[3.20] Ice Crash Ignite Elementalist

"
FemaleRepellent schrieb:
How does deadly ailments support interact with ignite? Does "deal 80% less damage with hits" affect resulting ignite damage, making it pointless?

If im not mistaken the 80% less damage applies to the ice crash not the ignite
I see that author made a lot of adjustments to his original concept (not in the guide, I just looked up his character), to introduce more survivability options I guess. But with all the changes, does ice crash still inflict primarily fire damage? Since heatshiver and shaper of winter were dropped, I would assume the only conversion left is Pyre. Maybe drop it completely?

I just saw that cold to fire support was added as well. I wonder if it's temporary setup. Cause shaper of flames is just 25% more damage, a different skill gem could provide more I think.
I'm getting very confused by ignite mechanics (because there's way too much contradicting information over the internet). Can somebody answer my question?
For ignites inflicted by cold damage part, are they affected by the following?
- increased cold damage
- increased fire damage
- increased burning damage
- fire damage over time multiplier
I'm asking because there is contradicting information on the wiki, forums, reddit, whatever. Wiki says base damage is taken before increased modifiers and ignite is only affected by fire damage increase, many forum posts say it's affected by modifiers of the damage type that inflicts ignite only.
I would guess that resulting ignite damage is affected by
- increased damage modifier for the type that inflicted ignite
- increased burning damage
- more fire damage modifier
- all more modifiers applying to the skill that inflicted ignite that don't specify they only affect damage of hits
- fire damage over time multiplier
But at this point this is just a wild guess because it contradicts what wiki says.

Also, it seems that PoB applies "more cold damage" multiplier from Hatred to ignite. How is that possible I don't get at all. Does it work because it applies to cold portion of base ignite damage before conversion?

I think I figured it out. It follows regular rules of conversion, so hatred applies to both hit and ailment, because before conversion source of damage was cold. So both more fire and more cold multipliers will work, as long as they apply to all damage and not just hits. I wouldn't be surprised if cold damage over time multiplier works as well.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von FemaleRepellent um 13.12.2022, 16:53:38
I mentioned in the /r/pathofexilebuilds thread that I was planning on making a staff variant of your build. It's working out very nicely, here's how it currently looks: https://pobb.in/qD8qqNDVpDco

A few notes:
- Militant faith "converted by High Templar Avarius" - Power of Purpose node is good for about 5k armour, 48% elemental damage and 36% non-damaging ailment effect with my current allocated nodes in the region
- Vitiating (55% increased life recovered, remove 10% of life recovered from mana) flask prefix downside does not apply since we're using Eldritch Battery.
- "Overlord" large cluster notable grants Fortify for staff attacks with no other investment. Not applicable to the main build but super nice for this variant.
- I found the elemental leech to energy shield mastery unnecessary, same with the "regen 200 es near unique" body armour craft suggested in OP.
- The "Recover 2% of life when you ignite a non-ignited enemy" fire mastery is really nice for mapping
- I use a Sinvicta's Mettle weapon swap for easy rampage. I use a 5 link frostblink in the sinvicta's to start the rampage quickly (though the main Ice crash also works)
- Divergent blood rage gives elemental leech
Zuletzt bearbeitet von VCsp1ky um 13.12.2022, 23:53:47
Hey man, thanks for sharing the build.

I'm running a version of this but using Story of the Vaal. Everything just stops lol, EXCEPT Einhar beasts and Harvest devourers, they are are a pain to avoid.

How do you handle those rare encounters with this build?
The pale flame of his heart disappeared in his azure reflection.
The work of a life.
Ambitious, and unfinished.
Hi dude thx for the build but what is the order on ascendacy pls? i realle need to know ;)
"
xavilla4 schrieb:
Hi dude thx for the build but what is the order on ascendacy pls? i realle need to know ;)

You need to take Shaper of Flames first cause that's what makes all hits ignite. I would suggest to take bastion of elements for survivability next, and respec it later into heart of destruction. Or not respec, cause this build has some survivability issues and 15% more damage on average I don't think is a fair tradeof for bastion of elements. You can take Shaper of winter when you equip heatshiver, or use a different helmet (Echoes of creation) and ignore it completely (then you can take both bastion of elements and heart of destruction). That's a budget friendly variant if you can't afford polaric - you get extra damage from using seismic cry to make slam attacks (which ice crash is) exert, causing more damage from Echoes of creation helmet mod to exerted attacks. In this case Shaper of winter will not provide extra damage because you don't get extra damage against chilled enemies from Heatshiver mod.
"
FemaleRepellent schrieb:
"
xavilla4 schrieb:

You need to take Shaper of Flames first cause that's what makes all hits ignite. I would suggest to take bastion of elements for survivability next, and respec it later into heart of destruction. Or not respec, cause this build has some survivability issues and 15% more damage on average I don't think is a fair tradeof for bastion of elements. You can take Shaper of winter when you equip heatshiver, or use a different helmet (Echoes of creation) and ignore it completely (then you can take both bastion of elements and heart of destruction). That's a budget friendly variant if you can't afford polaric - you get extra damage from using seismic cry to make slam attacks (which ice crash is) exert, causing more damage from Echoes of creation helmet mod to exerted attacks. In this case Shaper of winter will not provide extra damage because you don't get extra damage against chilled enemies from Heatshiver mod.

Ok thx for the nice response and explaining so much, Much appreciated.
In case anyone is interested in my staff variant, here's how it currently looks: https://pobb.in/FZsKhKUEzpAh.

Changes since last post above:
Got the frigid wake jewels (cost ~ 20 div)

Anointed whispers of doom to run flammability + ele weakness in arcanist brand

75/75% block with glancing blows
- 2% recovery on attack block mastery
- Vengeance + life gain on hit
- Riposte + life gain on hit + melee splash

Brutal restraint near templar for
- Onslaught on kill
- 5% phys as additional cold
- max life / move speed

Chest now has the regenerate 150 es while near rare or unique as it did end up becoming annoying with less energy shield on my gear.
How does this build feel against bosses? I'm currently doing a build from Kripparrian with Story of the Vaal and it barely does any damage to the bosses. Or I'm doing something wrong
Zuletzt bearbeitet von penetrator9000 um 12.01.2023, 16:47:05

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: