[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

hey!I don't really see the use of the second "fight for survival" jewel, since we do not meet the 40dex in radius. can you explain why we still use two of them?
"
ogsober schrieb:
hey!I don't really see the use of the second "fight for survival" jewel, since we do not meet the 40dex in radius. can you explain why we still use two of them?

The Dex in the radius doesn't need to be allocated.
Great build!

Having lots of fun with this build the clear speed is amazing.

ty for the build!
Zuletzt bearbeitet von psonb um 08.03.2018, 05:44:06
"
lacal schrieb:
"
ogsober schrieb:

thank you!

another question: i did atziri and i couldnt manage to not kill myself in splitphase. any gem setup for atziri?
"
ogsober schrieb:
"
lacal schrieb:
"
ogsober schrieb:

thank you!

another question: i did atziri and i couldnt manage to not kill myself in splitphase. any gem setup for atziri?

I don't use any different setup. It's about positioning. To avoid shooting the reflect clone you should position yourself in the middle of them. I realize this is dangerous, but the damage output should be enough that we can kill a clone fast enough for it to be a big problem.

There are probably good setups for it, but as long as you are close enough to the clone you are attacking, the frost blade projectiles shouldn't chain on the others.

Don't panic.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Fiver um 08.03.2018, 06:37:31
Any chance of providing some steps how to allocate points in passive tree as you level up?
"
Apolzo schrieb:
Any chance of providing some steps how to allocate points in passive tree as you level up?

Check the guide. In the bottom you have a section called "Leveling tips", and within that section you have "Progression".

In there I have listed the order I picked the keynodes in the tree. :)

Don't panic.
"
Fiver schrieb:
"
Killzu schrieb:
Im following the build yet I dont quite have a Lycosidae yet. Im running Touch of Anguish MH and Wasp Nest OH. Running Added Cold instead of Ancestral Call due to the chain, clearing is great. When I switch to Lycosidae and a 320+ Pdps weapon + Ancestral Call in POB I drop about 125k total dps.

Thats a ton. Not sure the benefits?

Edit: In fact the Touch of Anguish and the Lycosidae are another +60k dps. Looks like dropping the ToA and switching to Ancestral Call is a huge loss, gonna have to find a ridiculous rare claw to replace the ToA.

You are going to lose tooltip dps with ancestral call. It is supposed to do that. We only use it when we clear maps because we hit 3 targets at the same time, and get 3 times as many chains. This is vastly superior to ToA’s ”skills chain an additional time..”
If you look at the tooltip or PoB dmg it will always appear like a downtrade though, but try it out and you will notice a significant improvement to your clearspeed.

For single target you should switch to ruthless instead of ancestral call, because ancestral call is horrible for single target.

If you have access to a lycosidae, I would definitely use it over any dual-wield setup. And together with it I wouldn’t use ToA or Wasp Nest. The instant leech from bloodseeker combined with 100% hit chance is incredibly strong, The survivability from that combo is so insane that it weighs up for any lost damage, which really shouldn’t make that much of a difference. I’ve killed shaper with ease with that setup. It is one of the few setups that allows you to face-tank shaper beam. When switching to a higher dps claw we lose that benefit, but the dps will reach a threshold where it will be worth giving that up.

As for added cold damage, check the post I made on page 13 on why you shouldn’t use it.

edit
Just noticed that you said you don’t have a lycosidae. I would still get a bloodseeker and use a wasp nest or great old one’s ward, or something similiar. Maybe ToA.

I saw the post about added cold although im not using it over Ice Bite, I am using it over ancestral call as I dont need AC with the chain on ToA.

Not sure the logic behind ancestral call being "Vastly Superior" to ToA's Chain, 125k dps superior?

I can definitely see the benefit of Bloodseeker's instant leech but again, going from ToA + Lycosidae + Added Cold to Bloodseeker + Lycosidae + Ancestral call is a loss of 150k dps in my POB.

Maybe if my other gear is much better (DPS stats on Jewellery, Jewels, Belt, Gloves)that would help with the loss of dps overall.

Definitely gonna work on getting a Lycosidae regardless, they just went from 140C to 3ex+ this morning tho.....
If you are only attacking one target, yes of course ancestral call is a dps loss. But while mapping you are typically not. Throwing 3 frostblades, each of which cause a projectile explosion, vastly speeds up your clear times. Try it
Zuletzt bearbeitet von zairez um 08.03.2018, 09:19:14
"
zairez schrieb:
If you are only attacking one target, yes of course ancestral call is a dps loss. But while mapping you are typically not. Throwing 3 frostblades, each of which cause a projectile explosion, vastly speeds up your clear times. Try it

I dont think you fully read what is being said. The comparison is chain on Touch of Anguish vs. Ancestral Call. I have tried Ancestral Call plenty, I played Frostblades/Molten Strike last league.

The real question is does Ancestral Call speed up clear times vs Chain at a loss of 100k+ dps. I already 1 shot most packs with Touch of Anguish, not sure why I would want to lose 100k dps and do the same thing with Ancestral Call. Although the survivability of Bloodseeker instant leech is intriguing.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: