[3.10] VolaBomber | CwC - Volatile Dead Chieftain | All Content

"
SiCH13 schrieb:
"
Tupactheon schrieb:
any budget gear to start with? i mean soulwrest is 2,2exp right now.

I know dude. For some reason in this league Soulwrest is insanely expensive. I bought 2 6-linked soulwrests in 3.7 for about 50c each. That's why it was so easy to start.

In 3.8 I farmed Blood Aqueduct using Incinerate-CwC-VD-Concentrated-Combustion for Tabula rasa divination cards because we need any 6-link to start. After I discovered that can't afford Soulwrest I started to farm Jungle Valley map for 5-linked staff divination cards. My gem setup for Tabula was:

Cyclone - CwC - VD - Desecrate - Spell Cascade - Concentrated

It was enough for early mapping. Then lucky exalted orb dropped and I bought Disintegrator because it was much cheaper than Soulwrest and much better in terms of dps. After I bought Scold's for 8c and Doedre's for 10c and build started to work properly.

Total cost: 1 lucky Exalt + 18c

Thanks mate! will do that way. Also, what are the pantheon choices?
"
Tupactheon schrieb:

Thanks mate! will do that way. Also, what are the pantheon choices?

I think it's situational. But I'm trying to avoid any physical damage reduction. My personal choice:

Major: Arakaali (Stun Immune) or Brine King (DoT mitigation)
Minor: Shakari (DoT mitigation) or Yugul (Elemental reflect immune setup).
Having a hard time sustaining w/ mana... even with Atziri's Foible

With your posted current gear, are you able to sustain it because its only a 4L? How do you plan on sustaining a 6L? It that just the min-maxing enchants etc?

Just feel like im missing something or I just need to constantly spam mana pots :(
The original build does look sweet, but im curious what exactly does necro provide compared to chief?
"
BigGrizzlyD schrieb:
The original build does look sweet, but im curious what exactly does necro provide compared to chief?

Pros of Necro over Chieftain:

Better Positioning on the Passive Tree - Witch is right in the middle of where this build wants to be on the tree, you end up with something like 20 passive points that are more flexible than if you are running a marauder, this results in more optimized passives and more power at the end-game as a result.

Easier leveling experience - start with incinerate, add CwC + VD when you get the gems. That takes you all the way into maps with a pain-free experience.

Easier transition into the build - Once you have Essence Glutton + any 5 link, you can set up Cyclone + CwC + VD + Spell Cascade + Desecrate and transition into a weaker version of this build. Add in Doedre's Malevolence + Mistress of Sacrifice and you can transition into the full build easily and painlessly.

Stronger Defense - I have accidentally powered through 20+ Corrupted Blood stacks without even noticing, the free ES generated from Spirit Offering is insane for tanking.

Flexibility - I have recently been experimenting with Flesh Offering for white maps and it works extremely well. With a single gem swap, we can gain 17% movement speed at the cost of survivability, that's something chieftain doesn't have the option of doing.

Easier Mana Management - Because your mana concerns are taken care of by the ascendancy class alone, you are free to invest your $$$ into survivability and damage, meaning your character gains more raw power at a fraction of the cost.

The benefits of Chieftain are basically all damage-related, he does a TON of damage once you get him set up, but Necromancer has competing damage as well. Free 20% bonus damage from Shock on Corpse Pact, 15% bonus chaos damage from Spirit Offering, 10% more bonus damage Plaguebringer, and the passive minion damage bonuses from the passive tree and your ascendancy points once you pick up Spiritual Aid. Her damage package isn't quite as good as Chieftains, but it is a real package and leaves little room for Chieftain to truly be the better class in comparison.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von JermStudDog um 10.09.2019, 10:56:58
I wanted to post my character in here. I seem to randomly have slightly more mana issues than SiCH13 for some unknown reason, but they are minimal and more than made-up for by Assassin's Mark, I just can't infinitely spin in my HO.

Considerations moving forward:

I might grab the mana leech enchant on boots just to smooth out my mana issues. As a matter of fact, I'll probably do that tonight.

I think I'm going to get a Shroud of the Lightless for the Chest slot. It's an easy 6l chest and gives us a free abyssal jewel socket, I think that's the best chest piece outside of a well-rolled shaper chest, and it's only ~1.5 exa right now, so I'll probably pick one up tonight or tomorrow.

Oddly enough, getting a 6l on the Disintegrator isn't really a concern, especially if I grab a Shroud. I have too many gem slots and don't know what to do with them all.

I am currently running Aspect of the Spider, but it seems to be a wash on damage compared to Herald of Ash. I think an optimal build would find a way to reduce mana reservation by ~10% and run both, but I haven't figured out how to go about doing that yet.

I think jewel slots are a lot more important than SiCH13 gives consideration for them. I have a single jewel granting me something stupid like 30% increased damage on my tree. I will be prioritizing jewel sockets from where I'm at right now, and will probably even remove the AoE nodes (Amplify and Blast Radius and the pre-reqs for each) in favor of more life as well. Not sure Firewalker is worth it either, while it's a ton of increased fire damage, we have PLENTY of increased damage, there may be a better use of those 2 points as well. I need to figure out how to optimize this stuff.

Speaking of life, I'm at 4k life and 1k ES, while it hasn't inhibited me from doing maps, it's a bit lower than I'd like. I'll be trying to figure out how to up my health pool as well.

This build is insane and PERFECT for the league mechanics of Blight, I don't even build towers most of the time.

Further down the road - Getting a Volatile Dead Scold's is a massive DPS boost, but sounds like a pain in the butt to get, I need to figure out what to do there.

Lots of corruption options on gloves, +1 to socketed gem levels, elemental weakness on hit, and .5% spell crit are all juicy options.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von JermStudDog um 10.09.2019, 10:58:29
Would there be any variation to this build that might use Poet's Pen? Or would it be too far of a reach?
"
KleeziE schrieb:
Having a hard time sustaining w/ mana... even with Atziri's Foible

With your posted current gear, are you able to sustain it because its only a 4L? How do you plan on sustaining a 6L? It that just the min-maxing enchants etc?

Just feel like im missing something or I just need to constantly spam mana pots :(

I'm sustaining mana on both characters (Necro and Chieftain) with 6L setup even in my hideout. But for Chieftain it's a bit trickier to sustain mana than for Necro.

1. Use high level clarity
2. Try to find watcher's eye with clarity mod on it. Like this one:

3. Invest some skill points on tree to Mana regeneration rate.
4. Craft Betrayal master mod "Damage taken gained as mana" on your rare rings and amulet. If you haven't unlocked one, there are a lot of crafting services. Here are my collection:

5. Use Praxis or Victario's Flight. They are super cheap.

Proof of concept and items showcase for both character:
Volatile Dead Chieftain | Showcase and Spinning in HO
Volatile Dead Necromancer | Showcase and Spinning in HO
"
Zantheum schrieb:
Would there be any variation to this build that might use Poet's Pen? Or would it be too far of a reach?

I think Poet's Pen nerfed to the ground. Sure, it's still possible to build around. It can be a bit similar to my build, but it will probably be different character with other problems to solve.

We are officially in Necro build territory now - I am doing things you CANNOT do on the Chieftain version.

With Shroud of the Lightless, 2 of the Scion mana nodes, and the reservation side of the Sovereignty tree, I am able to run BOTH Herald of Ash AND Aspect of the Spider.

My jewel that is slotted into Shroud gives Onslaught and 4% physical damage as extra fire when I kill stuff.

I need to replace 2 jewels with better stuff, but we're starting to get somewhere unique and interesting. I am up to 30k damage per orb with elemental penetration, shock, and aspect of the spider on top of that.

The build is starting to get serious.

edit: disaster struck! Corpse Pact sends our mana consumption through the roof, we attack so fast, it becomes insane. Someone needs to figure out how to balance out mana with Corpse Pact, it's unsustainable at the moment and I just had to unlearn the passive.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von JermStudDog um 11.09.2019, 01:27:25

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: