[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
primaeva schrieb:
"
linh08hp schrieb:
Hey guys , i got a Cane of Kulemak with increased spell damage instead of increased fire damage and ignite . Does it work with VD and DD ?

Hey, it's not really ideal. You will see a huge damage increase by getting a Fire Damage staff over Spell Damage staff! It will still murder most content however.

Here's my item , could you explain how ? I see the DD and VD also has " Spell " tag .
Zuletzt bearbeitet von linh08hp um 13.12.2021, 07:31:44
Corpse explosion damage does not scale as well with Spell Damage, it scales better with Fire Damage instead and both VD/DD do most of their damage from the corpse explosion parts
"
Soulravel schrieb:
Corpse explosion damage does not scale as well with Spell Damage, it scales better with Fire Damage instead and both VD/DD do most of their damage from the corpse explosion parts

Yep, Soul nailed it.

On the other hand, you have some amazing stats there on that staff. It is more than good enough for all current content. :D
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
Soulravel schrieb:

Thanks for explained to me , i've been trying this build recently because i got lucky with crafting a helmet . Do you think this helmet could fit with this build ?

"
linh08hp schrieb:
"
Soulravel schrieb:

Thanks for explained to me , i've been trying this build recently because i got lucky with crafting a helmet . Do you think this helmet could fit with this build ?

Hmm it's a 6+0.5 link (with increased AoE) - think it'll do better with DD, better ignites and AoE scaling (despite Conc Effect + Arc Brand).
"
primaeva schrieb:

Well, I'm calling it! Going to finish Rank 8 at depth 936. Pleasant for all the lessons I learnt so far, never actually delved more than 150 ever :D

I really hope you didn't end up going this build! In SSF Delve I think it does fine because of the nature of the monsters (packed, small area, etc). In open maps I'm not sure how efficient it gets.

I'll tell you one thing though, it packs a hella punch even as a full tank build.

Nice not bad.

No, I'm playing DD ignite now like most of the other witches :x. Nowhere near as fun, but it's easy damage.

Biggest problem outside delve is cast speed. The starter weapon with 4 frenzies and onslaught corrupt was just so nice. Cane with 40-some increased cast speed in trade is plenty. Ascendancy takes too long to ramp up without starting with a high base cast speed and build just doesn't work that well, esp in hardcore environment.

With the right gear I think it's definitely viable due to the cast and run nature. I did find a martyr of innocence, would be decent damage and can get nearly full 75/75 block...but I'd want a lot more cast speed on gear. I'm 85 right now and just gonna try to turtle to 90 for giveaway entry. If I happen across some decent gear i might respec again at 90 and just see how it goes.

edit: welp died at 87 hah :/.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von zoinkjr um 14.12.2021, 01:10:49
"
zoinkjr schrieb:

Nice not bad.

No, I'm playing DD ignite now like most of the other witches :x. Nowhere near as fun, but it's easy damage.

Biggest problem outside delve is cast speed. The starter weapon with 4 frenzies and onslaught corrupt was just so nice. Cane with 40-some increased cast speed in trade is plenty. Ascendancy takes too long to ramp up without starting with a high base cast speed and build just doesn't work that well, esp in hardcore environment.

With the right gear I think it's definitely viable due to the cast and run nature. I did find a martyr of innocence, would be decent damage and can get nearly full 75/75 block...but I'd want a lot more cast speed on gear. I'm 85 right now and just gonna try to turtle to 90 for giveaway entry. If I happen across some decent gear i might respec again at 90 and just see how it goes.

edit: welp died at 87 hah :/.

Aww mannn!! :((

Yeah, cast and run is the main selling point and strength of the build, it worked very well for me in Delve due to insane mob density (so you could have 3-4 DD brands for every DesecrateBrand out and get to full Corpse Pact really fast) but Gauntlet is an entirely different story. It's definitely dependent on Leadership's Price to really pop off.

Good run, mad respect, I did some HC back in the day to some success (ProjectPT used to run an all-mods nodrop mode called NoLube) but after some very bitter endings I decided never again, not with my ISP in the gutter these days on top of all that.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von primaeva um 14.12.2021, 09:24:21
Thanks a ton, that difference didn’t even occur to me. I’ve only used the alternate ailments in a Trinity setup (this league with a VLS Berzerker) and so inflicting all 3 ailments was never an issue but obviously this build scales entirely differently. I love the alternate ailments in general because I play in a duo and all are insanely useful to the other person too.
"
jeremy_u_s3 schrieb:
Thanks a ton, that difference didn’t even occur to me. I’ve only used the alternate ailments in a Trinity setup (this league with a VLS Berzerker) and so inflicting all 3 ailments was never an issue but obviously this build scales entirely differently. I love the alternate ailments in general because I play in a duo and all are insanely useful to the other person too.

Huh yeah you're right, I guess this makes it somewhat of a support too eh since Scorch is all elements and Brittle is global crit, and Sap is obviously global reduction. Didn't think of it that way! XD
How you interact with this 3s arcanist brand, I struggle with to play with brand recall since the brands are so fast gone ?

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: