[3.24] Icicle Mines / Eye of Winter Deadeye - Cheap / League Starter / Fast Mapper / 1st Day T16

I've had some questions and would love it if you helped me with them.

1 - Why do we use skitterbots since we manually detonate mines anyway? I really don't understand this gem...
2 - Does proj speed apply to mine throw speed? If not, what is it useful for?
"
Poizoom schrieb:

1 - Why do we use skitterbots since we manually detonate mines anyway? I really don't understand this gem...
2 - Does proj speed apply to mine throw speed? If not, what is it useful for?

First of all im not good at all the complex stuff that happens in PoE, but i guess your two questions are kinda trivial:

1: Just look at the gem description from the PoE Wiki, it gives MORE damage to Traps and Mines and also other stuff.

2: No it does not apply to mine throwing speed, but when we detonate the mine the projectiles benefit from the increase in projectile speed, resulting in better clear/dps in general.

"
SgtBFG schrieb:
Hey just wanted to ask, do we need to live with the lower light radius once the transition to dissolution + rathpit is made? Or is there a way to circumvent this?

Build is a banger so far!

edit: nvm im dumb

I was wondering the same thing. Did you find a way to deal with it?
"
DevilMayCry93 schrieb:
"
Poizoom schrieb:

First of all im not good at all the complex stuff that happens in PoE, but i guess your two questions are kinda trivial:

1: Just look at the gem description from the PoE Wiki, it gives MORE damage to Traps and Mines and also other stuff.

TL;DR: Skitterbots = more chill. More chill = more damage and chill from your mines = target frozen = more damage

Skitterbots is multi-purpose, but it's primary use is so you can freeze enemies easier.

It should be linked with Bonechill Support and Unbound Ailments at a minimum, enlighten is a bonus.

The other stuff Devil is referring to is that they also shock and chill monsters.

They run around so fast they pre-apply shock and chill to your targets which increases your damage to those targets based on certain thresholds. If you use Path of Building, in the configuration settings (under "For effective DPS" section) you can tick up the shock and chill values to find those break points for your build.

Having Skitterbots with Bonechill and Unbound Ailments increases their ability to apply higher chill values which also makes it easier to freeze enemies. It is necessary if your goal is to permafreeze bosses.

Higher level monsters with greater resistances require higher breakpoints to apply the same level of chill and freeze them... not to mention once you start including map mods that increase their resistances it becomes increasingly more difficult to reach the level of chill required to freeze.

Supposedly they also detonate mines for you (they go off so fast I'm not 100% sure if this mechanic actually works). If the tooltip is accurate they will detonate mines and re-arm them allowing for a second detonation. If true, that's 2 mines for the price of one.

Once you start to scale your damage higher and higher the effect adds up to hundreds of thousands of extra damage as well.

Hope this over explanation helps clear things up :)
Skitterbots also have 10% more mine damage.
Normally just for this small base shock we wouldn't need it. If you use Yoke of Suffering amulet, you make cold damage shock, icicle hits hard per hit, so easy 50% shock (more than supported skitterbots). You could also apply bonechill on bosses with something like frostblink if you really want. But even then skitterbots is pretty efficient reservation skill, feels like a waste to run yoke amulet and lose shock portion of skitterbots.

Meanwhile I'm progressing build as well. I went rathpith + dissolution route. Initially also ran kaoms gloves and berserk. Extra speed feels good, but this buff is by no means permanent, it will always cycle, pretty annoying. SO i ditched it for other gloves.

With Nimis single target damage doubles, thers no penalty to dmg for returning proj (unlike support gem), and we don't lose support gem slot, it is no-brainer.
Also with just proj speed we get from all our nodes, tattoos, items, no need veng cascade anoint. Returning projectiles always pierce, so this alone provides plenty of aoe, just 1 chain from ascendency is perfectly enough. I did run with gloomfang for quite long, and honestly with nimis, i don't see the difference. Projectiles that return go all the way to other side of screen, piercing every single target. And with all the mines with throw, everything gets hit.

I'm also using Petrified Blood, instead of Grace, ditched Hatred long time ago. Petrified blood normal gem 21/20, makes you take 75% of 40% damage from hit as dot over 4s. That is 30% over 4s. So 30% recoup counters it, as long as you don't run reduced recovery map. Initially I tried with Eternal Youth instead (33% life regen per second as recharge, which is way stronger than recoup). Prob with Eternal Youth is, if you get hit hard enough that life gets reserved and it dips to your actual hp, regens stops for 2s. Sometimes you run to next pack, you dont cast spells, so your life has chance to regen to 50% (and stop because of petrified blood). If then you get hit hard enough so you reserve more than 50% life, and it actually dips into that regenerated hp, then recharge stops. Ppl though it is a bug, but turns out this is intended, and in future patch itll also apply dot dots (they will also stop recharge). This basically means Eternal Youth route is dead, need to go with recoup.
Tldr of this, Petrified blood with recoup = 40% less damage from hits, with no downside. I'd say this is better than grace.
Firstly, thank you very much for your construction. I have a standard configuration of 3L, but killing the map owner is still a bit slow. I want a higher DPS. I am playing on Tencent's server, and the price of 'The Shroud of No Light' is as high as 5D. Should I use 6L or Legion March?
with the rathpith + dissolution do you still use detonate on left click?
Where ever you go,
There you are!
Chest vs boots is basically +5 chest and 6L vs +9 boots 4L.
Chest will be more damage, 2 supports are worth more than +4 gem level.
But you can't use shroud, and you end up being more squishy.
"
SgtBFG schrieb:
Hey just wanted to ask, do we need to live with the lower light radius once the transition to dissolution + rathpit is made? Or is there a way to circumvent this?

Build is a banger so far!

edit: nvm im dumb

What was the solution to the low light radius? I am finding it a little annoying as well.
"
aerial schrieb:
Chest vs boots is basically +5 chest and 6L vs +9 boots 4L.
Chest will be more damage, 2 supports are worth more than +4 gem level.
But you can't use shroud, and you end up being more squishy.

Tencent server is now the third day, not so fast progress, I can now at most choose 6L +2 clothes or +7 shoes

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: