[2.5] Occultist CI Quad Curse Ethereal Knives Poison Build

I may replace Faster Casting with Added Chaos and I would use Empower instead of Faster Projectiles. It should be balanced with mana costs.
"
I may replace Faster Casting with Added Chaos and I would use Empower instead of Faster Projectiles. It should be balanced with mana costs.

I was going to replace Faster Projectiles with Added Chaos Damage because it seems to be good enough without the extra speed I think. The main issue I had right now was getting 4 off-color slots on the Cospri's. I'm likely going to dump a bunch of currency into trying to 6L my Cospri's and roll the correct colors this weekend. Getting 6L with the right links should be a pretty nice damage boost.

In testing out various gems with Path of Building it seemed like Faster Casting and Added Chaos were better than Empower (at least, at Empower level 2, which is the realistic scenario). I'll have to play around with it some more to see if I can figure out which combination will be best.
A quick update on this. I've been unsuccessful with 6Ling my Cospri's with near 1k fusings. :(

That being said, with 5L I'm doing really well. I hit level 90. I can clear most maps pretty quick. The only issues so far are stuns sometimes (thinking about grabbing a stun node or something) and enemies that are completely immune to curses (damn you, totems!). As soon as I can get my 6L I'll put up a video.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4usc5j/verify_confused_about_projectile_weakness_double/
Hey I've always wanted to play an EK build, do you have tips on leveling? What skill gems to use at earlier stage or can I immediately start with EK?
Necroing this thread a bit, as I'm thinking about a similar build, with he advantage of the new EK nova jewel.

I was thinking mostly similar lines to OP, with a few changes

- Definitely going to go witchfire brew

- Was intending to go crit. think should be able to get a decent crit rate with a diamond up, hopefully without needing inc crit gem. Doesn't scale the poison, but at least scales up all of the initial hit. Maybe need some playing with path of building though. Non crit would be easier to gear too

- Was also thinking not taking Pierce, and using voidwalkers. May change mind here though, proj damage is a double dip, so even though the more multi on it isn't great any more, it's still good. Would allow for better boots.

- Plan if not taking pierce was to allow taking faster proj (and slower proj for tough bosses). More coverage and means we don't need as much on tree/gear.

- Was wondering how to apply all the curses. Can only fit in 2 blasphemies or 3 if we grab reservation nodes (Only really possible if we go non crit). Curse on hit corruption for a lower level curse, or thought we could use a supplemental curse on hit EK. Might be clunky though

- hoping I can avoid having to travel to sovereignty - it's a big trek, and need a few extra points to grab a socket for ring of blades.

- I'd go void beacon over Vile Bastion. The shield regen never seems that good. And I'd rather get more consistent stun immunity.

- Heartbreaker is a neat, and cheap idea for non crit. Might nick that idea! Otherwise would use a spell damage/attack speed dagger for faster whirling/shield charge.

I kind've want to try this build out for LHC but I'm worried about losing a lot of ES by using Cospri's. How's your ES so far?
"
generalchaos schrieb:
I kind've want to try this build out for LHC but I'm worried about losing a lot of ES by using Cospri's. How's your ES so far?

Not really got started yet - decided to take my windripper char a bit further first (And try and get a bit of currency for new build without having to dismantle old char). I've 6 linked my cospris at least.

It will need a pretty good shield to get a good ES total. Can get up to 200 es on boots (Brinerot whalers are too good not to use really). Winds of change would be nice, but probably not on hardcore, so 250es on those as a realistic target.
Need to do some maths as to if we need to use heretics veil (maybe not with curse on hit gloves and witchfire). If not we can get more ES on a helm (And more chance at a good helm enchant)

8.5/9k should be easily doable. More if you push gear and grab more ES nodes. 20%es rings would help obviously (though I will probably go for faster start of ES recharge). I'm assuming Chayula amulet as a given for hardcore.
I'm planning on using bated breath belt too, if I can cap resists elsewhere (Be easier with a rare helm). But a good crystal belt may be a better (expensive) option.

I'm having a bit of a skill gem dilemma too. Can't fit everything in! I'd like to have faster projectiles, less requirements on tree and gear then, and an easy swap for slower projectiles against bosses.
But I'f have to drop something. One option is to drop pierce, and use voidwalkers, but thats a loss of ES and damage. Might have to experiment and see how the range is without FP.

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: