[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
DankawSL schrieb:
I just noticed there's something wrong with spoilers i guide's main post, i don't know why. It worked just fine yesterday, or maybe even today. Will try fixing it ASAP. (or maybe it's only on my end?)
"
HeeroMaki schrieb:
Spoiler
I'm struggling with this build and not sure why. About to hit maps but i'm at around 800dps and dying a lot mostly because I just can't kill fast enough. Sank around 130alts into a bow trying to get +2 skill to it but never got it. Right now I'm just using 4 link chest CA-Vicious Proj-Swift Affliction- Void Manipulation and do around 800dps with death's harp but if I put on the 5l bow I drop down to 600s so little stuck with what I got.

Just trying to find out what to do to help improve dmg as I must be doing something wrong and just can't figure it out myself at this point. I'm also not playing HC. In act 10. Haven't beaten game yet due to the struggle.

Best way to increase damage and survivability is to... level up! There's nothing wrong with taking it easy. I do recommend farming Blood Acqueducts until lvl ~70. Farming there is what many people do, especially in hardcore.

The fact you didn't get +2 bow gems is really unlucky. I assume it was a 5-link bow with item level 64 obviously like i've stated in the guide.

Your flasks need a lot of work too. Jade flask helps a ton early on, instant HP flaks (which you can now find around and roll them, even with transmutes) are massive defensive mechanics. You don't have anti-bleeding flask at all (which is necessary, starting from around act 5) You could use more hp on your gear as well.

Yeah I had just bought a tabula before I logged off. Does nothing stack for us for dmg? choas dmg or poison to help the dps? I used all my alts on the bow so don't really have them to throw into the flasks yet, I do have a nice jade flask it wasn't on me due to me running through the acts to try to catch up to friends that are already mapping/delving. My tree is also slightly messed up cause I had started to transfer abilities to the tree to use after 71. Guess maybe its a gear thing but is it all about surviving and slowly killing things or am I missing atk speed and stuff to help the dps go faster? Sorry so many people saying CA builds and the T rain are doing so much dmg for them but for me it seems to not be so great. But maybe its because im not surviving?

Also does the base phy damage on the bow not matter? I am trying to up one of the movement speed bows that is ilvl69 I saw the +1 to bow gems once in my 140 alts.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von HeeroMaki um 02.09.2018, 23:23:19
"
The spoilers were working properly for me until about 20 minutes ago.

That's good to know i'm not the only one. It seems that closing /spoilers are being omitted for unknown reason. I've created thread at bug reports, nothing else i can do.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Zuletzt bearbeitet von DankawSL um 02.09.2018, 23:37:32
What's the purpose of the Frenzy Charge nodes in the Pathfinder Variant? Perhaps I'm missing something but unless a Frenzy Charge Generating skill gem is taken, pathfinder has no way to generate them. I'm relatively inexperienced so I could have easily missed something.

Thanks for the lengthy guide, I used it last league and I'm looking forward to using it again this league as a starter :D
"
What's the purpose of the Frenzy Charge nodes in the Pathfinder Variant? Perhaps I'm missing something but unless a Frenzy Charge Generating skill gem is taken, pathfinder has no way to generate them. I'm relatively inexperienced so I could have easily missed something.

Thanks for the lengthy guide, I used it last league and I'm looking forward to using it again this league as a starter :D

Curse on Hit setup uses Frenzy skill gem for charge generation. Besides, there are other ways to generate frenzy charges on kill which are listed in "End Game Mapping / Onslaught path" section (inside progression). I mean onslaught+phasing path Raider doesn't generate charges on her own, right?

Other ascendancies are not main focus of the guide, they're an option. I might add the disclaimer about the frenzy generation issue later on.

And welcome back, it's awesome feeling when people are sticking around for longer.

"
HeeroMaki schrieb:
Spoiler
Yeah I had just bought a tabula before I logged off. Does nothing stack for us for dmg? choas dmg or poison to help the dps? I used all my alts on the bow so don't really have them to throw into the flasks yet, I do have a nice jade flask it wasn't on me due to me running through the acts to try to catch up to friends that are already mapping/delving. My tree is also slightly messed up cause I had started to transfer abilities to the tree to use after 71. Guess maybe its a gear thing but is it all about surviving and slowly killing things or am I missing atk speed and stuff to help the dps go faster? Sorry so many people saying CA builds and the T rain are doing so much dmg for them but for me it seems to not be so great. But maybe its because im not surviving?

Also does the base phy damage on the bow not matter? I am trying to up one of the movement speed bows that is ilvl69 I saw the +1 to bow gems once in my 140 alts.

Poison doesn't help. Chaos damage increases damage but it's hard to obtain (essences and unique gear pretty much). The only available thing are bow gems.

Glad to hear you're adapting to the situation, sometimes rng just screws us over.

As for CA being good, it is. You just need some links and levels. Attack speed is mostly QoL to spread CA clouds faster. Your 5-linked tabula gives you 12k chaos DPS atm. That's enough to kill majority of the monsters at your level within 0.5-1 sec tops.

And no, physical damage or anything doesn't matter on the bow. Only +2 gems and some useful suffixes.
I'm having mana issues at level 85 at 6 frenzies. Any tips other than using a flask?
I have problem keeping up hte Divination Distilate flask. I dont have any mana regen on gear , only the Druidic Rite and Primal Spirit on the tree.
"
itsbad schrieb:
I'm having mana issues at level 85 at 6 frenzies. Any tips other than using a flask?

Assuming you focus on DoT, only mana flask and mana regen. You can stack %mana regen rings/amulet and use clarity for very easy recovery. You can't run no regen maps that way tho.

"
Mirman01 schrieb:
I have problem keeping up hte Divination Distilate flask. I dont have any mana regen on gear , only the Druidic Rite and Primal Spirit on the tree.

FAQ:
Q: How do you maintain Divination Distillate uptime?
A: Shoot CA, use utility + MF flasks, shoot again if mana regen is high enough. You get full benefit and refill flask charges that way. The only problem you can have is mana regen balancing.

Before you reach CA's full potential it might be tricky to maintain Divination uptime. You have to balance with Clarity / lower mana regen / more attacks / 0-20% quality on MF flask. You should hit the sweet spot soon without too much trouble.

You don't have 6-link bow yet, making it very difficult to keep the mana pool low enough. That's the problem with reworked CA lowered mana cost. Previously you could do it without too much troubles.
Im confused. Under: Levelling/Progression Section -> General levelling guidelines:

You say: Finish act 7 and head over to Blood Acqueducts.

Im still newbi and never done Blood Acqueduct so i googled it and it shows Act 9.

Plus you say Finish act 7 farm Blood till lvl 71 and after this finish last 2 acts and defeat Kitava. My english is very bad but something in the lower section of:
"General levelling guidelines" is not correct or i just dont understand it :D

+ Another Question

After completing act 1-10 do you go far the Golems Blood area first or Entropy.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Baddragon555 um 03.09.2018, 10:09:45
It clearly says finish the act. The last mentioned was act 8. It's kinda in awkward spot so you might not have noticed. Everything in the section is fine, it follows few simple logical steps:

Finish act 8 -> go to Blood Acqueducts (act 9) -> farm until lvl ~71 ->
-> finish last two acts (9 and 10), with Kitava being final boss of act 10.

Entropy and the whole shadow area (except frenzy charge) is already included in lvl 71 tree. Duelist's area is naturally the next one to spend passive points on.
"
DankawSL schrieb:
It clearly says finish the act. The last mentioned was act 8. It's kinda in awkward spot so you might not have noticed. Everything in the section is fine, it follows few simple logical steps:

Finish act 8 -> go to Blood Acqueducts (act 9) -> farm until lvl ~71 ->
-> finish last two acts (9 and 10), with Kitava being final boss of act 10.

Entropy and the whole shadow area (except frenzy charge) is already included in lvl 71 tree. Duelist's area is naturally the next one to spend passive points on.

Ahh youre right both points found the act 8 part and didnt pay attention to the lvl 71 skill tree sorry my fault and thank you for answering.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: