[3.10] VolaBomber | CwC - Volatile Dead Chieftain | All Content

"
JermStudDog schrieb:

We are officially in Necro build territory now - I am doing things you CANNOT do on the Chieftain version.

With Shroud of the Lightless, 2 of the Scion mana nodes, and the reservation side of the Sovereignty tree, I am able to run BOTH Herald of Ash AND Aspect of the Spider.

My jewel that is slotted into Shroud gives Onslaught and 4% physical damage as extra fire when I kill stuff.

I need to replace 2 jewels with better stuff, but we're starting to get somewhere unique and interesting. I am up to 30k damage per orb with elemental penetration, shock, and aspect of the spider on top of that.

The build is starting to get serious.

edit: disaster struck! Corpse Pact sends our mana consumption through the roof, we attack so fast, it becomes insane. Someone needs to figure out how to balance out mana with Corpse Pact, it's unsustainable at the moment and I just had to unlearn the passive.

Wow really??? That would be a disaster!!!!! Im gonna start this build with the necro variant, but now im not sure :(.

Maybe adding some high lvl clarity helps? Instead of aspect of the spider.

If not, maybe adding Commander of Darkness instead of Corpse Pact could solve this, and the dmg is not too different
Zuletzt bearbeitet von PandaDap um 11.09.2019, 03:01:03
Hello, thx for the guide.

This build looks very cool but i have a probleme..

I dont sustain mana and life and doing t6-7 maps is a nightmare.

What should i change ?

"
Aerus_Morgal schrieb:

What should i change ?

Hm... taking the last post, i think your problem could be Corpse pact. Try to take it out and pick Mistress of Sacrifice, adding Spirit Offering to your CDWT. It will help with your mana and your life sustain (via adding ES).

Hope it helps!
"
PandaDap schrieb:
"
Aerus_Morgal schrieb:

What should i change ?

Hm... taking the last post, i think your problem could be Corpse pact. Try to take it out and pick Mistress of Sacrifice, adding Spirit Offering to your CDWT. It will help with your mana and your life sustain (via adding ES).

Hope it helps!

Thx , it work !
So I came up with a clever/stupid solution to the mana issues caused by Corpse Pact.

Doedre's is out, it's unnecessary. It has been replaced with 3x Fevered Mind jewels, and a Coward's Legacy + Pain Attunement.

We don't do enough self damage to ourselves to infinitely spin in our HO with this setup (well, we can spin, but it doesn't do anything), but in any situation with enemies, you can just spin your face right into their fist to get things rolling. Once you have taken a little bit of damage, Corpse Pact will take over and you start dealing enough damage to yourself to sustain from that point on.

The downside to this solution is that you need to fill up a bunch of jewel sockets with junky Fevered Mind jewels.

The upside to this solution is we get an extra 30% MORE damage modifier. Right now, that puts me at an estimated 120k damage per VD ball, which is 2x what it was before I picked up Corpse Pact last night.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von JermStudDog um 11.09.2019, 08:51:17
I tried cowards's legacy in 3.7 and it was disaster. We don't have any problems with damage output. DPS can be absurd with some setups. I killed Uber Elder even without belt by mistake lol. Our main problem is survivability. Cowards's legacy makes us glass cannon because it scales not only our damage from Scold's but all incoming damage.

But if it's working for you just go for it.))

BTW you can simply scale some armour on your gear. That will help you mitigate part of the damage from Scold's. Kaom's Heart works great. I tried it on my Chieftain character. Or maybe we should find the way to curse our character with Temp Chains. That will reduce attack speed and all buffs will last longer.
I agree that the damage is absurd, and I'm not married to Coward's Legacy. I think I would have to eventually get some Death's Door boots to deal with the bleed effect at least, and that doesn't sound like where we want to go here. Even then, taking 40% increased physical damage doesn't sound appealing, my health pool is already lower than I'd like it to be (4.2k life/1k shield) so I'm a little scared of getting bopped by random big hits.

That said, taking increased self damage is actually good here because my self-damage through scolds is so low with only 20 mana on cyclone.

Another thing to consider now is that a 7l staff with Cast while Channeling and Double Damage is probably the end-goal now for our weapon slot. We need the higher mana cost on Cyclone to consistently get VD rolling.

http://poe.trade/search/homukutaukitub

Something like that, those all look kinda trashy though.

My Shrould of the Lightless looks kinda silly now. It works at the moment, but with the new consideration for balancing attack speed/mana cost, it isn't nearly as good as I had thought it was going to be. I think I'm back to wanting a Shaper body armor for BiS chest piece.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von JermStudDog um 11.09.2019, 12:22:35
"
JermStudDog schrieb:

We are officially in Necro build territory now - I am doing things you CANNOT do on the Chieftain version.

With Shroud of the Lightless, 2 of the Scion mana nodes, and the reservation side of the Sovereignty tree, I am able to run BOTH Herald of Ash AND Aspect of the Spider.

My jewel that is slotted into Shroud gives Onslaught and 4% physical damage as extra fire when I kill stuff.

I need to replace 2 jewels with better stuff, but we're starting to get somewhere unique and interesting. I am up to 30k damage per orb with elemental penetration, shock, and aspect of the spider on top of that.

The build is starting to get serious.

edit: disaster struck! Corpse Pact sends our mana consumption through the roof, we attack so fast, it becomes insane. Someone needs to figure out how to balance out mana with Corpse Pact, it's unsustainable at the moment and I just had to unlearn the passive.

On a fully maxed out build you consume around ~150 corpses every 4 seconds (refers to "recently" on Corpse Pact ascendency passive) which increased your attack speed by around 300% if toped out

That makes your Cyclone attack 27.5 times a second with Disintegrator without taking any other attack speed passives on tree or gear which means you need your Cyclone to cost around ~14 mana to trigger CWDT 3 times/sec

Sounds doable in theory but:
- you have to consider server lag
- you will get kicked for performing too many actions :(
- you have to get a seperate setup for "starting" your corpse engine
- it is very inconsistant and you can not stop spinning at any time if you want to keep up your stacks

So this isn't viable at all I feel. I feel corpse pact isn't doable for this build if you go beyond a specific point in your endgame setup.

Besides Chieftain and Necro I think Hierophant would be a great fit for this build too. Hierophant provides a ton of mana and mana regen, free damage, free Arcane Surge and ailment immunity (it is hard to gain arcane surge buff on a build that just wants to spin and never stop doing so)
disregard i figured it out lol
Zuletzt bearbeitet von FourinchFailure um 11.09.2019, 16:19:19
Update after yesterdays disaster-fixing effort.

Things aren't that bad. As I mentioned, Cowards Legacy is an option, and once I got into understanding the new mechanics, there are actually lots of options available for fixing our mana issues in a positive way. I already moved away from Cowards Legacy into Sich's old solution for Chieftain:

That, alongside Blood Rage and 3x Fevered Mind gives us plenty of attack speed to get off the ground, 12% MORE damage from frenzy charges, and a minor DoT on our health, which is a little annoying, but nothing special. The life leech not wearing off at full hp helps with survivability as well.

new gloves takes care of resists and gives just a LITTLE bit of damage, I think they cost me 12 chaos.

I also saw this badboy on trade so I sold my Shroud of the Lightless to pick it up, I am currently sitting on a Tabula while I try to 6l it, at that point, it will be my new weapon and likely the last weapon this character will ever wear.

Zuletzt bearbeitet von JermStudDog um 12.09.2019, 10:49:11

Beitrag melden

Konto melden:

Meldegrund

Weitere Informationen: