[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hello m8i realy enjoy this build so far im lvl 76+ but i have a prob i dunno how to solve it i have a mana problem i have to use a mana flask and its realy anoying can it be solved from the skill tree or i have to buy something? , im not a great poe player i just copy/paste builds and try to enjoy the game:)
BTW IS Rigwald's Quills good for this build?( i have like 20ex that i cant ivest )
thank you
Zuletzt bearbeitet von kitlerr um 14.10.2018, 02:02:10
That's interesting, because the build should have exact opposite issue where you have too much mana regen for Div Distillate. If you don't use that flask, then i can understand that. Your options are:

* Use Clarity aura
* Shoot less often (and more precise)
* Get X% mana regen on ring

Rigwald's Quills is not very good quiver since pierce overrides fork mechanic. +1 Arrow shaped quiver is cheaper and better. If you want to spend all that money, then buy/craft +3 7-link bow with it.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Just wanted to say this is the first build I've taken into yellow maps, so thanks! It's nice to not have to worry too much about map mods, and the phasing makes searching the darkness in delves a breeze.

It's also a good time to run this build because fossil crafting makes slamming at least a +2 bow very easy.

edit:
haven't been able to afford a good kintsugi yet, but I've been rolling with this that dropped for me, and it's been great.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von CaptainFoo um 14.10.2018, 11:31:17
Having difficulty with red elder fight for the last memory fragment, even with L28 caustic arrow I haven't even managed to reach the "keep Shaper alive" phase. Anything I can improve on my gear?
You shouldn't have any issues if you ask me, not in the first phase. It's a mechanical fight mostly. With your amount of DPS he should die relatively quickly, and only 3rd phase is troublesome. Just watch the most recent T13 elder fight. Avoid his attacks, kill the squids in the first phase (onslaught + no decaying ground) and it shouldn't be a problem.
Ah, got it. Things I was doing wrong:

- forgot to keep up wither / despair
- CWDT frost wall is nice in delves, but not useful in this fight

By the way, I noticed from the video that Elder's life drain was doing a lot less damage to you. How did you mitigate this?
Ah, i completely missed that you replied.

I didn't do anything special to mitigate degen. Maybe your elder was higher tier? Maybe i simply had higher life pool and regen mitigated it? Or you simply got hit by squid and Kintsugi passive stopped working? Spectator / player bias? I don't know.

Best way to mitigate phys degen are definitely endurance charges (from Enduring Cry) and Crab aspect. Easy 32% phys mitigation, that's how i beat uber elder. Not like it's required for normal elder tho.
Is Herald of Agony not worth incorporating into the build?
FAQ: How about scaling Herald of Agony minion?
A: This build does not focus on poison and therefore Herald of Agony isn't going to be very reliable or powerful tool. You can convert the build to include the scorpion.

You simply have to use Wither Rain setup with Poison support instead of Incresed Duration. I can't guarantee very good uptime of Virulence stacks, Pathfinder ascedancy might be better than Raider. Herald's links are up to you to decide.

I could write way more detailed version why scorpion isn't worth it, but that would be too long. In short, he would only help against bosses/tanky rares and be useless anywhere else. To make him worth at all, it would require 6-linked and/or 6-link minion helmet. Additional Toxic Rain setup for virulence stacks upkeep will have to replace Wither Totem, lowering the CA dps against bosses.

For the same amount of currency, you could probably fund yourself ED weapon swap with all the necessary jewels to make it worth. Or even upgrade bow to 7-link +1/+2/+3, still would be more worth than the Agony herald.

There's tons of problems for little to no gain. Opportunity cost is too high.
Okay I think I understand. Just kinda seemed like something that could supplement the build even without focusing solely on it and just pushing max virulence stacks all the time as seems to tend to be the case. Bit of a shame though cause I like him, just don't want to build specifically entirely around him, wanted to focus more on CA.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: