[3.8] Scourge Arrow Ignite prolif Elementalist 🏹 Melt the Atlas on a budget, 1M+ Shaper Ignite DPS

"
arcadius schrieb:
How about using Tempest + Added Lightning? Seems like much easier way to get ele dmg than Hopeshredder and frees you glove slot

I answered that in the F.A.Q. :
"For this build I would say it's inferior in almost every way. The flat damage from the Hopeshredder is absolutely huge and swapping it for The Tempest means losing around 20% Ignite DPS depending on your setup. You also lose movement speed, leech and the chance to avoid elemental hits for a bit of attack speed."
It will definitely work but it's not optimal in my opinion.

"
arkeey92 schrieb:
Hello! This build looks awesome!
I’m thinking of using this as my starter for betrayal league.
I love that it doesn’t require much to get going.

Hey ! Thanks :)
It does require a few pieces to work, and some are not necessarily easy to find early in a league. You need either Hrimbrun or Stormfire to start having Ignites outside of the Conflux. Without them, but it will not be reliable at all and you will have to wait for the Ignite conflux to be up to deal damage.

Hrimburn is gated behind a Prophecy so it can be hard in league start and Stormfire is an Opal ring so it's only found in mid/high tier maps so it's also a problem to get it early.
Hopeshredder is a Yellow/Red Elder drop so it will be expensive very early, but you have other options, Storm Cloud/The Tempest for example.

It's true that those items become really cheap a week or so in the league but the first few days they are really hard to get or expensive. So it's your call, if you are confident enough in your money making skills or patient enough to play another build for a week and respec after you get all the pieces, then go for it :)

"
arkeey92 schrieb:

I’m fairy new to the game. Would it be possible for you to expand the leveling progress a bit? I see that you mention blade vortex for the first 60 levels. What support gems do you recommend?

I will expand the leveling section when the next league hits.
For Blade Vortex aim for BV - Controlled Destruction - Hypothermia - Immolate - Conc. Effect - Faster Casting. During leveling you can put Controlled Destruction, Added Lightning, Added Cold, Physical to Lightning,... You can also use the three elemental Heralds (Ash, Ice, Thunder) + Clarity.

"
arkeey92 schrieb:
Also I see that the build is lacking life. Do I lose much damage if I pick abyss jewels with life and then damage affixes instead of triple damage jewels?

Also is the gem prio for scourge arrow in the order you listed it? Does it work with 4-5 links to start?

Also would love to see some normal mapping. Double beyond perhaps. Thanks for an awesome build can’t wait to try it out!

You can definitely go for HP on jewels, check my alternative recommendation or even the HC section to see more defensive setups !
Yes, gems are in the priority order. A 4L would be around half the damage on single target bosses so it will be less powerful obviously but it's clearly enough DPS to farm for a 5L and then a 6L.

For new footage, recently I can't really find time to play PoE, record runs, edit them and upload them, so it's probably not happening this league I'm afraid. But I will run this build again next league so I will provide a few Eldered T16 with sextants runs at that time :)
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2222701
Hello, glad there is a build here! I was coming up with a similar build on Scion( Cheif-Raider ) and here I got. I think it's going to work bc it's very similar except swaping lightning nodes for Bow DoT. Thanks for the guide!
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Estrn um 21.11.2018, 06:47:28
"
Estrn schrieb:
Hello, glad there is a build here! I was coming up with a similar build on Scion( Cheif-Raider ) and here I got. I think it's going to work bc it's very similar except swaping lightning nodes for Bow DoT. Thanks for the guide!

If you find a way to play it as a Scion I would gladly take a PoB ! :D
Any variation of this build could fit in the guide to help those who don't like playing Witch or just want a more fitting playstyle.
[3.7] Scourge Arrow, Ignite Proliferation Elementalist. Melt T15 on a budget, All content viable.

For Betrayal, I was looking at the new unique changes and couldn't help but notice the massive flat cold damage added to hyrri's ire:

"Hyrri's Ire now adds (173-188) to (240-262) (up from (50-60) to (70-80)) cold damage to attacks with bows."

I also felt like one of the only areas in which this build lacked a little bit was tankiness, which I was hoping to solve by being an elementalist / slayer ascendant for that sweet sweet slayer leech.

After custom-crafting a jewel to replicate this new body armor, and tweaking the tree to take advantage of the ascendant and dodge mechanics, I came up with this:
https://pastebin.com/MK9yXSWA

...but I feel like I'm missing something here because my calcs for the ignite dps are still only 1/5th what your 'balanced' build had. But with all the extra flat cold damage, shouldn't it be way higher?

Thanks for any tips, looking forward to using this in the new league!
"
Tamale schrieb:
Hey, first just wanted to say I love your build - got me to endgame comfortably in Delve.

For Betrayal, I was looking at the new unique changes and couldn't help but notice the massive flat cold damage added to hyrri's ire:

"Hyrri's Ire now adds (173-188) to (240-262) (up from (50-60) to (70-80)) cold damage to attacks with bows."

I also felt like one of the only areas in which this build lacked a little bit was tankiness, which I was hoping to solve by being an elementalist / slayer ascendant for that sweet sweet slayer leech.

After custom-crafting a jewel to replicate this new body armor, and tweaking the tree to take advantage of the ascendant and dodge mechanics, I came up with this:
https://pastebin.com/MK9yXSWA

...but I feel like I'm missing something here because my calcs for the ignite dps are still only 1/5th what your 'balanced' build had. But with all the extra flat cold damage, shouldn't it be way higher?

Thanks for any tips, looking forward to using this in the new league!

Hey ! Thanks ! Glad to hear you had fun with it :)

Yeah tankiness can be an issue, the Slayer leech + Accro/Phase Acro will be way safer than the Elementalist version.

Now for the DPS you forgot Elemental Equilibrium which is a huge part of the damage (basically a 50% more). Another good part of it is due to a change in the wording in PoB. To simulate the Shock with the amount of Shock effectiveness I have on the build, I used a flask with the mod "Ennemies you Taunt take x% more damage" but the wording changed to "Ennemies Taunted by you take x% more damage" so you were not counting the shock in your PoB.

For the items I feel like Drillneck is a bit better but maybe I'm wrong, I need to see the new buffed skill of Voidfletcher.

Other things I saw, you used level 18 gems and some of them were not the correct one (unless you compared to the low budget version).

This is what your PoB looks like after some fixes and the same setup as my balanced version :
https://pastebin.com/Qs4AbEeF

Not on the level of the Elementalist but that's to be expected, Elementalist is a full offensive ascendancy.
It's still a 500k+ DPS build with way better layers of defenses than my version so you should have no problems playing that !

Swiks schrieb:

Hey ! Thanks ! Glad to hear you had fun with it :)

Yeah tankiness can be an issue, the Slayer leech + Accro/Phase Acro will be way safer than the Elementalist version.

Now for the DPS you forgot Elemental Equilibrium which is a huge part of the damage (basically a 50% more). Another good part of it is due to a change in the wording in PoB. To simulate the Shock with the amount of Shock effectiveness I have on the build, I used a flask with the mod "Ennemies you Taunt take x% more damage" but the wording changed to "Ennemies Taunted by you take x% more damage" so you were not counting the shock in your PoB.

For the items I feel like Drillneck is a bit better but maybe I'm wrong, I need to see the new buffed skill of Voidfletcher.

Other things I saw, you used level 18 gems and some of them were not the correct one (unless you compared to the low budget version).

This is what your PoB looks like after some fixes and the same setup as my balanced version :
https://pastebin.com/Qs4AbEeF

Not on the level of the Elementalist but that's to be expected, Elementalist is a full offensive ascendancy.
It's still a 500k+ DPS build with way better layers of defenses than my version so you should have no problems playing that !

Dude this is perfect, thank you. I totally forgot that EE is working in this build's favor, too. It's awesome to get validation that I hadn't made some massive mistakes somewhere.

BTW I tried this with an old ascendant I had laying around in standard now that my gear is there, and I can confirm the slayer leech is amazing. Fills up my 4500 life pool in less than a second!! And of course that's not with the new hyrri's ire. I'm pretty stoked to try it all out - including the new voidfletcher. Drillneck or even a rare with a good life roll might be better though, who knows. That's one of my favorite parts about this build - all the options.

Curious - are you going to do something similar for the new league?
"
Tamale schrieb:

Dude this is perfect, thank you. I totally forgot that EE is working in this build's favor, too. It's awesome to get validation that I hadn't made some massive mistakes somewhere.

BTW I tried this with an old ascendant I had laying around in standard now that my gear is there, and I can confirm the slayer leech is amazing. Fills up my 4500 life pool in less than a second!! And of course that's not with the new hyrri's ire. I'm pretty stoked to try it all out - including the new voidfletcher. Drillneck or even a rare with a good life roll might be better though, who knows. That's one of my favorite parts about this build - all the options.

Curious - are you going to do something similar for the new league?

Yep there is a tons of ways to play that build :)

For the next league I will not start with Scourge Arrow Ignite because I want to try the new skills first, especially after seeing the new gems details, but I will play it later in the league.
I'm especially interested in Armageddon Brand since the reveal and the numbers on the gem pretty much cemented my starter, either full crit or maybe some kind of Ignite prolif I will see. Ice Spear have some really good numbers too so who knows.

In any case I will try to make at least one build worthy of a guide this league. And I will of course update this guide on any new mechanics/Uniques/Mods from Betrayal that could improve the build.

All trees are up to date, no major changes for this league, the build is as strong as it was previously.

Expect frequent updates as the new Uniques and new mods are reveled !

is really good. I think the 3% of Life Regenerated per second during Flask Effect veiled mod is the best in my opinion.

It basically put you full life/mana every pack and you get another 10% increased damage taken on the enemy. You can even use a CWDT lv1 + any offering of your choice to consume corpses and get some charges back when you get hit.

Best in slot flask, you should use it instead of the regular Silver Flask.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: