[3.8] ShakCentral's Tornado Shot For Dummies

"
ftw2255 schrieb:
"
The two things you can do to prevent deaths are to lean more heavily on defense or lean extra heavily into damage.

Only 1 of your jewels has life on it, and that's a good place to start for survivability. If one-shots are a problem, a life flask isn't doing much for you, and I'd consider swapping it out for a defensive flask. You're right next to quite a few life nodes on the tree, and you could either respec into a few of them, or just map at a slightly lower level for a few levels and allocate some more life.

I would love to go the DPS route for both tackling higher tier maps and bosses. Right now bosses are kinda hard at T12+ any tips to kind of be able to kill them?

To be totally honest, the MF version is going to struggle with high tier bosses. The MF build is designed to generate massive currency in low-tier maps and has always functioned that way. For higher DPS and bossing potential, you'll need to either be using a Headhunter or switch to the Dex-Stacking variant of the build. The MF gear just doesn't have room for as much DPS as the other versions of the build.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Hi,

first of all - thanks for the amazing work that made me try out the Tornado Shot as my first build that i played into endgame.

I'm currently assembling the gear that you put into the PoB Profile for the Speed Variant ( https://pastebin.com/PFqK1zTd )and am switching over to Tornado Shot from the leveling build.

But it seems that i overleveled my blue gems (Curse on hit, Assassin's Mark) because i do not have enough int to make them work.

When i look into the PoB i realized that those builds are not getting to the required int for the level of the mentioned gems aswell(lvl 20 curse on hit requires 111 int but the build with max int (inspired learning) only has 107).

What am i overlooking here? And are there effective ways of getting more int or should i just stick to the gem levels that i can support with my current gear?

Second Question is about Mana: When i activate Grace and Herald of Ice it leaves me with only 23% of my Mana (111) atm, so i can do two Tornado Shots with my mana pool. Is it supposed to be this way and will i be getting enough mana through leech when i complete the claw nodes with lioneyes fall?

Thanks!
Zuletzt bearbeitet von 2af7ih um 15.10.2019, 05:24:13
"
2af7ih schrieb:
Hi,

first of all - thanks for the amazing work that made me try out the Tornado Shot as my first build that i played into endgame.

I'm currently assembling the gear that you put into the PoB Profile for the Speed Variant ( https://pastebin.com/PFqK1zTd )and am switching over to Tornado Shot from the leveling build.

But it seems that i overleveled my blue gems (Curse on hit, Assassin's Mark) because i do not have enough int to make them work.

When i look into the PoB i realized that those builds are not getting to the required int for the level of the mentioned gems aswell(lvl 20 curse on hit requires 111 int but the build with max int (inspired learning) only has 107).

What am i overlooking here? And are there effective ways of getting more int or should i just stick to the gem levels that i can support with my current gear?

Second Question is about Mana: When i activate Grace and Herald of Ice it leaves me with only 23% of my Mana (111) atm, so i can do two Tornado Shots with my mana pool. Is it supposed to be this way and will i be getting enough mana through leech when i complete the claw nodes with lioneyes fall?

Thanks!

The Int is a good point, and you often will end up taking a 30 Int node if needed and you can't get any Int on gear.

The claw node conversion will leave you with plenty of leech for TS. Remember that Mirage Archer fills in the gaps in your shots while you leech the mana back
Thanks for clarification.

What amulet anointment would you recommend for this build?
"
2af7ih schrieb:
Thanks for clarification.

What amulet anointment would you recommend for this build?

Reposting what I wrote earlier to keep it easy:

"
ShakCentral schrieb:
There are a few good options. If Blight becomes a mechanic that stays around I'll add an anointing section.

Whispers of Doom is one of the best options for the additional curse. Skittering Runes could be an option as well.

Throatseeker is a great option for crit.

Freedom of Movement is good for move speed and phasing and defense.

Heart of Thunder is niche but pretty cool.
sorry - didn't realize you already answered that, thanks!

i'm gettin to the point where i can put more jewels into my gear - but i'm not sure what to focus on here. flat lightning/cold damage and life or crit chance/multiplier? (35% chance to crit and 359& multiplier atm)

sorry to keep you busy with all this questions, like i said - first char that got into mapping ;)
Minor update for me, I underestimated how fun even 1 Inspired Learning jewel is with no Headhunter! I don't even know how to measure if it's any stronger than a damage jewel, but it makes running endless Burial Chambers more exciting.

2af7ih: Flat damage is probably better than multi, and almost certainly better than crit chance. I like to let the market decide if it's close. For example, I would do a "Sum" search on trade site for all the highest priority mods I was interested in and buy the highest sorted option in my budget.

Sum of [
Added Lightning to Attacks
Added Lightning to Bow Attacks
Added Cold to Attacks
Added Cold to Bow Attacks
Crit Multi
Maximum Life
Movement Speed
]

If something sorts to near the top on this combined sum AND has another mod you didn't specify that is not useless, grab that one! Added Fire, Added Chaos, Crit Chance, Attributes, Resistance, etc might not be worth putting in the search but could be great "for free" relative to their price.

Including life means you will probably get a life jewel though, because of the difference in numeric scale, not sure how to fix (if you want life but don't want to weight it quite so highly relative to damage)
Zuletzt bearbeitet von kobo1d um 19.10.2019, 23:48:32
Hi again! I wanted to maximize my HH and am going to use the items you suggested in the guide. I was just wondering how you set up your curses? Since Temp chains reserves no mana with Vigil, we're suppose to link it with Blasphemy correct? Since were doing that, we would have to take of Ass. mark. Is this how you guys would do it or am I missing something?
-Thanks <3
"
xBadGrandma schrieb:
Hi again! I wanted to maximize my HH and am going to use the items you suggested in the guide. I was just wondering how you set up your curses? Since Temp chains reserves no mana with Vigil, we're suppose to link it with Blasphemy correct? Since were doing that, we would have to take of Ass. mark. Is this how you guys would do it or am I missing something?
-Thanks <3

There are multiple ways to configure your outcome with Headhunter. Some people use Shackles of the Wretched with Kaom's Roots to self-Temp Chains, making their Headhunter buffs last absurdly long.

Some people put Assassins Mark on Herald of Ice.

Some people use Enlighten and Blasphemy with their Temp Chains.

It's up to you
"
kobo1d schrieb:
Minor update for me, I underestimated how fun even 1 Inspired Learning jewel is with no Headhunter! I don't even know how to measure if it's any stronger than a damage jewel, but it makes running endless Burial Chambers more exciting.

2af7ih: Flat damage is probably better than multi, and almost certainly better than crit chance. I like to let the market decide if it's close. For example, I would do a "Sum" search on trade site for all the highest priority mods I was interested in and buy the highest sorted option in my budget.

Sum of [
Added Lightning to Attacks
Added Lightning to Bow Attacks
Added Cold to Attacks
Added Cold to Bow Attacks
Crit Multi
Maximum Life
Movement Speed
]

If something sorts to near the top on this combined sum AND has another mod you didn't specify that is not useless, grab that one! Added Fire, Added Chaos, Crit Chance, Attributes, Resistance, etc might not be worth putting in the search but could be great "for free" relative to their price.

Including life means you will probably get a life jewel though, because of the difference in numeric scale, not sure how to fix (if you want life but don't want to weight it quite so highly relative to damage)

kobo1d:
Thanks for the idea - i put up a search like you suggested and am now experimenting with the weights.

Another question that came to my mind while reading up on jewels with TS builds is this:
Since i'm using Bubonic Trails Boots, should i prioritize getting other abyss types or focus on the superior flat damage amount on searching eye jewels?

In general, if someone feels like having a look at my current gear and point out flaws or suggest next-step updates (apart from the buy order in the guide for the movement speed build) i'd really appreciate it, link is: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/2af7ih/characters

Zuletzt bearbeitet von 2af7ih um 24.10.2019, 16:34:26

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: