schrieb:
Hey all, I just finished putting one of these together it seems pretty good so far i went in and killed normal shaper with it very easily.
I don't have anything in my 6link chest yet though i wouldn't mind a hard hitting single target attack or something. Or what do any of you recommend?

If you have literally nothing else to toss in, Toxic Rain is a great addition. Its pods stack with CA, so you can really pump your DPS on bosses by laying down CA first and then just spraying TR as fast as possible.
"
The_Rain_Man schrieb:
Spoiler

6-link Kintsugi is close to useless. The suggested 6-link armour setup i showcase is only a minor damage boost, primarly aimed at tanky rare monsters. Vaal implicits give much stronger bonuses than 6-link can give you.

Classic build exists to deal more single target, take a look at it.

Your gear in general is great with one exception, which is inproperly crafted elder bow. +1 arrow or 7-link are much stronger than AoE and Culling Strike together. Other gear doesn't really need any adjustments, only expensive upgrades. You can learn about them (including elder bow) inside crafting section.

"
rlauren2 schrieb:
If you have literally nothing else to toss in, Toxic Rain is a great addition. Its pods stack with CA, so you can really pump your DPS on bosses by laying down CA first and then just spraying TR as fast as possible.

You can include CA inside TR build, but not reverse order. CA requires much less investment than TR in order to work, allocating it's resources into other things. Just look at your gear and how specific your rings are in order to sustain mana for Toxic Rain. On top, if you're have TR then you don't use CA for single target, but purely for clear.

Essence Drain or Blight are much better to be used together with CA as a primary damage tool.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Will you be releasing a 3.8 pre-launch version by chance?

Zuletzt bearbeitet von GingerTheNinjer um 03.09.2019, 17:47:40
Cheers for the replies !
I dunno i will have a look and see then what else to run in the chest.
As for the bow i whipped that one up for 2ex and 150 fusings i just did it to get the char going to see what i thought of it.
I upgraded it just before broke the bank a little but it is alot better

IGN: Elem_Mental

Lets all drink red bull jump out of a plane and hope for the best.
"

You can include CA inside TR build, but not reverse order. CA requires much less investment than TR in order to work, allocating it's resources into other things. Just look at your gear and how specific your rings are in order to sustain mana for Toxic Rain. On top, if you're have TR then you don't use CA for single target, but purely for clear.

Essence Drain or Blight are much better to be used together with CA as a primary damage tool.

Agreed that TR requires a lot more mana investment in order to provide consistent sustained DPS. I went TR from the start with this Trickster, and I don't even use the CA (leveled with both, just haven't taken the CA gems out). I am considering CA Raider though for 3.8 league start.

My initial thought was that a lot of the scaling we do is "DoT for bow skills" and projectile damage, so ED/Blight would miss out on that where TR wouldn't. But it actually works out that only maybe 1/3 of our total % increased damage is from these sources as opposed to generic chaos damage, etc.

Since your uptime for TR will likely be < 2/3 the uptime for ED without more mana investment, you're probably right ED would be better for most cases.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von rlauren2 um 03.09.2019, 13:28:48
Hey Dankaw,

Will you be posting updates for the build for 3.8 after patch notes are released tonight?

Thanks!
"
GingerTheNinjer schrieb:
Will you be releasing 3.8 pre-launch version by chance? I really enjoyed your build last season btw.

"
maxdking schrieb:
Hey Dankaw,

Will you be posting updates for the build for 3.8 after patch notes are released tonight?

Thanks!

Yes, the build is going to be updated before the league starts. I'll start working on it once i wake up tomorrow and try to finish it as quickly as possible.

"
rlauren2 schrieb:
Spoiler
Agreed that TR requires a lot more mana investment in order to provide consistent sustained DPS. I went TR from the start with this Trickster, and I don't even use the CA (leveled with both, just haven't taken the CA gems out). I am considering CA Raider though for 3.8 league start.

My initial thought was that a lot of the scaling we do is "DoT for bow skills" and projectile damage, so ED/Blight would miss out on that where TR wouldn't. But it actually works out that only maybe 1/3 of our total % increased damage is from these sources as opposed to generic chaos damage, etc.

Since your uptime for TR will likely be < 2/3 the uptime for ED without more mana investment, you're probably right ED would be better for most cases.
That's the thing, scaling is nearly identical for CA and TR. However due to Toxic Rain's standalone nature, higher cost and different playstyle (necessity to keep firing in order to deal bonus damage), it's not a good skill to use alongside Caustic Arrow.

Essence Drain with longer duration simply fits the CA's playstyle more and is much better to use with weapon swap. Majority of the scaling is still shared between both of the skills and for the ones that don't, you simply replace them with jewels that scale both of the skills. That's what the classic build does.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
I really enjoyed your build last season. This is one of the best and most thorough build guides I've seen in the Ranger section. Thank you!

I'm excited to see if the new Raider buff applies. I would think CA would be really good for this particular content update.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von GingerTheNinjer um 03.09.2019, 17:50:23
Barring something especially surprising in the patch notes I am looking forward to starting Blight league with this build! Let's go!

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: