[3.24] Icicle Mines / Eye of Winter Deadeye - Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

"
aerial schrieb:
"
Roxan28 schrieb:
Your build looks tempting. I have few questions regarding the content: Does it work well against Blight and blighted maps? How much is this build affected by Heatshiver's nerf (70% reduced damage) ?

It is still ok build, but heatshiver nerf is a dps nerf, compared to previous version, no way around it. Every trash mob, rare mob you hit, even on most basic rushed gear, you lose bunch of damage you would otherwise have with heatshiver.
All cold crit builds got affected by this equally, since heatshiver was best in slot for all of them, and also being fairly common/cheap item it was early massive upgrade for all of them, it was the item you rushed to buy, because how good damage gain was.

Your maps per hour should not go down with this build though. (Which is the important benchmark, in my opinion).
The Heatshiver nerf is probably a big deal for some other builds or Sanctum farmers / Uber farmers.
For any mapping version of this build, no tattoos seems worse than the Heatshiver nerf^^.
At least we get 30% movement speed from Oath of the Maji very early :D.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von 99prosorc um 03.12.2023, 16:11:17
Hello. I am just trying the build in acts and having a total blast. Cant wait to league start and rush maps.

I was just wondering, would you change or recommend something specific for Legion farming? I've seen some videos on YT and this build should excel at it.

Thanks for this great guide!:)
Few questions:

1) We can reroll new "bonus" ascensions later, right?

2) Why the "chaining range" notable? Icicle mine chains? Couldn't figure that out.

3) Scion works for that build, right? Or it's something specific about ranger in it? I just don't want to level another character later. (Slapped together the same build for league start https://poeplanner.com/b/UYD)
Do you intend on crafting that new simplex yourself? Do you have a method of crafting you're already aiming for?
"
99prosorc schrieb:
"
aerial schrieb:
"
Roxan28 schrieb:
Your build looks tempting. I have few questions regarding the content: Does it work well against Blight and blighted maps? How much is this build affected by Heatshiver's nerf (70% reduced damage) ?

It is still ok build, but heatshiver nerf is a dps nerf, compared to previous version, no way around it. Every trash mob, rare mob you hit, even on most basic rushed gear, you lose bunch of damage you would otherwise have with heatshiver.
All cold crit builds got affected by this equally, since heatshiver was best in slot for all of them, and also being fairly common/cheap item it was early massive upgrade for all of them, it was the item you rushed to buy, because how good damage gain was.

Your maps per hour should not go down with this build though. (Which is the important benchmark, in my opinion).
The Heatshiver nerf is probably a big deal for some other builds or Sanctum farmers / Uber farmers.
For any mapping version of this build, no tattoos seems worse than the Heatshiver nerf^^.
At least we get 30% movement speed from Oath of the Maji very early :D.

What is Oath of the Maji ? I cant find any item with that name
Just a question do we care about the icicle mines +proj from the detonation sequence or not ?
Couse i played with pyroclast mines before and i didnt really enjoyet that one. Standing in one place and just throw mines to get the chain going to get the best dps out of it felt clunky at least for me.

Also the transfigured icicle seems good, the one that doesnt shoot in a circle but at the enemy. It could be better at single target than EoW no ?
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Heely337 um 04.12.2023, 06:00:38
"
Piece08x9 schrieb:

What is Oath of the Maji ? I cant find any item with that name

Affliction ascendancy passive:
Oath of the Maji
•Defences from Equipped Body Armour are doubled if it has no Socketed Gems.
•+50% to all Elemental Resistances if you have an Equipped Helmet with no Socketed Gems.
•25% increased Maximum Life if you have Equipped Gloves with no Socketed Gems.
•30% increased Movement Speed if you have Equipped Boots with no Socketed Gems.
"
Heely337 schrieb:
Just a question do we care about the icicle mines +proj from the detonation sequence or not ?
Couse i played with pyroclast mines before and i didnt really enjoyet that one. Standing in one place and just throw mines to get the chain going to get the best dps out of it felt clunky at least for me.

Also the transfigured icicle seems good, the one that doesnt shoot in a circle but at the enemy. It could be better at single target than EoW no ?

We don't. The projectiles don't shotgun / stack.
We have to test the transfigured one, I guess. It will be more single target dps, because it has higher damage already. If it feels weird in maps, you could gem swap vs. endgame bosses too (+2 proj Icicle for mapping, transfigured Icicle for endgame bosses).
"
Prof549 schrieb:
Few questions:

1) We can reroll new "bonus" ascensions later, right?

2) Why the "chaining range" notable? Icicle mine chains? Couldn't figure that out.

3) Scion works for that build, right? Or it's something specific about ranger in it? I just don't want to level another character later. (Slapped together the same build for league start https://poeplanner.com/b/UYD)

1) yes
2) yes
3) yes
This build can even reliably freeze uber bosses. No matter how you approach it, with heatshiver nerf along with removal of boot enchant we lost approx %40 damage.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: