[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

I’m confused on your gem slotting. What piece of armor do you put steelskin and cast when damage taken into?
"
CloudedJudgement schrieb:
Spoiler
Ok so i bought the balefire staff, and I get that you need support gems..
So my next question is for you, in the case of some weapons it says gems are supported by xxx skill. Since this skill is actually on the weapon, do support gems on the weapon support the weapon itself? Do the support gems on the weapon need to be linked to increase the benefit?

Thanks,

Think of these mods as an extra gem that's affected/affects every other socketed gem inside that item. They're commonly known as pseudo links, they're powerful in general since they're a big damage multiplier (depending on gems obviously).

"
Efulefu schrieb:
Spoiler
So I have another crafting question. The guide recommends crafting increased attack speed to finish off this elder 7L +3 bow:

Spoiler

But I also have the 5-6% damage per frenzy charge craft, does that damage buff affect CA? Seems like it'd be trading a bit of reliability for some extra damage, to rely more on the frenzy charges. If it works it's a tradeoff I'm willing to make! Cheaper recipe too ;)

Yes, that damage is global and works as long as you have frenzy charges active. No, i don't think ~2% damage is worth compared to getting ~10% more attack speed. The quicker you shoot, the faster you can move again and kill another pack. Your clear speed rises (slightly but still) and you're also more likely to dodge incoming damage.

"
Zzzdustzzz schrieb:
I’m confused on your gem slotting. What piece of armor do you put steelskin and cast when damage taken into?

It does not matter at all. Anything but bow which is reserved for CA.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
hey =) i was wondering if the skill tree u linked is still useable since the Tree got changed or do you have a pastebin link?
"
3voLutioNTG schrieb:
Spoiler
hey =) i was wondering if the skill tree u linked is still useable since the Tree got changed or do you have a pastebin link?

are you referring to the following leveling passive trees? I think Dankaw updated this when 3.7 Legion was released

Passive Tree Progression:
Level ~9 (Act 1)
Level ~18 (Act 2)
Level ~30 (Act 3)
Level ~46 (Act 4-5)
Level ~54 (Act 6-7)
Level ~54 (After Respec)
Level ~61 (Act 8)
Level ~71 (Blood Acqueducts farm)
Level ~73 (Before Kitava)

or you prefer a PoB link for this? because I have one tho...
https://pastebin.com/vzvXePzn
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Tetrad um 09.08.2019, 11:07:14
I just reached level 76 and started mapping in HC, but I'm curious, what skill tree progression would you do between 73 and the final level 93 base tree?

As you know, those ~20 levels aren't going to go by quickly so it would be beneficial to get the best bang for your buck in terms of survivability and damage.

For example so far I've gotten master of the arena and the 3x 4% HP nodes above bravery but what should come after that?
"
antelopesalad schrieb:
Spoiler
I just reached level 76 and started mapping in HC, but I'm curious, what skill tree progression would you do between 73 and the final level 93 base tree?

As you know, those ~20 levels aren't going to go by quickly so it would be beneficial to get the best bang for your buck in terms of survivability and damage.

For example so far I've gotten master of the arena and the 3x 4% HP nodes above bravery but what should come after that?

Personally, I would go for a 4-point Blood Drinker (20% max life) instead of those 4 points above Bravery.

- If you want survivability, allocate 1/2-point 4%-5% life nodes near Golem's Blood/Bravery/Revenge of the Hunted/Thick Skin
- If you are lacking in DoT Damage, allocate Growth and Decay(DoT Multiplier)>Heavy Draw(bonus 12% AoE)>Deadly Draw>Toxic Strikes
- The only time I get Master of the Arena is when I really need the Strength requirement
- Last nodes would be Survivalist or 2-point Jewel Sockets
"
Tetrad schrieb:
"
antelopesalad schrieb:
Spoiler

Personally, I would go for a 4-point Blood Drinker (20% max life) instead of those 4 points above Bravery.

- If you want survivability, allocate 1/2-point 4%-5% life nodes near Golem's Blood/Bravery/Revenge of the Hunted/Thick Skin
- If you are lacking in DoT Damage, allocate Growth and Decay(DoT Multiplier)>Heavy Draw(bonus 12% AoE)>Deadly Draw>Toxic Strikes
- The only time I get Master of the Arena is when I really need the Strength requirement
- Last nodes would be Survivalist or 2-point Jewel Sockets

Thanks for the tips. I missed Blood Drinker when I was looking for easy'ish HP nodes.

I'm surprised the official guide picked up Deadly Draw instead of Growth and Decay in the L73 passive tree. Both of them are 3 point investments. Do you think it's worth respecing into that now?

This is my first map char for the league. Sitting at 4.5k HP, 80-90% resists (with survivalist since it was recommended in the L73 passive tree) and -12% chaos resists.

Do you think I should go for more HP or DoT damage at this point? Some of the legion rare mobs nearly 1 hit me, but I also feel like I could use more damage. I'm running a 4L Silverbranch.

Edit: Also what about Phase Acrobatics? I still didn't get that yet.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von antelopesalad um 09.08.2019, 12:15:03
Looking for advice; while rolling my elder bow hunting a 7-link, I hit 16 Vicious Projectiles, and 20% increased area of effect (and regaled a suffix). My question is should I roll over it for 20 Vicious Projectiles (and probably no valuable suffix). I'm thinking no, but I'll take advice. I already have a pretty solid end game build for context (dying sun, another +1 arrow), and I'm wondering how strong the area or minimal damage increase of 20 VP vs. 16 is.

Sorry for typos, on phone with my toddler now.
"
antelopesalad schrieb:
Spoiler
Thanks for the tips. I missed Blood Drinker when I was looking for easy'ish HP nodes.

I'm surprised the official guide picked up Deadly Draw instead of Growth and Decay in the L73 passive tree. Both of them are 3 point investments. Do you think it's worth respecing into that now?

This is my first map char for the league. Sitting at 4.5k HP, 80-90% resists (with survivalist since it was recommended in the L73 passive tree) and -12% chaos resists.

Do you think I should go for more HP or DoT damage at this point? Some of the legion rare mobs nearly 1 hit me, but I also feel like I could use more damage. I'm running a 4L Silverbranch.

Edit: Also what about Phase Acrobatics? I still didn't get that yet.

I would recommend you to reread the guide on "Mapping Progression", it is stated there to rush Phase Acrobatics on White Maps. There are also recommendations like flask, +3 bow, etc.

Btw, I do not have any experience in HC and I am also a new player, it is probably better to ask Dankaw personally about this.

Mapping Progression
If you're here, i assume that you have at least lvl ~73 and CA gem lvl 17. Cursed Frenzy setup and Wither Totem should be included in your build as well. If you don't have all of them, you might find single target damage disappointing. This build is dependant on levels, especially if you're starting the league. Don't rush the content.

Before you begin mapping, it's wise to pack as many CA gems to level as possible (if you didn't already). Once they hit lvl 20, you can corrupt them with Vaal orbs for a chance to get lvl 21 gem. You can have up to 12 gems levelling at same time, as CWDT setup isn't very useful until red maps.

White maps:
Passive Tree Progression (level 80) - rush Phase Acrobatics

They shouldn't be a problem at all. Most map mods are trivial, running them blue is completely viable. No real danger outside of few bosses like Pen, Grotto or Spider Lair. For this map tier, you have 3 very simple goals:

* 6-linked bow with +2 gems (ilvl 64+)
* Correct Flask setup
* Carcass Jack / Cherrubim's Maleficence (optional)

It's possible that you've acquired money for all of them before killing Kitava. If not, simple unid chaos recipe should do the trick. Body armours are optional boost to damage/clear. They're meant to help you early on, only to be replaced once you engage harder content.

Your primary goal right now is acquiring 6-linked bow, it's very simple. Buy ilvl 64+ 6-link bow, then spam alts/augs to roll +2 bow gems (prefix). You should get it within ~100 alts. The links on the bow should look like this:

CA - Vicious Projectiles - Void Manipulation - Swift Affliction - Damage on Full Life - Concentrated Effect

Keep in mind that you can use Efficacy instead of Concentrated Effect permanently, provides higher AoE for small price in damage. You also can always switch Swift Affliction with Greater Multiple Projectiles for map clearing. The AoE coverage is massive QoL in exchange for single target damage, which you can always solve by switching the gems again.

One of the things you should get are flasks with right mods. They're very important. Not having right flasks will heavily affect your survivability. 2 instant Divine Life Flasks with at least one having bleeding removal, Jade Flask with at least 90% increased evasion and Quicksilver Flask with curse immunity.

Yellow maps:
Passive Tree Progression (level 87)

This is where you'll spend quite a lot of time, recommended level is 80-90. This map tier isn't too risky, but some map mods might be deadly without proper defences/damage. Goals for this tier:

* +3 gems 6-linked bow
* Phasing path (uber Labyrinth)
* Level 21 CA gem
* 20% quality gems
* General gear upgrades

The +3 bow is the primary goal in yellow maps. You should craft it by yourself, as it's the cheapest way of acquiring one. Check crafting section for full details how to do it.

Once you have proper damage and defences, you can face Izaro inside uber Labyrinth. You will be safe as long as you dodge his attacks, which you should do with ease. Allocate remaining points in phasing path and ignore elemental ailments! Do not forget you need to have phasing/onslaught/maximum frenzy charges in order to gain the immunity.

Around the high tier yellow maps most of your gems will reach level 20. When that happens, the most important part is to vaal your maxed CA gems. Corrupting level 20 gem might increase it to 21, giving you significant damage boost.

Non-CA gems shouldn't be vaaled, quality is much more important on them. You can easily raise it with following vendor recipe (sell to shopkeeper):

Level 20 gem + 1 Gemcutter's Prism = Level 1 gem with 20% quality

It will lower your damage/defence for a short while, but within an hour or two there will be barely any difference at all with higher end game potential.

Do not forget about your other gear, it's equally important. Get more life and resistances, good jewels, CA helmet enchantment and all the other good stuff. Evasion gear is also important In short, upgrade it whenever you need, whenever you can.

Red maps:
Passive Tree Progression (level 93)

That's where mapping becomes tough. Monsters can hit hard, map bosses become tanky, map mods are huge pain. Your damage should carry you through most maps easily, but the bosses combined with some map mods can be too scary. The 5 following goals of this map tier will fix all these issues tier:

* Kintsugi
* Elder Ring with +4-5% chance to Evade Attacks (one required, two for additional safety)
* Malevolence aura
* Empower 3/4
* 7-link +3 Elder bow.

In that order. It's best to acquire Kintsugi as soon as possible. It's a cheap and underrated unique. Gives massive defensive boost for your character.

Despite very high evasion and Kintsugi on top of it, some maps might still give you a lot of troubles. Elder Ring should solve these problems. Paired with Jade Flask, Dread Banner and 25% more evasion from Onslaught path, it can reach up to 95% evade chance cap. You need ~70% chance on character sheet with Jade Flask up to be evade capped. Two rings are recommended, but one should be enough.

After you acquire Elder Ring/s, you will be able to switch aura from Grace to Malevolence without hurting your defensive capabilities... If you haven't switched earlier. However you can always stick with Grace for extra safety.

Once you upgrade your defences, the next upgrade should be Empower gem. Level 3 is easily enough for majority of the content. Level 4 would be ideal, but it costs massive amounts of money. Price is very high early on and drops over time. Empower replaces Damage on Full Life OR Concentrated Effect, your call.

Elder 7-link bow is a goal you probably won't reach. It increases damage output by ~15% more... for a price. It's not necessary to do all end game content, just makes it slightly easier. Once you get all other upgrades, optimize your gear and everything else - you can think about wasting money on crafting/buying one.

After that, all you can do now is enjoy the build, kill some end game bosses and look for another build you want to play.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Tetrad um 09.08.2019, 13:49:11
"
I would recommend you to reread the guide on "Mapping Progression"

Well that's embarrassing. I didn't even see that section, so I never read it. It has a good level 80 tree to work off of, thanks!
Zuletzt bearbeitet von antelopesalad um 09.08.2019, 15:42:05

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: