[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
Soulravel schrieb:
Which frees up more mana? Self-control with 80% increased mana reservation efficiency for discipline with its 35% default mana reservation or Uncompromising with 50% increased mana reservation efficiency for determination with its 50% default mana reservation?

Uncompromising frees up more mana. Have tested both.
Endgame content hot off the presses, bossing with DD:

Deathless Feared simultaneous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lo4900Cum0

Maven (one death at the very end lol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaDJWKQIJ5g

I did Simulacrum but could only get to wave 27, just didn't have enough damage to kill the bosses. Stupid monster level 75 in that area.

I was also able to do a Chayula's Flawless Breachstone but didn't record it. I did a Blight-Ravaged map as well, but that was just carried by the tower strategy, the build doesn't even matter.

Last thing to try is an Unrelenting Emblem Domain of Timeless Conflict. I expect to be able to kill things, but this build is not great for farming rewards in that encounter.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Cryotron9000 um 27.11.2021, 18:03:14
"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:
"
Mugungo schrieb:
How do you handle out of combat damage?
As with most things in POE the 5head answer is.... "Just don't get hit".

I can't say I've noticed it being a big problem on this build, high life pool and life flask seems to be enough, but I do remember it being a huge issue the first time I played a LGOH sustain character so possibly a big part of it is just getting used to that playstyle?

There's a few options you could look at to combat it:

- Drop Light of Divinity and the two ele nodes closest to it.

- Drop the Watchers jewel socket

- Grab divergent inspiration and pick up the mana cost nodes at Righteous Decree

- Reroll the minus mana on rings to -7 for both

- Drop the replica conq

All of that would allow you to get to a 3 cost Desecrate and free VD along with freeing up a jewel socket and 3 passives at the cost of going -20 int. With room to fertile catalyst the Desecrate down to 1 if you wish.

(I'd be doing all that even if not aiming to tackle the sustain and simply to grab more damage)

From there there's a few options:

- Watchers Eye with unconditional regen rather than the current life leech mod

or

- Kitava's Teachings an option for higher sustain if you're willing to put some effort into keeping some corpses up (could swap the DD in your CwC for Unearth or just get used to spamming brand recall to trigger desecrates)

- With the free passives grab a 10% life mastery (larger health pool helps) and/or a 2% life regen while moving mastery for unconditional sustain
- Won't help sustain but hard not to suggest grabbing the crit multi mastery :P I'll justify it with "dead stuff can't hurt you with degens"

- Leech enchant on boots can be swapped for a less or different conditional life regen enchant

- Lowering the strength requirement with dropping int leaves you open to upgrading that Sapphire ring to a better one with lower attribute demands (be sure to watch the range on your Heavy Belt blessing so you know the range needed on the ring)

For anything where you're expecting to hit degens or out of combat damage you could also drop Herald of Ash (limited benefit anyway when you don't need the clear benefits with inpulsa) and put a higher level Vitality in. Not ideal, but an option.

Complete aside:

How do you find the uptime on Cinderswallow?

I'd have thought without the charge regen from ignites it'd be a bit nasty, but outside of bossing that might not be a huge factor.

thanks for the feedback! the leech enchant was leftover from before i got the watchers eye, its been on my list to fix it for sure. One thing I've been plannin is to swap the side the watchers eye is connected on, then find a ring with 20 less strength (or go down to the cluster spot below, and get one with 40 less!)

I love the idea of Kitava's teachings, if i can get a discipline watchers to replace spider aspect i was thinkin of trying corpsewalker + kitava teachings, which is less health overall, but has the added benefit of tons of extra corpses and a TON of regen.

As far as cinderswallow go, its...okayish charges. Not as bad as you'd think, but its mostly just a stopgap till i can get frenzies goin for the other setup.
"
Cryotron9000 schrieb:
Endgame content hot off the presses, bossing with DD:

Deathless Feared simultaneous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lo4900Cum0

Maven (one death at the very end lol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaDJWKQIJ5g

I did Simulacrum but could only get to wave 27, just didn't have enough damage to kill the bosses. Stupid monster level 75 in that area.

I was also able to do a Chayula's Flawless Breachstone but didn't record it. I did a Blight-Ravaged map as well, but that was just carried by the tower strategy, the build doesn't even matter.

Last thing to try is an Unrelenting Emblem Domain of Timeless Conflict. I expect to be able to kill things, but this build is not great for farming rewards in that encounter.

you have an elemental damage node next to holy dominion that you don't need to connect anymore, saves you a passive!
Hello again folks!

So I got bored and went ahead with my plan to respec my vd/dd spellslinger inquisitor as a variant of this build! So far, it seems to be working pretty well relative to the investment.

I've done every guardian, shaper, elder, conqueror, breach boss and more (minus al-hezmin, chaos damage is a bit ouchy)

Overall, the main thing I liked about inquisitor was the flat regen + extra sustain from doryani jewel. Especially for big hits(I can tank shaper slams, basically all degen attacks minus a8 sirus. Damage is definitely quite cushy, even more so when I swap to DD tho I think the amount of hits from VD coupled with Life Gain on hit watcher's eye makes that the defensive choice.

However, I definitely struggle a little with the explodey clear that everyone is talking about (though clear is not half bad anyhow, maybe I just don't know how to scale the chest explosions?) and some unidentified attacks just annihilate me before I can even react, such as that weird whirlpool thingy in the minotaur fight, and packs of scourge mobs.

Here's my POB for the template, and feel free to check my account for the actual character (IGN goldflake_)

https://pastebin.com/bEu3amkw

I hope you folks could figure out how to boost my tankiness, I was thinking of some mana guardian shenanigans but I don't really know the first thing about that build style.

Thanks!
Finally got my chest/rotgut and jewelry up and I AM CRUISING! Loving the DW so far, glad I saw the tips on the helm craft as that's next up for me, wish you could search through threads better, as crafting makes my head spin. If anyone looks at my gear I know my scepter sucks, haven't been able to get a good roll with open suffix and well I'm cruising so screw it! Thanks for the build and this lively community, one of the most active builds I've seen!
So, the 10% non-scalable chaos explosions from unspeakable gifts is kind of "okay", but it doesn't really pop off as well as a proper explosion chest does. It's not just the difference between 10 and 30%, it's also chaos with no scaling vs phys with phys to fire scaling really.

However in the process of testing it, I came to love the fact that you don't need a crusader chest, there's just so much value in a well rolled hunter+redeemer chest!

The extra curse helps a lot.

So I started thinking, how can I get the best of both worlds, without completely redoing my gear every boss?

Obviously a 2nd chest would make sense, but at the same time, that means dropping down from assassins mark on map clear, which has been great as well (perma power charges uptime), and 35% offering effectiveness which is a ton of block (or cast speed with flesh offering, whatever you prefer)

So behold the solution! (yes this is a work in process)

I have an imprint with +2 spell skill and t1 crit, and will be working from there.

Dump a second set of gems in this, and it's an easy weapon swap between map clear and bossing!

PS. I am working on ways to fit in Purity of Elements. It will make gearing a ton easier and provides elemental ailment immunity which is the only thing that can really kill me still.

Also double corrupting breathstealers hoping for one with elemental weakness, for another annoint.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von falagar112 um 30.11.2021, 00:42:46
Can someone point me in the direction of the crit build POB? I swear I've searched the thread here for an hour and seen tons of references to it, but can't find a baseline one. Loving the beginner version, got my awakened spell cascade and hoping to respec.
Okay, so I basically looked at one of primaeva's characters and mimicked the tree, lol.

My question now - how do you sustain life exactly beyond the life on spell hit ring(s)? Just faced a boss in T16 and got absolutely rolled even with determination. My POB if anyone wants to look...gear is obviously still in progress.

https://pastebin.com/2Qc4g2gr
"
tghero schrieb:
Okay, so I basically looked at one of primaeva's characters and mimicked the tree, lol.

My question now - how do you sustain life exactly beyond the life on spell hit ring(s)? Just faced a boss in T16 and got absolutely rolled even with determination. My POB if anyone wants to look...gear is obviously still in progress.

https://pastebin.com/2Qc4g2gr

You can roll fire damage leeched as life on a notable on a glorious vanity. May be difficult to get the right one.

You can also pick up a megalomaniac or other cluster jewel that has ele or spell life leech on it.

There's one f/s right now that has discipline reservation and leech for only 60c. This is one of the searches I used

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/82P6o0ZFV

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: