Weaver did not drop Maligaro's Spike

Hmm, there was a problem that we fixed. I guess something is happening again!
Balance & Design
We need more information to work out what's going wrong.
There used to be a bug where if a minion set something on fire (or other DoT effect) and then was deleted (not just killed) by being a skeleton or by exploding or shattering, and then the DoT killed the monster, the quest drops would not work. This was fixed.

I can confirm at this stage that this is still fixed. I've just had two bandit leaders die to burning from deleted minions, and both drop amulets perfectly, and Merveil/Brutus granted their quest flags correctly. That bug has not returned.

So whatever's happening now is some new problem, and I haven't been able to replicate it yet. Since it's not a crash, there's no crash dumps for me to check, so the only way I can find out what's going on is for you guys to give me as much information as possible about the situations in which you encounter this. What minions you're using (with what supports), whether you noticed and Dot effects being in play, how often you can repeat it and especially what seems to be necessary for that, any detail could be useful. Maybe it's to do with minions which you've brought with you from other areas? Unlikely, but if I don't know whether you have or not I can't replicate the situation.

Where possible, please stick to the facts as much as you can over your speculations as to the underlying issue, as in the past these have coloured the feedback we're receiving about what happens to the point that they drive us in completely the wrong direction (and cause others seeing them to write similar reports and thus forget/omit the actually relevant details).

So far, I haven't been able to have this happen, so I need your help to fix this.

Character names are also useful as Rory can test local copies of your character to try to replicate the situation as closely as possible.
"
Stretch163 schrieb:
We had this problem 3 times and figured out what was causing it.

Basically was in group of 3.

2 had already completed quest. And we discovered that if someone had completed quest and they started the instance then the spike would not appear.

We confirmed this in game by having the person that had not completed the quest start the instance and spike dropped fine.

We were unable to reproduce this, it seemed to work for us! Were there any other variables that could have affected it? Was someone in the party playing a Minion or Totem character?
Balance & Design
We still can't get this to happen locally. That either means it is a problem that can't happen on our servers, something more mysterious is causing the bug, or it is fixed locally and will be fixed for Beta when we deploy 0.10.0. For now, we'll have to wait and see!
Balance & Design

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: