[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
Posid schrieb:

sources of fortify got nerfed and Flesh and Stone as well which probably sucks a bit for hardcore players. There is some leeway though so I imagine Flesh and stone can still be fit in.

Not too worried about cluster jewel nerfs as CA didn't rely on them too heavily to start with.

I think this build is going to be strong for Ultimatums. While yes we'll be stuck in a small circle, the build can actually tank most mechanics just fine and only has issues with big spell hits.

While the Flesh and Stone nerf hurts for sure, I also think it's quite manageable. Adding mana recovery to the build, like mana gained on kill on jewellery or quiver, will surely help in dealing with the extra reservation cost.

Also, I think Arctic Armour might well be worth considering instead. Since we already have tons of avoidance, the loss of nearby blind from Flesh and Stone won't hurt as much. Instead, we get phys and fire mitigation, which is huge.
"
NiteskyEU schrieb:
Also, I think Arctic Armour might well be worth considering instead. Since we already have tons of avoidance, the loss of nearby blind from Flesh and Stone won't hurt as much. Instead, we get phys and fire mitigation, which is huge.
Sadly it sucks. It only gives phys / fire mitigation "when stationary" which you should never be with this build, and "when moving" you gain "drop chilled ground" instead which is whatever.

Arctic armour could be f&s replacement for toxic rain builds because they have to stand and shoot continuously to keep dps.

"
MrShika13 schrieb:

So, can CA be counted as 'attack'?
It's a very peculiar wording. We never had "damage over time with attacks" before, all "damage over time" mods had "with attack skills / bow skills" wording. Nonetheless, caustic arrow is an attack not a spell, so it would be damn stupid if the mod didn't work for what was intended to work with (bow skills not spells).

P.S. I really hope the author of the guide is all right, cuz we haven't seen him since February, would be a shame if he couldn't update the guide anymore, there's quite a few people who like this build.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Viktranka um 14.04.2021, 05:32:56
"
Viktranka schrieb:
"
NiteskyEU schrieb:
Sadly it sucks. It only gives phys / fire mitigation "when stationary" which you should never be with this build, and "when moving" you gain "drop chilled ground" instead which is whatever.

Wow, I can't believe I missed it was only when stationary. That means it's total garbage indeed.

I'm kinda worried about getting +1 chaos/chaos multi on amulet after the harvest nerf, since now target augments can't be crafted on influenced gear. I guess in trade league you can still try and spam Essence of Delirium, but it still looks like a huge nerf to our ammy slot.

On the bright side, the 40% CA helm enchant could be obtained more easily, now that we get to choose from 3 helm enchants. I'm wondering whether the "Twice Enchanted" will increase it to 6 per run.
I think I will go with .. TR occultist to start. Yes, I am not very smart. I have an idea and it will probably not work but who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Worst case I will reroll my CA Divine Flesh raider (like every league).
"
Viktranka schrieb:
It's a very peculiar wording. We never had "damage over time with attacks"

[...]

P.S. I really hope the author of the guide is all right, cuz we haven't seen him since February, would be a shame if he couldn't update the guide anymore, there's quite a few people who like this build.

I'm almost expecting it to be a typo and for it to just turn out to be "with attack skills" - I agree that it sounds intended to continue to work with skills like CA.

Also hope the author's okay - though I'm not sure there's much to update with the guide for this patch at least, don't think any of the changes really affect passive or gear choices too much. Even if it's not updated I still recommend the guide to anyone new to the build.
"
NiteskyEU schrieb:

I'm kinda worried about getting +1 chaos/chaos multi on amulet after the harvest nerf, since now target augments can't be crafted on influenced gear. I guess in trade league you can still try and spam Essence of Delirium, but it still looks like a huge nerf to our ammy slot.

Edit: Note that the reforge chaos method below wouldn't work in 3.14 because of tag changes to prefixes for hunter amulets.

Amulets are definitely going to be harder to roll. The realistic thing here is to probably get an amulet with T1 life and T1 chaos dot multi and otherwise no other mods. Then you would multimod, prefix cannot be changed and suffix cannot be changed and then use a chaos reforge to force the +1 to chaos skill gems (I think the reforges can still be used on influenced items, they only mentioned removing the ability for the targeted augments). Then you'd probably add a benchcraft prefix and yolo slam twice with augment influence mod (all the hunter suffixes are useful)

I'm not sure exactly how adding modifiers with Aisling works, I heard someone mention that she always adds the lowest tiers, But that is also an option for the suffixes. You could also just multimod and get 1 prefix and 1 suffix that you might want/need. I feel like the hunter suffixes are so good though that taking the chance with the aug slams would be worth it though.

Something like that can be gotten through alt spamming and you could even imprint it (I think that still works for influenced items?) and then regal, anull, recover and redo if you failed to remove the mod you added with the regal.

Getting a +2 one with chaos dot multi is going to be very expensive, but could also be profitable. You can use essence of delirium and try to hit +1 dex or int (65% certainty at 244 attempts just for dex, but if you hit int it can probably be sold for a lot). If you manage to get +1 dex and somehow empty the amulet without removing either wanted mods. You can use the same method as above to add chaos skill gems and then you'd have a really good amulet and can just benchcraft life and yolo aug influenced mod for suffixes twice and pray.

Alternately you can try just spamming abberant fossils until you hit anything.

It's probably out of reach for me to be honest and isn't worth it imo.

If you have a +5 bow (+1 str +1 dex one) then you're going to be above level 30 on CA and the +1 chaos or dex is equivelant to about 6% more dps and my setup with a +3 bow (double chaos dot multi) it was significantly more at 12.5% more dps.

So I'll probably be going for the +1 dex and +1str version of the bow (depending on faceted fossil prices after delve changes) and settle for a +1 amulet since it'll be a lot cheaper to craft.

If you have a synthesized bow with +1 support gems I think the second +1 roll on the amulet will only ever be worth about 6% more dps.

With harvest being available for 12 chaos from Zana I think it's still going to be incredibly powerful and getting something like influence augs is not going to be out of reach.

Edit: Can also have a naked rare amulet with just +1 dex gems and then do multimod, prefix and suffix cannot be changed and then use 2 chaos reforges. The prefix will 100% be +1 chaos and the suffix will be either chaos resistance or chaos dot multi (1500 total weight for chaos res, 1000 total weight for either tier of chaos dot multi, so slightly scuffed odds since it's a 2/5 for a 7+ ex investment)
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Posid um 14.04.2021, 11:58:51
"
Posid schrieb:

Then you would multimod, prefix cannot be changed and suffix cannot be changed and then use a chaos reforge to force the +1 to chaos skill gems (

From patch notes: "Fixed a bug where various "Chaos Damage Leeched as Life" modifiers were missing the Chaos tag."

This adds another Chaos tag prefix on hunter amulets [with twice the weighting as the +1 mod].

I agree with your overall point that we can settle for 'pretty good' amulets and still be fine. In SSF I'll probably just use harvest rerolls and essences until I get something half decent to craft life/resist/chaos dmg suffix on. Harvest will still really help with rolling jewels, and the lab changes will help with the helm enchant - and maybe the belt resist lowering enchant too.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von manehi um 14.04.2021, 08:55:19
"
Posid schrieb:
"
NiteskyEU schrieb:

If you have a +5 bow (+1 str +1 dex one) then you're going to be above level 30 on CA and the +1 chaos or dex is equivelant to about 6% more dps and my setup with a +3 bow (double chaos dot multi) it was significantly more at 12.5% more dps.

Any guide to how to craft +5 bows or is it a gamble?
Zuletzt bearbeitet von MrPluszu um 14.04.2021, 09:20:35
"
manehi schrieb:
"
Posid schrieb:

Then you would multimod, prefix cannot be changed and suffix cannot be changed and then use a chaos reforge to force the +1 to chaos skill gems (

From patch notes: "Fixed a bug where various "Chaos Damage Leeched as Life" modifiers were missing the Chaos tag."
Yep, this basically RIPs the "Zizaran's crafting method" (he showed one for ED amulets with +1 int instead of +1 dex), this won't work anymore.

Pre-harvest I've seen people recommend aberrant fossil spam to get +1 chaos & chaos multi, but it can take 100s of fossils to get a good roll, and basically don't expect a +2, just +1 and cdot.

It's still not explained whether "non chaos to chaos" harvest craft works on influenced items or not, but we have to assume the worst that it doesn't.

It sucks because every non-chaos build could woke orb their element onto the hunter amulet.

"
manehi schrieb:
I'm not sure there's much to update with the guide for this patch at least, don't think any of the changes really affect passive or gear choices too much.
There are minor nerfs like unveiled chaos multi is now 35% instead of 40%, amulet as you said can't be deterministically crafted because of stupid chaos leech, wicked pall and exposure therapy clusters go nerfed, and then there are minor additions like the new amulet essence mod or new altas base chaos ring.

It doesn't affect your gear choices or upgrade order much.

Also due to corrupted blood changes now we'll be forced into corrupted blood immunity jewel (I was cheesing it with no-bleed w/ malevolence watcher's eye, this won't work anymore, but I don't think it was included as a recommendation).
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Viktranka um 14.04.2021, 09:31:37
"

This adds another Chaos tag prefix on hunter amulets [with twice the weighting as the +1 mod].

oh well, damn. I thought it was intentional as part of their redesigning of tags. Good catch.

in that case I'd probably just spam abberant fossils until I hit +1 chaos and chaos dot multi, or use delirium essences and hope for +1 dex or +1 chaos. We'll see, I'll take it as it comes.

I'll go back and edit my post.

"
MrPluszu schrieb:
"
Posid schrieb:
"
NiteskyEU schrieb:

Any guide to how to craft +5 bows or is it a gamble?

Not really, but it's fairly straight forward process. Use faceted fossils until you hit both "+1 to Level of Socketed Dexterity Gems" and "+1 to Level of Socketed Strength Gems". Aetheric + Faceted dual resonators seems to be the economical option, but it might be different for next league because of delve changes. This is fairly reliable.

The next step is to essentially "clean it up" and there are a couple of options. End goal is to have 3 available prefixes and 1 available suffix for the multimod. Whenever you have 1 free suffix and 1 free prefix you can use suffixes cannot be changed and then scour. At that point you would craft cannot roll attack mods and slam for the +1 to socketed gems, after that you would add multimod and then craft +2 to socketed support gems and chaos dot multi.

Depending on prices of faceted fossils the approach to how you want to clean it up changes, whether you yolo anull and go again or whether it's worth it to use metamods to clean it.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Posid um 14.04.2021, 10:43:53

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: