3.8| Stress Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

The new Build is out! The new Build is out! Thank you WOD for that.

Looking forward, I am very interested in what people are thinking of Minion Instability. Is it a great damage boost? Any sense if it is causing a lot of extra Zombie endings (I'm thinking that early Zombie demise is a bad thing - but perhaps the damage makes it worth while?)? What about Vaal Skeletons? They have been my go to Boss Mechanic for some time. Do they feel better or worse with Infernal Legion? Perhaps the fun factor makes it doubly worth while?

WOD: I was glad to hear about the Zombie Slam cooldown being improved (from the 3.7 Guide). I could not figure that out.

For those who like to fiddle with the Tree, consider

Dropping Minion Damage just below Lord of the Dead
And adding Minion Damage and Accuracy just left of Righteous Army
Then dropping Minion Damage in the Death Attunement wheel
And adding Spiritual Aid

I'm curious if Minion Accuracy has any effect on Skeleton damage.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
Zuletzt bearbeitet von walkjohn55 um 05.09.2019, 09:15:05
So excited this is up, cannot wait! Thanks so much WoD for the hard work and putting up with my relentless questions!

A few things I've noted -Ball Lightning (Level 4) links to minion life support.
On the tree Violent Dead gems are still showing (No longer in game)
East of Elemental Equilibrium the grave Pact ring no longer exists in 3.8 is this taken as a place holder for the new Indomitable Army? (If so also gives back 2 points - 6 ring vs 4)

Edit: I was wondering why ball lighting vs other lighting skills like Arc?

With so many minion nodes now makes me wish we had more points to spend :)

Edit: Some gem info for anyone who may have missed it/dont use Reddit information provided by Rory_Rackham Balance & Design

Summon Skeleton summons 3 at once at level 11, 4 at once at level 21, 5 at once at level 31.

The maximum number of skeletons is 6 at 6, 7 at 12, 8 at 18, 9 at 24, 10 at 30 and 11 at 36.

The max zombies are 4 at 5, 5 at 10, 6 at 15, 7 at 20, 8 at 25, 9 at 30 and 10 at 35.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Salerk um 05.09.2019, 10:43:52
Do you plan to update it further for 3.8?
Minion instability will be a GREAT benefit in endgame.
The minions never die before then, it may be a little clunky in the early game, but once minions generate their own life, that is over.
I really want to see 10 zombies and 50 skelies explode on the phoenix!
F that guy...

I wish skeletons would just explode after their 20 second lifespan, but that's probably too OP :)

Spiritual aid, and Righteous Army, and Redemption are a staple of this build, they've been in for a while, check the pastebin. https://pastebin.com/9ZgZuE6k

Is it 3pm Friday yet?!?!?!? I'm not going to sleep tonight... feels like Christmas!

When I blow by 90 (EASY with this lady) I think I'm going Indomitable army, more life, more explode ;) Or aligned spirits because I do want them to explode sometimes, mostly on bosses/gaurdians, where they are going to die anyways.

The hardest part of this build is stopping to drop skeletons, but it sooooo worth stopping to drop skeletons!

When you import to POB, and switch to the 3.8 tree the ascendancy is messed up, but everything else looks good...
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Zuletzt bearbeitet von GrunkleBob um 05.09.2019, 09:36:41
"
GrunkleBob schrieb:

Spiritual aid, and Righteous Army, and Redemption are a staple of this build, they've been in for a while, check the pastebin. https://pastebin.com/9ZgZuE6k

When you import to POB, and switch to the 3.8 tree the ascendancy is messed up, but everything else looks good...

(just in case, since you seem to referencing the 3.7 Build)

WOD has put out a Tree based on 3.8 for this Build. It's on POE Planner and it is the link labelled
Passive tree link
at the start of the Passive Tree Spoiler

https://bit.ly/2m0lNMM

This is the Tree that my previous remarks were based upon.

Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
Just wanted to to say thank you for updating this build once again!!! Starting with it this league!!! i am so ready!!
:: Man in black fled across the desert, and the gun slinger followed"
I am wondering if SRS with infernal legion can be included or worthwhile to add to this build as we are taking Minion Instability.

5/6 Link - Main Skill (Socket in your chest)
-Raise Zombie
-Minion Damage Support
-Feeding Frenzy Support
-Minion Life Support
-Fortify Support
-Elemental Army Support

4 Link - Minion Bombs (Socket in helmet)
-Vaal Summon Skeletons
-Infernal Legion
-Minion Damage Support
-Minion Life Support

4 Link
-Ball Lightning
-Curse on Hit Support
-Enfeeble
-Temporal Chains / Elemental Weakness

4 Link
-Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1) -
-Desecrate
-An Offering Skill of your choice (Level 8)
-Phase Run (Level 3)

2 Link, 3 Socket
-Hatred
-Generosity Support
-Carrion Golem

3 Link, 3 Socket
-SRS
-Infernal Legion
-Spell totem Support

Drop 1 totem every 8 sec and alternate casting between skelly and ball lightning.

Not sure if Hex Master will still be useful or it can be worth more to shift to Spiritual Aid or Redemption.

"
Stefacle schrieb:
Tried your Slow builds in the past and loved them, so easy to follow and play, even in SSF.

After playing melee last league, I'm gonna give your Slow-mo build a go once again in Blight SSF.
Hey Stefacle,
Thanks for the kind words! Let me know what you think! It'll be new for all of us since many of the gems are really new.

"
Korpivaellus schrieb:
This gonna be my start build in blight.
Never play necro before.
Hey Korpivaellus,

Thanks for giving it a shot! (I hear this is the league to try out minions ;).) Let me know what you think. I'm always up for suggestions on the guide and build.

"
Katalaeia schrieb:
Spoiler
Bringing forward a response from the other thread so all the information is in the same spot :)

"
Wrecker_of_Days schrieb:
The Zombie Slam cooldown is now in the gem. At level 20, each zombie will only have a 1-second cooldown for the skill. It's much better than it used to be. Zombies also deal more damage and have more life than they used to. They will get insanely strong past level 20 as well.

Right, I follow this line of thought, but previously the slam had no cooldown. This is where a lot of the theorycrafting I am seeing pop up is coming from - if "perma-slam" is no longer a thing - what effect, if any, will it have on clear speed?

I tend to fall on the side of, "according to the math, it doesn't seem like it will be THAT bad", but I also don't disregard the possibility that the impact could be significant. It's something we'll have to wait and see with especially with the changes to minion behavior.

I will admit, I am looking forward to throwing some fiery bone grenades around in the form of Skeletons with Minion Instability ;)
Hey Katalaeia,

Zombie Slam actually had a 5-second cooldown before. It was lessened by the Zombie Ascendancy node and the Violent Dead jewels. Think of it this way, the skill will naturally cast Zombie Slam about once a second, which is the same as the old version with the previous guide. So you get the same frequence of the slam but you don't have to invest in any jewels or ascendancy node to get it! So now you get more nodes, jewels, and an ascendancy node :).

I'm looking forward to the Skeleton bombs too.

Always nice to hear from you. Let us know how the build goes.

"
GrunkleBob schrieb:
Spoiler
OMG WOD!!!!
I'm so pumped about your build, I don't even care about the league!!! LOL!

My only question, and it's really a big one.
Can I get an ax with some lightning damage and be a leap slamming cycloner with EE procs at my command? Because I think that would be my all time favorite playstyle :)
I love not being stunned and dream fragments ;)

Great guide again my friend, I can not wait for tomorrow night!

Will there still be +2 helmets? we are talking level 25 minions here... im shaking!!

Played your 3.7 to 3rd ascendancy this week... I am ready... LET'S GO!!!!!

Oh a hint for lab enchantments, look for lightning, fire and cold will hurt the build. Man, a nice lightning enchant will be so awesome!

Also I will be buying 6 raise zombies to level five extras in my alt weapons to try for sweet 21/20% corruption, or the dream 21/23% in the temple.
Ha ha ha. Awesome. Hey GrunkleBob. Ya, you can. Just play around with the Ball lightning links and replace Phase Run. Have a graet time Leap Slamming! :)

"
walkjohn55 schrieb:
Spoiler
The new Build is out! The new Build is out! Thank you WOD for that.

Looking forward, I am very interested in what people are thinking of Minion Instability. Is it a great damage boost? Any sense if it is causing a lot of extra Zombie endings (I'm thinking that early Zombie demise is a bad thing - but perhaps the damage makes it worth while?)? What about Vaal Skeletons? They have been my go to Boss Mechanic for some time. Do they feel better or worse with Infernal Legion? Perhaps the fun factor makes it doubly worth while?

WOD: I was glad to hear about the Zombie Slam cooldown being improved (from the 3.7 Guide). I could not figure that out.

For those who like to fiddle with the Tree, consider

Dropping Minion Damage just below Lord of the Dead
And adding Minion Damage and Accuracy just left of Righteous Army
Then dropping Minion Damage in the Death Attunement wheel
And adding Spiritual Aid

I'm curious if Minion Accuracy has any effect on Skeleton damage.
:) Thanks walkjohn55. I hate posting builds I haven't played, but with all the changes they made to summoners, I'd have to take a league off to play it before posting it. I too am curious how everything will mesh together. EVERYTHING changed. I just hope the Skeletons can move fast enough to get to an enemy, hit it 2x, then explode.

Good passive tree suggestions.

"
Salerk schrieb:
Spoiler
So excited this is up, cannot wait! Thanks so much WoD for the hard work and putting up with my relentless questions!

A few things I've noted -Ball Lightning (Level 4) links to minion life support.
On the tree Violent Dead gems are still showing (No longer in game)
East of Elemental Equilibrium the grave Pact ring no longer exists in 3.8 is this taken as a place holder for the new Indomitable Army? (If so also gives back 2 points - 6 ring vs 4)

Edit: I was wondering why ball lighting vs other lighting skills like Arc?

With so many minion nodes now makes me wish we had more points to spend :)

Edit: Some gem info for anyone who may have missed it/dont use Reddit information provided by Rory_Rackham Balance & Design

Summon Skeleton summons 3 at once at level 11, 4 at once at level 21, 5 at once at level 31.

The maximum number of skeletons is 6 at 6, 7 at 12, 8 at 18, 9 at 24, 10 at 30 and 11 at 36.

The max zombies are 4 at 5, 5 at 10, 6 at 15, 7 at 20, 8 at 25, 9 at 30 and 10 at 35.
Hey Salerk ,

Thanks for the correction. Ball Lightning has been fixed. And thanks for the Reddit details! I'll be saving that somewhere until it's on the wiki. I like knowing those types of numbers.

I think you may have loaded up the 3.7 Pastebin. I haven't loaded the 3.8 version yet because PoB doesn't have the new gems data yet, just the tree. So there isn't anything to post yet. I'll let everyone know when it's up.

You can use any lightning skill you want, but I like Ball Lightning because it "pierces" enemies and has a good reach. I've used it lots in the past and it does a good job applying curses.

Thanks again for the numbers and the correct.

"
Kong_Gondolf schrieb:
Do you plan to update it further for 3.8?
Hey Kong_Gondolf,

I will for sure. There are things that can't be updated until the league starts. PoB doesn't have it's new gem data loaded yet so we have to wait for that. The wiki doesn't update until the league is officially underway, My example video are on console so I have to wait until 3.8 is out on console...

So, within the week everything should be perfect. I'll inform the thread when I've made any changes or additions.

Does that answer your question or did you mean something else?

"
GrunkleBob schrieb:
Spoiler
Minion instability will be a GREAT benefit in endgame.
The minions never die before then, it may be a little clunky in the early game, but once minions generate their own life, that is over.
I really want to see 10 zombies and 50 skelies explode on the phoenix!
F that guy...

I wish skeletons would just explode after their 20 second lifespan, but that's probably too OP :)

Is it 3pm Friday yet?!?!?!? I'm not going to sleep tonight... feels like Christmas!

When I blow by 90 (EASY with this lady) I think I'm going Indomitable army, more life, more explode ;) Or aligned spirits because I do want them to explode sometimes, mostly on bosses/gaurdians, where they are going to die anyways.

The hardest part of this build is stopping to drop skeletons, but it sooooo worth stopping to drop skeletons!

Good read :). I'm excited too. The 3.8 PoB isn't out yet. PoB has updated their tree but not their gems. So you'll have to use the Passive Tree Link until PoB has had a chance to breathe and gets updated.

"
walkjohn55 schrieb:
Spoiler
"
GrunkleBob schrieb:

(just in case, since you seem to referencing the 3.7 Build)

WOD has put out a Tree based on 3.8 for this Build. It's on POE Planner and it is the link labelled
Passive tree link
at the start of the Passive Tree Spoiler

https://bit.ly/2m0lNMM

This is the Tree that my previous remarks were based upon.
I appreciate it. Thanks.

"
N3_PH schrieb:
Just wanted to to say thank you for updating this build once again!!! Starting with it this league!!! i am so ready!!
I love short posts from users with a huge badge list. :)

Thanks for the kind words. I hope you enjoy the league. Thanks for the encouragement.

"
trifrost schrieb:
Spoiler
I am wondering if SRS with infernal legion can be included or worthwhile to add to this build as we are taking Minion Instability.

5/6 Link - Main Skill (Socket in your chest)
-Raise Zombie
-Minion Damage Support
-Feeding Frenzy Support
-Minion Life Support
-Fortify Support
-Elemental Army Support

4 Link - Minion Bombs (Socket in helmet)
-Vaal Summon Skeletons
-Infernal Legion
-Minion Damage Support
-Minion Life Support

4 Link
-Ball Lightning
-Curse on Hit Support
-Enfeeble
-Temporal Chains / Elemental Weakness

4 Link
-Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1) -
-Desecrate
-An Offering Skill of your choice (Level 8)
-Phase Run (Level 3)

2 Link, 3 Socket
-Hatred
-Generosity Support
-Carrion Golem

3 Link, 3 Socket
-SRS
-Infernal Legion
-Spell totem Support

Drop 1 totem every 8 sec and alternate casting between skelly and ball lightning.

Not sure if Hex Master will still be useful or it can be worth more to shift to Spiritual Aid or Redemption.
Hey trifrost,

That looks like a sweet setup! Let us know how it goes! I don't know how much SRS's life would do with Minion Instability...it's a great idea and you've made it quite stress-free. I like it a lot! I hope you try it so you can tell us your thoughts. There are lots of perks to having a large number of minions up...
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Really appreciate such a well written guide and I think I'll be following this for my league starter - just wondering if you'd have any suggestions for uniques which could help throughout the leveling process. Other than the generic tab / goldrim / wanderlust?
Zuletzt bearbeitet von jramsay um 06.09.2019, 05:04:07
i plan on giving this a go for the new league, it sounds right up my alley so alot of thanks!!!!!!

also if i may add, look at your setup and trifrosts setup, trifrost looks more like a DPS setup while your original setup is more bursty with the skellingtons (yes i know skeletons, but skellingtons sounds better :D)

i might give both a try since they can both work quite nicely, i think the SRS would work better in delves and skellys in maps, but i might be mistaken!, thanks for everything in advance :D
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Darthkip um 06.09.2019, 06:16:32

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: