[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
EmavYY schrieb:
Hi, I followed your 1ex budget POB. and need some help here. I tried white maps and it cleared maps in general really quick, but when boss and elite mobs, it won't do too much damage. also, im having mana issue. Could you please help me fix my build and where my next upgrade needs to be? thanks!

Where can I get the spectre? why is my spectres keep dying?

Here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/ADx4xtEf

PoB is linking to another build :)

+ specters you can get from /global 6666 =)
"
McDunk schrieb:
"
EmavYY schrieb:
Hi, I followed your 1ex budget POB. and need some help here. I tried white maps and it cleared maps in general really quick, but when boss and elite mobs, it won't do too much damage. also, im having mana issue. Could you please help me fix my build and where my next upgrade needs to be? thanks!

Where can I get the spectre? why is my spectres keep dying?

Here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/ADx4xtEf

PoB is linking to another build :)

+ specters you can get from /global 6666 =)

apologize. I already fixed the POB.
If you have issues with boss dps, simply switch volatile dead for detonate dead, it's sick.
DD shouldn't be doing more DPS than VD if all the corpses that are consumed hit the boss.

DD hits about twice as hard as VD, but it only explodes 5 corpses per cast (with Awakened Spell Cascase). VD explodes all 12 corpses you create per cast.

You also ramp Corpse Pact much slower, and can't reach as many stacks, because you are consuming fewer corpses in the same amount of time.
"
Cryotron9000 schrieb:
DD shouldn't be doing more DPS than VD if all the corpses that are consumed hit the boss.

DD hits about twice as hard as VD, but it only explodes 5 corpses per cast (with Awakened Spell Cascase). VD explodes all 12 corpses you create per cast.

You also ramp Corpse Pact much slower, and can't reach as many stacks, because you are consuming fewer corpses in the same amount of time.

while this is true in theory, practice thought me that DD is killing bosses a lot faster :/

I think partially it is because VD has travel time, which is very noticable on say Sirus, where they try to chase him - while DD is simply sticking
"
falagar112 schrieb:
I think partially it is because VD has travel time, which is very noticable on say Sirus, where they try to chase him - while DD is simply sticking
The corpses are placed by Desecrate. Whether you blow them up with VD corpse explosions or with DD corpse explosions wouldn't make much difference in terms of timing.

The additional spell damage from the VD balls after the corpse explosions is nice, bonus damage and fantastic for keeping up our on hit sustain, but not especially significant to the overall damage.
"
klaymored schrieb:
Any tips for SSF?
Have fun :D

I leaguestarted it in GSF, so some similar experience with the limitations.

- Don't rush the switches. Arma can easily carry to reds (I did a partial respec of an ignite setup, but pretty sure it wasn't needed and should have saved the regrets) and EO/Dual Wield can easily carry end game. Switching too late a lot better than switching too early here.

- Plan your Atlas grinds. Einhar for Fenn boots and Aspect craft, Essences for the Horror craft helm, Jun for trigger (can skip if you get a Horror craft early and free up space in your CWC) and Cane farm, Legion for your Glorious Vanity, Heist to speed up drops of Twins contract for your Leadership's Price, Harvest (in general, but especially helpful for) influence swaps (Shaped Rings, Shaped Gloves, Elder Helm, Redeemer and Crusader Chests eventually) and Delve for your specter grind.

- The Inpulsa clear boost is real and Porcupine removal a real life saver on the pre Determination setup. I'd target my mythic/chances/Gwennan/rng in this direction if you can. If you don't get lucky prioritise the Explode mod and rush the Frenzy/Explodey craft asap.

- Doryani's Catalyst is pretty beastly for the dual wield setup, well worth the farm. I was able to skip this with plenty in the group farming up their boots from Atziri but the original plan was Pantheon and Ring to reduce the reflect and do a few sets. If you happen to drop a Fire Invitation it's not the worst option for a leveling belt either. Another option there is spamming Ancient City for the div drops as part of the essence/harvest farm. Either works, go with personal preference.

- When crafting remember Cast speed is king. It's more damage and faster ramping of the damage, sure, but it's way more survivability as you're not getting hit if you're casting fast enough. A number of times I swapped a weapon for way more theoretical damage and less cast speed... I always swapped back. Aside from that be aware of the differences between Fire/Ele damage scaling (good) and spell scaling (not nearly as good as it scales a small fraction of our damage) for the build.

- Switches for me personally:

EO switch minimum = Dory's Catalyst, trigger craft scepter with cast speed, two shaped rings with LHOspellH and -mana. Adding Shaped Blind gloves and Horror crafted Elder helm over time. Arma/Crema works fantastically. No need to rush this.

Crit switch minimum = I wanted to avoid faffing about too often on regearing so made my crit switch at the same time as my Leadership rebalancing. I'd need to have regeared for either individually so easier to do the two together in my mind.

So for me it was a Solid cast speed/%fire staff (still haven't gotten a usable Cane), Leadership's Price, Glorious Vanity (skews our int down for attribute balancing), Brawn (skew attributes further up and down in our favour) and then massively overinvesting into a terrible belt to tie it all together. Also used the opportunity to switch in new rings with anti curse and an unset to give more socket flexibility.

Highly advise using POB at that step for attribute balancing, unlike me. Brawn doesn't move things hugely but it's enough to make you feel like an idiot when balancing perfectly.... and being 1 off ;)
"
TsuDhoNim schrieb:
"
klaymored schrieb:
Any tips for SSF?
Have fun :D

I leaguestarted it in GSF, so some similar experience with the limitations.

- Don't rush the switches. Arma can easily carry to reds (I did a partial respec of an ignite setup, but pretty sure it wasn't needed and should have saved the regrets) and EO/Dual Wield can easily carry end game. Switching too late a lot better than switching too early here.

- Plan your Atlas grinds. Einhar for Fenn boots and Aspect craft, Essences for the Horror craft helm, Jun for trigger (can skip if you get a Horror craft early and free up space in your CWC) and Cane farm, Legion for your Glorious Vanity, Heist to speed up drops of Twins contract for your Leadership's Price, Harvest (in general, but especially helpful for) influence swaps (Shaped Rings, Shaped Gloves, Elder Helm, Redeemer and Crusader Chests eventually) and Delve for your specter grind.

- The Inpulsa clear boost is real and Porcupine removal a real life saver on the pre Determination setup. I'd target my mythic/chances/Gwennan/rng in this direction if you can. If you don't get lucky prioritise the Explode mod and rush the Frenzy/Explodey craft asap.

- Doryani's Catalyst is pretty beastly for the dual wield setup, well worth the farm. I was able to skip this with plenty in the group farming up their boots from Atziri but the original plan was Pantheon and Ring to reduce the reflect and do a few sets. If you happen to drop a Fire Invitation it's not the worst option for a leveling belt either. Another option there is spamming Ancient City for the div drops as part of the essence/harvest farm. Either works, go with personal preference.

- When crafting remember Cast speed is king. It's more damage and faster ramping of the damage, sure, but it's way more survivability as you're not getting hit if you're casting fast enough. A number of times I swapped a weapon for way more theoretical damage and less cast speed... I always swapped back. Aside from that be aware of the differences between Fire/Ele damage scaling (good) and spell scaling (not nearly as good as it scales a small fraction of our damage) for the build.

- Switches for me personally:

EO switch minimum = Dory's Catalyst, trigger craft scepter with cast speed, two shaped rings with LHOspellH and -mana. Adding Shaped Blind gloves and Horror crafted Elder helm over time. Arma/Crema works fantastically. No need to rush this.

Crit switch minimum = I wanted to avoid faffing about too often on regearing so made my crit switch at the same time as my Leadership rebalancing. I'd need to have regeared for either individually so easier to do the two together in my mind.

So for me it was a Solid cast speed/%fire staff (still haven't gotten a usable Cane), Leadership's Price, Glorious Vanity (skews our int down for attribute balancing), Brawn (skew attributes further up and down in our favour) and then massively overinvesting into a terrible belt to tie it all together. Also used the opportunity to switch in new rings with anti curse and an unset to give more socket flexibility.

Highly advise using POB at that step for attribute balancing, unlike me. Brawn doesn't move things hugely but it's enough to make you feel like an idiot when balancing perfectly.... and being 1 off ;)

Thank you very much mate, its been leagues since I dipped my toe in SSF and it's good to hear great advice from someone who's up to date with it! With your permission, when I revamp the guide, I will copypasta and attribute this post to you in the first page posts :)
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
When switching over to Leadership's price and Duskdawn, its fine to keep using Inpulsa's right?
"
falagar112 schrieb:
"
Cryotron9000 schrieb:

while this is true in theory, practice thought me that DD is killing bosses a lot faster :/

This is likely a good conclusion. The beefier a boss, the less the ramp time matters, since the top-end DPS will be outpace a single target that can withstand >3-4 sec of our endgame DPS.

I think Star ran a DD version and another argument for it is that it simply is less laggy and in fact, looks mothafuckin' badass. The one drawback is that you lose some juicy offscreening ability from 60 balls.

It could be as simple as us running a gem swap - DD for big bosses and VD for mapping! Another point of flexibility in the build. :D

On top of this, the 45% chance for Detonate Dead to consume an additional corpse is BIG TIME DAMAGE for the build and easily beats all other helm enchants out there.

I'll try it today and see if the FPS gains are indeed that big. I wouldn't mind tossing out VD as the headliner if it simply allowed more people to play the build. I myself have had sound effects muted for leagues now, not the way I prefer it but I am left no choice.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: