[3.24] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, fun to play

"
stephenp1983 schrieb:
Would a corrupted drillneck with bow attacks fire an additional arrow be worth trying to get?

Looks like you already got it, so this reply is kind of late, but no, because Drillneck implicit was the only source of pierce in this build, and Thorn Arrows do not pierce (only primary projectile does), so with additional arrow implicit on Drillneck the piercing damage bonus from it is no longer there for thorn arrows.

If you want extra arrow quiver, then piercing quiver with additional arrow mod, attack speed, flat and life would be decent replacement (pierce on thorn arrows also improves clear).

EDIT: So, just going through fossils really quick, the "ideal" quiver if you want extra arrow as replacement would be piercing shaped quiver crafted with Shuddering, Corroded and Pristine fossils probably. And hitting:

- Bow attacks fire additional arrow (shaper)
- Maximum life
- Increased damage of ailments (delve)
- Increased attack speed
- Physical damage to attacks

I *think* quiver like that would be best you can hope for.

EDIT2:

When putting it to PoB, even that GG quiver still provides less damage than Drillneck :/
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Zuletzt bearbeitet von thedeathbeam um 01.08.2019, 04:09:34
"
TheRoyalShu schrieb:
"
thedeathbeam schrieb:
So, after some more testing, decided to switch the build from Wind Dancer to Divine Flesh. Changelog:

- Replaced Kintsugi with rare maim body
- Replaced Wind Dancer with Divine Flesh
- Replaced Atziri Step with rare ms + spell dodge boots
- Updated guide with changes after changing keystone

As I said before, this opens a lot of options for min-maxing, also gives us slightly more life (because of more life on body), a lot of damage reduction and synergy.

And of course, if you do not have enough chaos resistance, I added small section about just taking Wind Dancer before capping chaos res, as it is still very strong with this build.

Updated PoB is already in main post.

EDIT: I decided to also for now leave also pastebin link to Kintsugi build in main post for people following that version

The Kintsugi w/ wind dancer is very good, however after checking out mathill's poison scourge arrow, the synergy of darkscorn w/ the divine flesh jewel is just busted. And yes the dps is comparable tbh to the orginal of OP Kintsugui poison scourge arrow. But after my countless attempt to make a "Tankish" Pathfinder Scourge arrow build, the divine flesh with dark scorn is just crazy good. I have done both yours, then Mathill's, but did a little fine tuning to both, and even though the tanky part is already taken care of, the Dps is Just excellent.
Also would like to say WB to the build again. lol. Hope to see this build become the next meta and to see some good ideas in the near future. It is indeed VERY fun to play.

Hmm well, if this build will become the next meta, then the key pieces for the build will become expensive, so that would not be a good thing :d But, thanks for the kind words about the build, I am glad that it actually works like intended and people enjoy it.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
"
thedeathbeam schrieb:
"
stephenp1983 schrieb:
Would a corrupted drillneck with bow attacks fire an additional arrow be worth trying to get?

Looks like you already got it, so this reply is kind of late, but no, because Drillneck implicit was the only source of pierce in this build, and Thorn Arrows do not pierce (only primary projectile does), so with additional arrow implicit on Drillneck the piercing damage bonus from it is no longer there for thorn arrows.

If you want extra arrow quiver, then piercing quiver with additional arrow mod, attack speed, flat and life would be decent replacement (pierce on thorn arrows also improves clear).

EDIT: So, just going through fossils really quick, the "ideal" quiver if you want extra arrow as replacement would be piercing shaped quiver crafted with Shuddering, Corroded and Pristine fossils probably. And hitting:

- Bow attacks fire additional arrow (shaper)
- Maximum life
- Increased damage of ailments (delve)
- Increased attack speed
- Physical damage to attacks

I *think* quiver like that would be best you can hope for.

EDIT2:

When putting it to PoB, even that GG quiver still provides less damage than Drillneck :/

Thanks for the detailed reply. I got one for a decent price so I went ahead to see how it felt. I wasn't aware of the interaction with pierce and the thorns. So the initial arrows piece by default, but the thorns do not unless there is a source of additional pierce such as from the quiver? If so I assume I could get piercing shots on the tree and use the corrupted drillneck to get pierce back. That is probably not worth the points just to gain an extra pod fired at once. Again thanks for the input on this.
"
stephenp1983 schrieb:

Thanks for the detailed reply. I got one for a decent price so I went ahead to see how it felt. I wasn't aware of the interaction with pierce and the thorns. So the initial arrows piece by default, but the thorns do not unless there is a source of additional pierce such as from the quiver? If so I assume I could get piercing shots on the tree and use the corrupted drillneck to get pierce back. That is probably not worth the points just to gain an extra pod fired at once. Again thanks for the input on this.

Yeah, its definitely not worth it imo. And all that extra arrow on SA does is makes single target spreading of pods more consistent, but on average, it will not improve damage at all.

For some build updates:

Atm I am testing Forbidden Taste, its super solid (I got watchers eye with unaffected by bleeding, so I dont need bleed suffix on my char anymore). I am actually even thinking about putting qual on it, for longer quartz effect, because the damage I am taking from it is like non existant with so much chaos resistance (i am simply out-regening it atm, lol). Maybe I will add mention of it somewhere in the guide later.

My builds:
My site:
Zuletzt bearbeitet von thedeathbeam um 01.08.2019, 10:44:11
Hi, Ive been using your build recently and had a lot of fun.
I'm new to DoT/Poison build so may i ask why maim chest? Will maim do anything for poison build or it's for letting HoA do more dmg and also slower the enemies?
Ive used this flask often since its normally cheaper than the flask of karui....

One thing I'm doing is using avian twins tailsman with 50% lightning damage converted to another element. With the divine flesh node it let's me not have to worry about lightning resists other than lightning damage over time which is extremely uncommon. I've at -48 lightning resists and still fill extremely tanky

Zuletzt bearbeitet von stephenp1983 um 01.08.2019, 13:31:38
"
tylam6746 schrieb:
Hi, Ive been using your build recently and had a lot of fun.
I'm new to DoT/Poison build so may i ask why maim chest? Will maim do anything for poison build or it's for letting HoA do more dmg and also slower the enemies?

Hi, glad you enjoying it.

Well, its mostly because lvl 1 maim gives us 15% more physical damage, what means it is increasing our base hit, and poison scales from that base it (to some degree). Its around 8% more overall damage boost, so its not that bad (and also maiming enemies is pretty solid defense). HoAG is not doing much damage in this build, but I guess maiming enemies and causing them to take incr phys damage helps hoag a bit.

"
stephenp1983 schrieb:
Ive used this flask often since its normally cheaper than the flask of karui....

One thing I'm doing is using avian twins tailsman with 50% lightning damage converted to another element. With the divine flesh node it let's me not have to worry about lightning resists other than lightning damage over time which is extremely uncommon. I've at -48 lightning resists and still fill extremely tanky

Oh, that is very interesting choice, I guess that is one way to just "cap" all resists. I was wondering why you use it before, and I completely missed this interaction.
My builds:
My site:
"

Well, its mostly because lvl 1 maim gives us 15% more physical damage, what means it is increasing our base hit, and poison scales from that base it (to some degree). Its around 8% more overall damage boost, so its not that bad (and also maiming enemies is pretty solid defense). HoAG is not doing much damage in this build, but I guess maiming enemies and causing them to take incr phys damage helps hoag a bit.

Alright thanks for the reply, now i know more about poison mechanic. I'm playing this build in HC rn and things are going pretty well. May try it next league as league start too. I hope i can see more of updates and upgrade about this build. Great build overall!
"
tylam6746 schrieb:
"

Alright thanks for the reply, now i know more about poison mechanic. I'm playing this build in HC rn and things are going pretty well. May try it next league as league start too. I hope i can see more of updates and upgrade about this build. Great build overall!

Ah nice, good luck. For HC, I would honeslty just go Kaom and Maloney quiver probably for even more survivability (and just move frenzy + coh + despair there), and then I would just move Blink Arrow somewhere (assuming you can cap chaos and other resistances without body, but its not that hard), but its quite an investment, mostly because of resistances, Darkscorn links and the quiver.
My builds:
My site:
"
thedeathbeam schrieb:
"
TheRoyalShu schrieb:
"
thedeathbeam schrieb:
So, after some more testing, decided to switch the build from Wind Dancer to Divine Flesh. Changelog:

- Replaced Kintsugi with rare maim body
- Replaced Wind Dancer with Divine Flesh
- Replaced Atziri Step with rare ms + spell dodge boots
- Updated guide with changes after changing keystone

As I said before, this opens a lot of options for min-maxing, also gives us slightly more life (because of more life on body), a lot of damage reduction and synergy.

And of course, if you do not have enough chaos resistance, I added small section about just taking Wind Dancer before capping chaos res, as it is still very strong with this build.

Updated PoB is already in main post.

EDIT: I decided to also for now leave also pastebin link to Kintsugi build in main post for people following that version

The Kintsugi w/ wind dancer is very good, however after checking out mathill's poison scourge arrow, the synergy of darkscorn w/ the divine flesh jewel is just busted. And yes the dps is comparable tbh to the orginal of OP Kintsugui poison scourge arrow. But after my countless attempt to make a "Tankish" Pathfinder Scourge arrow build, the divine flesh with dark scorn is just crazy good. I have done both yours, then Mathill's, but did a little fine tuning to both, and even though the tanky part is already taken care of, the Dps is Just excellent.
Also would like to say WB to the build again. lol. Hope to see this build become the next meta and to see some good ideas in the near future. It is indeed VERY fun to play.

Hmm well, if this build will become the next meta, then the key pieces for the build will become expensive, so that would not be a good thing :d But, thanks for the kind words about the build, I am glad that it actually works like intended and people enjoy it.

Np. I figured I drop by and give props where its due. I've been impress with this build that I might get it to 95 and retire it. Its been a load of fun just playing Scourge Arrow. I enjoy more then my lvl 100 cyclone boss killer. As far as I can tell, I'm surprise this hasn't gotten the attention it deserve. The Divine Flesh keystone is just too good Mesh with darkscorn scourge arrow poison. Once caped at 85 chaos res, its kinda hard for mobs/ bosses to kill you. Also with all that evasion you will have.
I found it kinda funny just watching a lot of people give this a try, and just give up so easily. Most of the people I've seen (on there profile) just change to tornado shot deadeye, and I kind of understand why. Scourge arrow is not for everyone. Its going to take some time to understand its pull and shot game play/clunkiness. I'm not saying that scourge arrow sucks or is just weird to play, but I too almost gave up due to the nature of scourge arrow game play, but I gave it time to shine in the late 70's lvl. With the right gear, the right positioning, and the right timing, it just feels so good melting everything even Uber Elder.
This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

YOLO!

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: